UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not up to speed here, but if he had been knocked unconscious, wouldn’t he have been examined by a doctor? Was ski patrol called, and did they take him down the mountain? A closed head injury can be very dangerous…. recalling the tragic deaths of Sonny Bono, and then Liam Nelson’s wife (I can’t recall her name).
There should be medical records ?

I can relate to this based on a skiing accident I had one time. I went off a jump, and when I landed, someone skied into me. We both fell, and we both went down on ski patrol sleds.

I couldn't tell you who's fault it was, it just happened so fast. I literally have no memory of going down the mountain on a sled, or really anything else that day, I was checked out at the ER, went home and to bed. The entire week is fuzzy.

My own experience. I don't know who I collided with or anything else.

These attorneys are certainly no Ben Chew, are they!
She “needs to lose the blue notebook”.
Benjamin Chew spoke about preparing A-listers for testimony. He said that Paltrow should stop being a prima donna and quit "looking like a sad sack." he also noted that she appeared "disrespectful" when she failed to stand when the judge and jury entered. (3/22/23)

The day has barely begun and the lawyers are already acting up. Mr. Owens got the plaintiff’s name wrong and revealed a “private” convo with plaintiff’s lawyer. What is so private about saying you’re going to call GP before your client? Then Mr. Owens says he was complimenting counsel for being straightforward and plaintiff’s counsel says don’t compliment me anymore (with a laugh).

Judge is like:

giphy.gif

These attorneys are certainly no Ben Chew, are they!
She “needs to lose the blue notebook”.
Benjamin Chew spoke about preparing A-listers for testimony. He said that Paltrow should stop being a prima donna and quit "looking like a sad sack." he also noted that she appeared "disrespectful" when she failed to stand when the judge and jury entered. (3/22/23)

Yes, no Ben Chew and his team for sure!!

What I find interesting is that Depp and his legal team seemed to fit … as does Paltrow and her lawyers … just a much different projection to each.

We just learned the plaintiff has erectile dysfunction on top of everything else. Defense’s “handpicked” expert thinks the ED is part of the host of problems causing plaintiff’s current symptoms. That just seems like a low blow on defense’s part…intended to humiliate the plaintiff. Nevertheless it might explain the bad attitude!

We just learned the plaintiff has erectile dysfunction on top of everything else. Defense’s “handpicked” expert thinks the ED is part of the host of problems causing plaintiff’s current symptoms. That just seems like a low blow on defense’s part…intended to humiliate the plaintiff. Nevertheless it might explain the bad attitude!
agree, not sure how erectile dysfunction would in any way be connected to alleged concussion symptoms. It was a throwaway comment meant to be a very public dig against the plaintiff. but your comment about the causality for the bad attitude has me rolling :D

Plaintiff is in a small minority of individuals that claim to STILL have symptoms years later.

I do appreciate how this expert continues to describe this as a MILD Traumatic Brain Injury. Makes me feel he believes what he is testifying to and doesn't want to be confused as someone who is a paid gun selling his testimony for gain for a man who is suing for gain.

I'm assuming defense counsel is making it clear in this cross that the biomedical engineer (think I have that right) did not factor in any testimony via deposition of many who were on the mountain that day or their presumed descriptions of the incident or Plaintiff's behaviors afterward. He is subtly suggesting (MOO) that this expert arrived at his opinion based on a very few select depositions which support the Plaintiff's claims, the medical records containing mostly anecdotal information as reported by the plaintiff and the expert's own understanding of physics. He also did not read the depositions or reports of any of the defense experts to read any of the alternate theories.

Expert says he noted that the plaintiff stated to someone that the collision was his fault but expert says a TBI concussed person has confusion and might say such a thing.

He later goes on to say from behind and the pre existing vision issues would not have factored into his analysis because being struck from behind vision of Plaintiff couldn't have been a factor because people don't have eyes in the back of his head.

I’m not up to speed here, but if he had been knocked unconscious, wouldn’t he have been examined by a doctor? Was ski patrol called, and did they take him down the mountain? A closed head injury can be very dangerous…. recalling the tragic deaths of Sonny Bono, and then Liam Nelson’s wife (I can’t recall her name).
BBM
Natasha Richardson.

So the 45 minute unconsciousness issue just came up again. It was definitely post ski collision. And the expert made a good point, how does he know it was 45 mins if he was knocked out? Apparently he fell. If someone else was there they would’ve likely called an ambulance if he was out for 45 mins.

shoot had to step away - are we on lunch break already or just a break to fetch next witness?

expert ruled out S hitting P because he doesn't feel the rib fractures would be where they were would be in another place and his speed to her dead stop would not give the type of force needed for the injuries sustained. It was "borderline" meaning possible but not probable.

S would have had to be going pretty fast on his speed on impact. I don't know his speed. one of the things I didn't have was the skiers' speeds at the time of impact, either way.

(correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't the skiers' speeds factor a great deal into calculating how he arrived at his injuries????)

Ok so the expert’s opinion is he was hit from the back on the left! And he says if he had hit her the fracture would’ve been located elsewhere. This is a good expert for the plaintiff.
yeah, that bit was good. but how do you trust that analysis without their speeds being factored in? Overall he is pretty good. Way better than the radiologist guy

he stays in his lane, doesn't attempt to second guess other experts in other fields, defers to them about their own fields of expertise. He makes a good witness so far.

Ok so the expert’s opinion is he was hit from the back on the left! And he says if he had hit her the fracture would’ve been located elsewhere. This is a good expert for the plaintiff.
That seems like the obvious account of what happened - that she hit him from behind. That leaves the question of why Paltrow would deny that she skied into him. Doesn't her reputation and credibility rest on honesty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie