UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS doesn't remember much, Ramon is the definition as a bad eyewitness. He's colorblind, has no clue who is wearing what, wasn't focused on them, hears and turns

EC the ski instructor also heard and turned. Same. Both heard and turned. CR says he was an eyewitness. EC says I didn't see it but saw right after. (the animations are coming again) It's not CR vs EC. There were others on that hill. nobody but CR has TS spread eagle face down in the snow. TS claims he was flying - airborne.

Why wasn’t Ramon called to the stand today?

Why wasn’t Ramon called to the stand today?
It might have been because they lost so much time trying to get the math guy with their technical difficulties. They did say they were going to call him but now they are not but didn’t give a reason so I’m just guessing it was a time thing.

good start by the defense in closing. what did GP lose? Not just an afternoon of skiing. She was in love, first opportunity for two family's to spend together, to see if they could blend this into one family. Missed out on bonding with her now step children.

Lost it because he hit her. he hurt her. And then he asked for 3 million dollars for the pleasure. (very well prepared this closing in sharp contrast to Plaintiff's closing MOO)

You are lady justice, why blindfolded, is she blind, nope she's smart, she's not distracted by chaos of media sympathy for TS, etc. The scales of justice means a preponderance of the evidence. The daughters, his life is laid open, HE HIT HER! HE HURT HER!. easier to have written a check and been done with it. Well what does that teach her kids? That would be wrong.

My wife said don't waive the dollar so I'm not waiving the dollar. dead even tie means neither wins anything, but this is not even close. Burden of proof is theirs and that is evident because they get the last word. That's what we do when someone has a burden of proof. GP did not leave the scene of the accident without providing contact info. press conference 4 years ago king kong came out of the jungle brushed off and went away.

Spoilation, if TS destroyed evidence you can assume it is bad for them. TS owned a go pro. Shae got off the phone with the understanding that he had video. no one has the go pro, but if you find that he had a video you can conclude it was helpful to GP and wouldn't' be nice to have around.

We heard a week of testimony about his brain and how he thinks, he likes attention, he likes the spotlight. does it make you uncomfortable? makes me uncomfortable. Gibby says he has great relationship with his daughters. Gibby didn't even know the third daughter existed. because she wants nothing to do with him.

It's not about the dollar. It's about ruining a very delicate time in a relationship when they are trying to blend a family.

(Owens has a good flow here, he is knocking it out of the park MOO)

Since plaintiff did Owens is also walking through how he would like to see the verdict forms completed (this is so bizarre to me)

good start by the defense in closing. what did GP lose? Not just an afternoon of skiing. She was in love, first opportunity for two family's to spend together, to see if they could blend this into one family. Missed out on bonding with her now step children.

Lost it because he hit her. he hurt her. And then he asked for 3 million dollars for the pleasure. (very well prepared this closing in sharp contrast to Plaintiff's closing MOO)

You are lady justice, why blindfolded, is she blind, nope she's smart, she's not distracted by chaos of media sympathy for TS, etc. The scales of justice means a preponderance of the evidence. The daughters, his life is laid open, HE HIT HER! HE HURT HER!. easier to have written a check and been done with it. Well what does that teach her kids? That would be wrong.

My wife said don't waive the dollar so I'm not waiving the dollar. dead even tie means neither wins anything, but this is not even close. Burden of proof is theirs and that is evident because they get the last word. That's what we do when someone has a burden of proof. GP did not leave the scene of the accident without providing contact info. press conference 4 years ago king kong came out of the jungle brushed off and went away.

Spoilation, if TS destroyed evidence you can assume it is bad for them. TS owned a go pro. Shae got off the phone with the understanding that he had video. no one has the go pro, but if you find that he had a video you can conclude it was helpful to GP and wouldn't' be nice to have around.

We heard a week of testimony about his brain and how he thinks, he likes attention, he likes the spotlight. does it make you uncomfortable? makes me uncomfortable. Gibby says he has great relationship with his daughters. Gibby didn't even know the third daughter existed. because she wants nothing to do with him.

It's not about the dollar. It's about ruining a very delicate time in a relationship when they are trying to blend a family.

(Owens has a good flow here, he is knocking it out of the park MOO)

Since plaintiff did Owens is also walking through how he would like to see the verdict forms completed (this is so bizarre to me)

The defense closing is what I would describe as a "normal" closing: it is solid, it flows: do I like everything about it? no, but that is ok. The plaintiff closing was bizarre and required how many attorneys to do it? ridiculous. I did not like the defense attorney telling the jury how to fill out
the verdict form- i thought that was a bridge too far. I would imagine the jury doesn't like GP much either- you know rich celebrity and all of that. At the end of the day though, the plaintiff sustained minor damage as a result of the collision no matter whose fault it was: broken ribs.

The defense closing is what I would describe as a "normal" closing: it is solid, it flows: do I like everything about it? no, but that is ok. The plaintiff closing was bizarre and required how many attorneys to do it? ridiculous. I did not like the defense attorney telling the jury how to fill out
the verdict form- i thought that was a bridge too far. I would imagine the jury doesn't like GP much either- you know rich celebrity and all of that. At the end of the day though, the plaintiff sustained minor damage as a result of the collision no matter whose fault it was: broken ribs.
I actually felt as though GP was getting a good vibe from the jurors when she was in the witness box, going by her facial expressions when she looked towards them.

Excuse if this has already been addressed, and I am just catching up on testimony.
But, the last question from Mr. Beuller to the plaintiff's engineering expert from the military was whether it was possible for Terry to have been airborne from the accident, and the plaintiff's own expert clearly said NO!

Ha!! Their own expert killed their own explanation. There is agreement that Terry was not airborne! (anyone with significant skiing experience knows this already, btw).

To me -- end of trial.

"Life moves pretty fast...." But not fast enough to be airborne, if you're Terry!

Mr Egan would be the perfect guy to play John in a Peter Pan movie. Lol

I don't like that TS is smirking at Mr. Eagan during his closing statement. TS is all ego, no humility. I believe TS is a greedy opportunist and deserves to loose this case.

they are saying so what about TS injuries - so what. He was left on the mountain - so what.

I want you to remember, there's been a lot of talk about what Jenny Sanderson said. She's the one that went on a trip with him so their relationship can't be that bad.

Bringing a lawsuit against a celebrity is hard, they destroy your life OBJECTION. ( defense - Don't lump her in with other celebrities)

Someone (TS) has a lot of facts. someone (GP) has a lot of fanfare and very little else.

thank the gods that is done I can't handle a single minute more of this crap.

I don't like that TS is smirking at Mr. Eagan during his closing statement. TS is all ego, no humility. I believe TS is a greedy opportunist and deserves to loose this case.
Watching James now...he is so incredibly likable and well spoken. Sure to go over well with the jury after having to listen to Sykes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77