UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So she’s been watching the trial? Isn’t she supposed to be sequestered? How else did she know the email addresses were being posted live? Defense needs to clear that up. So far I note 2-3 instances where her testimony is almost verbatim that of Polly.

below that comment appears to be a link, it is also a meetup link. Plaintiff counsel is establishing that the link correlates and is very similar with the meet up link from the email.

That was a good move on their part. MOO

Shae didn't mean in the email that go pro footage existed. she was trying to reassure dad that there MUST be go pro footage out there "somewhere"

(so not buying this. not one little bit. MOO Shae just lied on the stand about that. bold faced and on the record)

We just learned the plaintiff has erectile dysfunction on top of everything else. Defense’s “handpicked” expert thinks the ED is part of the host of problems causing plaintiff’s current symptoms. That just seems like a low blow on defense’s part…intended to humiliate the plaintiff. Nevertheless it might explain the bad attitude!
the guy is just going thru typical stuff that happens as we age. I think he regarded himself as a "player' with multiple wives, girlfriends and a jet set type of life. That accident is not his problem his advanced age and health issues (not related to accident) are the problem.

the guy is just going thru typical stuff that happens as we age. I think he regarded himself as a "player' with multiple wives, girlfriends and a jet set type of life. That accident is not his problem his advanced age and health issues (not related to accident) are the problem.
I tend to agree, his problems with the perfectly normal decline in his mental and physical abilities is right in line with my own experience with seniors describing the progressive "slippage" as they age. The premise seems to be that he would never have experienced such things if not for collision and I simply cannot believe that to be true. It flies in my 15 plus years of dealing daily with seniors and their perfectly normal aging processes they describe to me.

So dad was belittling granddaughter and Shae slipped up and said he was belittling “my little sister.” Of course we know Jenny says this behavior is nothing new. Freudian slip?

I tend to agree, his problems with the perfectly normal decline in his mental and physical abilities is right in line with my own experience with seniors describing the progressive "slippage" as they age. The premise seems to be that he would never have experienced such things if not for collision and I simply cannot believe that to be true. It flies in my 15 plus years of dealing daily with seniors and their perfectly normal aging processes they describe to me.
it flies in the face of my personal experience with being over 70. Things change. Put my daughter on the stand she would give the same answers. This is BS.

Shae says before the accident Jenny B is neurotypical and she . .

Side Bar

I think She is about to be instructed to not go into Jenny's mental health or disability or whatever it is. I will say this. if Jenny is indeed neurotypical, I can see a very type A controlling, multitasking dad who tries to "mentor" his daughters, filling their days with activities and lessons for their own betterment, finding that a bit of a personal failure and perhaps having friction with that particular kid.

side bar is over - We are taking a lunch break

Shae is being admonished outside the jury presence about diagnosing Jenny. Only use your own experience of Jenny but not using medical or mental health diagnosis. Just tell us what you observed and keep the medical terminology out of it.

ETA Defense says someone was able to access that link, it is not a go pro link the actual meetup link. 1:15 in chambers meeting will take place about the link and it's contents.

I have to wonder if Jenny Bea may be the more stable daughter. Both Polly and Shae seems always on verge of tears and speak about their father as if he is dead. Just go to Shae now and she is so dramatic about absolutely NOTHING.

I have to wonder if Jenny Bea may be the more stable daughter. Both Polly and Shae seems always on verge of tears and speak about their father as if he is dead. Just go to Shae now and she is so dramatic about absolutely NOTHING.
stepford daughters with Jenny on the outs because she can't or won't play the daddy is God game? I get that feel too. Someone yesterday used the term scapegoated to describe Jenny Bea's role in the family and I can't say that feels like awrong assessment of the dynamic

I have to wonder if Jenny Bea may be the more stable daughter. Both Polly and Shae seems always on verge of tears and speak about their father as if he is dead. Just got to Shae now and she is so dramatic about absolutely NOTHING.

Welp! Mr. Owens claims they have accessed the meetup link in the “I’m famous” email. They will discuss in chambers.

Shae told to keep her medical/mental health terminology out of her testimony! It’s really troubling that both sisters are quick to go there! What’s in their medical/mental health files? Are they taking any anxiety medications? Depression? That should come out too if Jenny’s mental health history is coming out. It’s “poor ole dad” and “bad Jenny.” Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially after the emotional instability of this witness!

WS is so dang wonky today. you can't post reply you just have to refresh or wait for the dread spinning wheel for twenty minutes. I'll be back after the break, I have some afk tings going on rn

So dad was belittling granddaughter and Shae slipped up and said he was belittling “my little sister.” Of course we know Jenny says this behavior is nothing new. Freudian slip?
cries so easily about something that happened 7 yrs ago...
Shae says before the accident Jenny B is neurotypical and she . .

Side Bar

I think She is about to be instructed to not go into Jenny's mental health or disability or whatever it is. I will say this. if Jenny is indeed neurotypical, I can see a very type A controlling, multitasking dad who tries to "mentor" his daughters, filling their days with activities and lessons for their own betterment, finding that a bit of a personal failure and perhaps having friction with that particular kid.

side bar is over - We are taking a lunch break
understand this but if the sister was diagnosed and they all refer to her as "nerotypical" and have done so for years, she may not even realize that this comes across as a "diagnosis."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa