UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nearly choked when his ‘blindness’ came up and he said ‘I used the word loosely’ or something similar!!

Love how GPS lawyer cut and wrapped him………

Is it possible that at some earlier time, TS either spoke to or tried to get the attention of GP and was ignored??

if not, it was a strange exchange to look at her and say ‘I don’t like to be ignored’. IMO
I thought maybe when they collided, and she yelled at him and walked off, he took that as a slight thinking she should have done a song and dance in his honor instead.

For those who may not have seen the trial today, towards the end and after a break (where he was just demolished by the two neuro docs) TS was crossed by his own attorney, he claims outloud...in court, under oath mind you, that he said to his attorney while on break that " I guess I won't be getting on dating sites anymore".
The attempt of garnering any sympathy was just flatlined with that comment. What a jack hat. MOO
his whole demeanor smelled like a fake facade. Trying to be amusing and failing. That hand on heart motion. Just watching him up there I have to assume that GP is saying to herself this was worth the effort to put this grade A A... in his place.

I’m watching TS on the stand now, when did he have time for doctors app! He’s been to more places since 2016 then I’ll see in a life time. GW should have sued for her wasted time on this case.

Totally nuts day today. So many nuggets to mine.

But, my fave was when they were discussing the objection to CourtTV showing GP, because she was famous.
Then, the fat plaintiff lawyer says that the CourtTV camera is also showing Mr. Bueller, and he's famous.
And then Mr. Beuler says that he's related to Ferris.
Ha Ha!!! Really?? WTF is going on????

I've never seen anything like this. It's like the plaintiff lawyers have given up the goose.
Just Ka-Ching their checks and moving on... Leaving Terry in the dust.

Interesting article from USA Today- this article really sums up what this trial really is:
entertainment!!!!

Her celebrity status made this entertainment for the masses- perfect for the internet but there is a very serious side to this hot mess of a trial. A plaintiff who filed a lawsuit as a "gotcha" kind of thing because he wants to get her --for being rich and famous and a desire to share in that fame- he did get his 15 minutes, didn't he? and he is enjoying it!! My guess is that GP is not amused and would rather be anyplace but in that court room.

Last edited:
Totally nuts day today. So many nuggets to mine.

But, my fave was when they were discussing the objection to CourtTV showing GP, because she was famous.
Then, the fat plaintiff lawyer says that the CourtTV camera is also showing Mr. Bueller, and he's famous.
And then Mr. Beuler says that he's related to Ferris.
Ha Ha!!! Really?? WTF is going on????

I've never seen anything like this. It's like the plaintiff lawyers have given up the goose.
Just Ka-Ching their checks and moving on... Leaving Terry in the dust.
they are on contingency and not so sure there are any checks. In fact judging from their performance team TS may loose business thanks to this case.

they are on contingency and not so sure there are any checks. In fact judging from their performance team TS may loose business thanks to this case.
I guess the plaintiff has 5 attorneys cause they all wanted their 15 minutes on Camera and they are getting that. The large attorney gets on my one last nerve.

I’ve been meaning to ask….I don’t ski and I’m not a parent…but for those of you who are…Does any parent go skiing with their children and NOT look to see how they are doing from time to time? Is every parent on the slopes then dangerous to other skiers?

The plaintiff’s case is based on GP being so distracted glancing at her children that she barreled into TS. I think Moms are the best multitaskers ever and would feel safer on the slopes with a Mom and her children than anyone else I can think of.

I’ve been meaning to ask….I don’t ski and I’m not a parent…but for those of you who are…Does any parent go skiing with their children and NOT look to see how they are doing from time to time? Is every parent on the slopes then dangerous to other skiers?

The plaintiff’s case is based on GP being so distracted glancing at her children that she barreled into TS. I think Moms are the best multitaskers ever and would feel safer on the slopes with a Mom and her children than anyone else I can think of.
My own experience only, but I taught both my children to snowboard and they also periodically had group or private lessons depending on what they needed to learn next or my desire to teach them that day.

At no time have I ever skied quickly down a mountain while my head was swiveling around looking for my children. We moved slowly near each other on bunny hills and when they became good snowboarders, they would independently go down (usually ahead of me) and we’d meet up at the bottom of the hill and take the lift up together. Just moo.

I guess the plaintiff has 5 attorneys cause they all wanted their 15 minutes on Camera and they are getting that. The large attorney gets on my one last nerve.
Not trying to be funny here but honestly TS would have done better with Darrell Brooks as his attorney!!! Attorney Sykes is an absolute mess...spreading his germs all over. I have to think the jury is as turned off by him as I am from this distance.

I have followed this trial primarily here and with online news and don't know detailed background. Does anyone know if the plaintiff is retired military? Optometrists tend to make a small fraction of what ophthalmologists make, yet this guy seems to be quite wealthy based on his travels. My wife's stepfather was a Korean War vet and travelled extensively on military aircraft with several trips to Japan and Thailand. I wonder if this world traveler was doing something similar.

okay, I missed TS back on the stand yesterday so I am loading it to play catchup. I may post my impressions but those of you who watched it in real time are welcome to ignore my posts about the topic. Sounds like I missed a doozy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23