UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are arguing motions now and the one and only CRAIG RAMON is in front row. He may be what I would call a person with a "vested interest". I think he and TS are fast friend when they both saw $$$ and bonded.

oh my so many happy smiley not a care in the world travel photos engaged in all sorts of physical activity. To hear TS tell it in earlier testimony one would think he'd spent the years since collision locked away in his home wandering from room to room thoughts so disorganized he couldn't function. The photos don't really support that his life was ruined or permanently affected. Seems like TS has been out there living his best life, one that many of us would envy.

Totally nuts day today. So many nuggets to mine.

But, my fave was when they were discussing the objection to CourtTV showing GP, because she was famous.
Then, the fat plaintiff lawyer says that the CourtTV camera is also showing Mr. Bueller, and he's famous.
And then Mr. Beuler says that he's related to Ferris.
Ha Ha!!! Really?? WTF is going on????

I've never seen anything like this. It's like the plaintiff lawyers have given up the goose.
Just Ka-Ching their checks and moving on... Leaving Terry in the dust.

You mean the “simple country lawyer”?

Yeah him!

Why are they exposing what they are doing in closing?

Interesting TS lawyer wants to argue TS has 10 more years per average life span. Guess he is saying that this traumatic event did NOTHING to reduce his life expectency?

Yeah I’m confused - why is life span relevant?

So I heard some pundit say that GP may have had to go to trial bc of tort law in Utah that may allow him to come back for more money as he ages and symptoms continue. So if she had settled she may possibly be open to that kind of continuous liability. I don’t understand it completely but wow!

TS (in replay) is talking about the devastating effects this horrific incident has had on his volunteering. It's now far too taxing. (all that international travel might have something to do with that MOO)

TS talking about his perceptions of how drastically he has changed since the collision. He was putting on a brave face and pretending nothing was wrong.

excited utterances about long time relationship/associate (15 years) OBJECTION (was this maybe an accidental inference to the business dispute Plaintiff has worked so hard to keep that dispute out of this trial?)

Yeah I’m confused - why is life span relevant?

So I heard some pundit say that GP may have had to go to trial bc of tort law in Utah that may allow him to come back for more money as he ages and symptoms continue. So if she had settled she may possibly be open to that kind of continuous liability. I don’t understand it completely but wow!
i assume they use the 10 years for calculations of damages.

Well, I am a lone wolf in my opinion, but I do think GP rammed into TS. I cannot stand GP or her lawyers, nor can I stand anyone on TS's side except for Bueller.
I hope TS wins this case. There. I said it! (I like tomatoes!)

boy these % fault numbers....hope jury does not get confused with all of this. So often unfair verdicts can be rendered because of not understanding the verdict form or instructions. I think that could be a factor here if they go into the weeds.

Well, I am a lone wolf in my opinion, but I do think GP rammed into TS. I cannot stand GP or her lawyers, nor can I stand anyone on TS's side except for Bueller.
I hope TS wins this case. There. I said it! (I like tomatoes!)
I think here at the end GP's attorneys look more professional...of course we have closing. The country lawyer should have never been on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77