UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a mistake for this attorney to reference TS asking "how much do you think it's worth?" about his case

and yes, I've never seen an attorney complete the verdict forms as a means of "illustration" it's very odd.

It's insulting to me that they are trying to say he has cognitive issues due to the supposed injury. He doesn't present any cognitive issues to me. My mother is in middle stages of early onset Alzheimer's and while that's totally different than a brain injury I'm familiar with cognitive impairment. I'm sorry but TS does not come off to me as someone with cognitive impairment at all, what so ever.
He even said in his press conference - that he was worried he had mental health issues months after the incident. He knew and was cognizant enough to know that he felt worried about mental health issues. I was surprised how he was on the stand; TBH MOO was expecting someone who was struggling visibly much more. I’ve said it ad nauseam [sorry all] here but his reply about “he can’t go skiing anymore” being his very FIRST reply to his attorney asking him how the incident affected him. Even after 6 plus years he wasn’t ready to start with his injuries….I thought that was very telling of how bad his injuries must be. He must not think of those as being as bad as his attorneys have tried very hard to make it seem

I think it's a mistake for this attorney to reference TS asking "how much do you think it's worth?" about his case

and yes, I've never seen an attorney complete the verdict forms as a means of "illustration" it's very odd.
It's shocking, why not just say he's lying at this point? I really hope this jury does the right thing.

I just see red when this attorney describes permanent brain injury
Without one scintilla of objective evidence and lots of evidence
That he does not have any brain damage, let alone permenent
Brain damage. He insults the jury - ignore the photos of his galavanting
All over the world and having a blast!!!

defense wants to make it about TS multiple issues that day up on the hill at Deer Valley. But he was healthy enough to ski and now he doesn't ski.

(oh goody, another story. King Morgan the real king in that day. King Morgan invited 12 nobles to come over and hear a case instead of practicing an eye for an eye. So they did a good job and Morgan went back to kingly sports leaving them to act as the first "jurors". If you want to weaken America take away its jury system. Huh? pretty sure nobody has suggested that least of all GP)

I guess they’ve gone to lunch?

Looking at the State of Utah Judiciary seal on my tv.

Oh, they’re back…here comes the jury.

this bs about now he has to travel with someone is just that bs. I t is just common sense as one ages ie 70+ that is is smart to travel with someone else...not a health companion but just smart. There are some changes that many of us make as we age...nothing to do with any brain injury. This guy is blaming normal aging on this ski accident from which he recovered just fine. 1/2 the time he was traveling with his female companions before and after the accident.

defense wants to make it about TS multiple issues that day up on the hill at Deer Valley. But he was healthy enough to ski and now he doesn't ski.

(oh goody, another story. King Morgan the real king in that day. King Morgan invited 12 nobles to come over and hear a case instead of practicing an eye for an eye. So they did a good job and Morgan went back to kingly sports leaving them to act as the first "jurors". If you want to weaken America take away its jury system. Huh? pretty sure nobody has suggested that least of all GP)
and he was skiing that same year after the accident.

I love GP lawyer that is speaking right now. He's so good. And he's good looking too. Lol

GPS lawyer is adding nonsense to his closing argument.

He just said his parents were dead at TSS age!!

Irrelevant lawyer boy.

Were they killed in a car crash?

Most people survive to 80 or more these days.

The Queen of England died last year at 96. Not uncommon.

good start by the defense in closing. what did GP lose? Not just an afternoon of skiing. She was in love, first opportunity for two family's to spend together, to see if they could blend this into one family. Missed out on bonding with her now step children.

Lost it because he hit her. he hurt her. And then he asked for 3 million dollars for the pleasure. (very well prepared this closing in sharp contrast to Plaintiff's closing MOO)

You are lady justice, why blindfolded, is she blind, nope she's smart, she's not distracted by chaos of media sympathy for TS, etc. The scales of justice means a preponderance of the evidence. The daughters, his life is laid open, HE HIT HER! HE HURT HER!. easier to have written a check and been done with it. Well what does that teach her kids? That would be wrong.

My wife said don't waive the dollar so I'm not waiving the dollar. dead even tie means neither wins anything, but this is not even close. Burden of proof is theirs and that is evident because they get the last word. That's what we do when someone has a burden of proof. GP did not leave the scene of the accident without providing contact info. press conference 4 years ago king kong came out of the jungle brushed off and went away.

Spoilation, if TS destroyed evidence you can assume it is bad for them. TS owned a go pro. Shae got off the phone with the understanding that he had video. no one has the go pro, but if you find that he had a video you can conclude it was helpful to GP and wouldn't' be nice to have around.

We heard a week of testimony about his brain and how he thinks, he likes attention, he likes the spotlight. does it make you uncomfortable? makes me uncomfortable. Gibby says he has great relationship with his daughters. Gibby didn't even know the third daughter existed. because she wants nothing to do with him.

It's not about the dollar. It's about ruining a very delicate time in a relationship when they are trying to blend a family.

(Owens has a good flow here, he is knocking it out of the park MOO)

Since plaintiff did Owens is also walking through how he would like to see the verdict forms completed (this is so bizarre to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member