GUILTY UT - Hser Nar Moo, 7, Salt Lake City, 31 March 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the article said "basement apartment" which could mean that the body was found in that apartment, inside the bathroom which was between the kitchen and the living room. Make sense?

Susan

This article says she was found in the basement:

<snip>
Her body was found about 7 p.m. Tuesday in the basement of No. 472, which is located in the same complex and about 100 feet from where the victim lived.
</snip>

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8782804

I believe that the article said "basement apartment" which could mean that the body was found in that apartment, inside the bathroom which was between the kitchen and the living room. Make sense?

Susan

I'm not sure because it is what is listed (found in the basement) in the probable cause statement. I'm wondering if what they meant was downstairs. There could be an upstairs and downstairs in the units. I wonder if there is a language barrier once more between the suspect and LE..something may have got lost in the translation.
This would have no bearing on the probable cause statement, imo. LE better hope they worded it properly or they could maybe face having the warrant and what was found thrown out. (Not sure on that so maybe a legal Eagle could fill us in.) The officer obtaining that SW should know the difference between upstairs/downstairs and basements.

It might also be an issue of them using scent dogs instead of cadaver dogs. Since different dogs are used for different situations, it's possible the K9's were only looking for a live scent. I don't know a whole lot about K9 units, so this is JMO. I have also thought that perhaps the dogs did track to that apartment, and that is why the AmberAlert went out, but there may have been issues in trying to search that apartment. I have a feeling that LE knew this girl was there long before they could get to her. I am remembering how SLPD directed the Norton's to Liberty Park on the 24th of July (A Utah Holiday much like Independence Day) to "talk" to people and take Destiny's poster around. Meanwhile, they just wanted the Norton's to be kept busy as they pulled Destiny's body from the crawl space of her neighbor's home. I feel that Utah LE has learned much from past cases such as Destiny Norton, Elizabeth Smart, etc. and I am happy to see them utilizing that experience and knowledge.

I haven't heard anything about this crime being sexually motivated, but it just seems so odd that this man or these men would kill her to try to keep her from leaving. There has to be a motive for this crime.

Blink34,
You are right, things are different from when we were children, and I have known this for some time. I guess this case really drove that fact home for me, though, and made it more personal. I feel as though I am grieving not only for Hser and family, and Destiny and family, but for the freedom and innocence my own children (someday) will not get to enjoy, as I did.

I am very impressed with SLPD and their determination in this case as well as many past others. And while the world has changed since I played on those streets, much of the community has not. This case has shown me, again, why my hometown is so dear to me. I am amazed at the almost 1,000 people who took the time to get involved and try to find this poor child.

well said, I heartily agree, at the risk of "making it about me", it also angers and saddens me that I have a loved one and family that is "away from home" and I am not seeing the same sense of community. I see it as my job to get it there so IM not having a pity party, just want peace for all you know-

ETA: They used air and touch scent dogs- they are some of the most sophisticated in the country because of the terrain, I really dont LE would have made the 90&#37; sure statement in Mike's case if that wasn't the case;that would absolutely come back to them

well said, I heartily agree, at the risk of "making it about me", it also angers and saddens me that I have a loved one and family that is "away from home" and I am not seeing the same sense of community. I see it as my job to get it there so IM not having a pity party, just want peace for all you know-

ETA: They used air and touch scent dogs- they are some of the most sophisticated in the country because of the terrain, I really dont LE would have made the 90% sure statement in Mike's case if that wasn't the case;that would absolutely come back to them

I gotcha. While by no means, do I feel my personal grief over this case and others is any match for the family and friends who have lost their loved one, I actually feel that we should ALL "Make it about me". If people start feeling more connected to the victims of these crimes, they will start paying more attention, being more aware, and hopefully be better able to avoid a similar situation themselves.

I highlighted part of your above statement. Are you currently missing someone? I would love to hear your story if you want to tell, or is there a thread here about it? Forgive me if you are missing a loved one and I have neglected to pick up on this before.
In my experience, it seems as though the cases that get good media coverage tend to be solved much quicker than those without. The outcome is not always the desired one, but they are solved quickly just the same. It breaks my heart because all missing persons deserve the same respect and care.

This is such a terrible story. Such a tragic ending.

SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — A man confessed to causing the death of a missing 7-year-old girl who was found in the bathroom of an apartment in her family's complex, police said.
Esar Met, 21, was being held Wednesday on charges of aggravated murder, kidnapping and evidence tampering. Police took five people into custody on suspicion of homicide Tuesday night.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344469,00.html

RIP little angel.

Forgive me still hoping, yes, I am, here is his thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60192

I have been trying to participate objectively in other cases. I did not feel it was fair to ask others to help if I don't myself, and in short I'm a "pay it forward person." I joined WS after reading some blogs about Mike, and seeing that really missing people is an all out epidemic.

Mike's sites:
www.helpfindmike.com
www.bringmikehome.com

Any thoughts you have as you will see some familiar ws's would be great.

Forgive me still hoping, yes, I am, here is his thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60192

I have been trying to participate objectively in other cases. I did not feel it was fair to ask others to help if I don't myself, and in short I'm a "pay it forward person." I joined WS after reading some blogs about Mike, and seeing that really missing people is an all out epidemic.

Mike's sites:
www.helpfindmike.com
www.bringmikehome.com

Any thoughts you have as you will see some familiar ws's would be great.

Thanks Blink,
I have now read Mike's thread and added a suggestion for you. I don't know if it will help, but it was an idea. I will now check out the links to websites you have provided and would be happy to put on my thinking cap for you and for Mike.

You are an amazing person to take part and have heart for other cases while you are experiencing your own heartache. IMO, you should not feel obligated by any means. Many WS'ers have their own experiences that brought them here, myself included. But others do not and just want to help.

I am keeping Mike in my thoughts and asking for all those involved in his case to receive guidance to find him and bring him home safely.

Sincerely,
StillHoping

Thanks Blink,
I have now read Mike's thread and added a suggestion for you. I don't know if it will help, but it was an idea. I will now check out the links to websites you have provided and would be happy to put on my thinking cap for you and for Mike.

You are an amazing person to take part and have heart for other cases while you are experiencing your own heartache. IMO, you should not feel obligated by any means. Many WS'ers have their own experiences that brought them here, myself included. But others do not and just want to help.

I am keeping Mike in my thoughts and asking for all those involved in his case to receive guidance to find him and bring him home safely.

Sincerely,
StillHoping

Obligation was probably the wrong word, compelled maybe. I think I have started to listen to what I am supposed to do as a means to both find Mike, and others. Whether someone has been affected personally or perhaps they just are good sleuths, I am just glad they participate.
To me it's people like Mike's parents that are enduring this hell that are amazing. As angry and upset as I am about what may have happened to Mike, I am more angry and determined to never give up for them because I feel when your life is taken, and you are missing, you are robbed as well as your family of your dignity. Your death defines your life as opposed to the other way around. I feel responsible to restore that for them. I can't rest until they can shift the focus to what an amazing, accomplished, bright-futured loving son Mike has been. The thought that they would be burdened (as well as Mike) with "man missing after leaving bar drunk" forever is paralyzing. sorry about the soapbox, good to get it out.

I joined WS after reading some blogs about Mike, and seeing that really missing people is an all out epidemic.

If you haven't figured out yet, that realization can lead to an obession, for me anyways. I can't stand that there are so many missing and UID's. The purgatory that a missing person put the people closest in, is unimaginable. My heart goes out to you and Mike's family.

If you haven't figured out yet, that realization can lead to an obession, for me anyways. I can't stand that there are so many missing and UID's. The purgatory that a missing person put the people closest in, is unimaginable. My heart goes out to you and Mike's family.

LOL, yes I have, I am working on finding a balance before my husband take my laptop:eek:
Thank you for your thoughts, your and other WS ideas are great, and I will keep plugging.

I was hoping to see good news when I opened this thread this afternoon.

My heart aches for this precious child and her family.

Maybe the dog scent did lead there? I know there was no one home and they had to wait for a search warrant. They found her pretty quickly compared to some cases.

I agree.
It is possible that the dogs did lead to the apartment but they had
to wait until someone was home or get a warrant ... both took time.

Also... it's possible that her sent was everywhere in the apartment complex
being that she played there!

I'm not sure because it is what is listed (found in the basement) in the probable cause statement. I'm wondering if what they meant was downstairs. There could be an upstairs and downstairs in the units. I wonder if there is a language barrier once more between the suspect and LE..something may have got lost in the translation.

My daughter lived in a complex like this one.
It had an upstairs and downstairs.
And there was a bathroom in between the kitchen and living room.

I agree that the language barrier may be the problem.

At 1 p.m. today Hser Nay Moo's father, Cartoon Wah, addressed reporters in a short news conference to express his thanks to the community for all they did to help find his daughter.
To watch the news conference in its entirety, click the play button

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2992248

News conference:
She had been to apartment before.
Her brothers had played soccer with the suspect.
Physical altercation accrued.
Inflicted trauma.
There was a basement.
He lived in the basement.
Had only been in country for 30 days.
Stair well to the basement.
Other 4 didn't know she was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online