Found Deceased UT - Kayelyn Louder, 30, Murray, 27 September 2014

I wonder why her family and friends are so reluctant to admit that there could be some mental health problems? It's like they are insulted that it's being suggested.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because there is such a stigma attached to mental health still. They may be embarrassed by it. Also, it could be because she does not have a history of it, so it seems too far fetched for them. (Even though it is not)

I read an hour on the missing page but have found nothing to verify it.

I know, I've been reading for a while over there too. She sure does have a lot of caring friends! I hope they find her soon. :(

I saw the address earlier on the missing page and posted some pics earlier from google earth..I can't find the exact but the address on the pictures are on the page before this which is pretty much the address of the condos.

Ok don't laugh at my pictures,im not a google earth pro but this is what i got. The first picture shows the direction she looks to me to be running which is down a hill and the only way in for traffic.

View attachment 60997

The second picture if you keep following it leads to the garage as they are calling it which looks like maybe a maintenance office as there is no way out..

View attachment 60998

I wonder what building that is behind that big concrete looking rock in the first pic.

I'm a little perplexed as to why the roommate didn't get on the phone and say "Actually, we need EMS, because my roommate is clearly having some issues." Why didn't roommate call her family/friends? I think it's possible that this paranoia has been going on for a while and the roommate might have been desensitized to it.
What a lot of people don't realize is that many schizophrenics sound perfectly normal. Their coherence and tone of voice sounds just like a regular person. It's just that the content of what they say often doesn't make sense. The popular view of a "delusional" person is someone who slurs their words, or speaks way too loudly, or otherwise gives some sort of visual cue that there's something amiss. This really isn't always the case. I have a client at the shelter that used to work for CSIS (the Canadian version of CIA) and she appears totally professional, speaks in a high functioning, respectable way - and can almost convince you that she is being framed for the murder of George Bush. Never mind that GB isn't dead. According to her, there's been a lookalike for many years, and they won't tell the truth to the public until they can put someone in jail for the crime.

I wonder why her family and friends are so reluctant to admit that there could be some mental health problems? It's like they are insulted that it's being suggested.

I understand, at least I think I do, but it can be a really big step to go to a peer's family or call whatever health service on them. It may not be for the best but in my experience you don't want to cause more problems for them, especially if they are already under a lot of stress. You don't want your attempt to seek help to have unintended consequences. Concerns that I have heard include things like "I didn't want them to send an ambulance which my friend would then be billed for"; "I didn't want them to get in trouble" (when the person MAY have been under the influence of a substance they shouldn't have been); "I didn't want to cause problems in her family" (specifically because the family members lived at a distance); or "I didn't want her to feel like I ratted her out."

Just my opinion and stuff I've heard.

:cow:

I wonder why her family and friends are so reluctant to admit that there could be some mental health problems? It's like they are insulted that it's being suggested.

Maybe because there is such a stigma attached to mental health still. They may be embarrassed by it. Also, it could be because she does not have a history of it, so it seems too far fetched for them. (Even though it is not)

Plus, if she's found now, and it's been all over the web that she might have mental health issues, her job prospects would suffer. The family is just trying to protect her, understandably, especially if they have no reason to believe that she does have some kind of mental breakdown.

But we have seen it here on WS many times that families at first deny any possible mental problems but after some time admit that there were some. It's just not something they want to put out there first thing. Again, understandably. (Teleka Patrick, Leanne Bearden come to mind)

So looking at google earth, it looks like these condos are surrounded by subdivisions. Very little woods. There's also a creek that runs thru there. I hope someone one has walked the creek and checked vacant homes in the area. Maybe check homes,along the main road to see if there are more cameras.

I wonder what building that is behind that big concrete looking rock in the first pic.

According to the missing page those are the condos and if your looking at the big rock,her place is to the left of the rock...Look at all those pics on the missing page...much better pictures and people that live in there explain the layout of the condos,her car and which one she lived in.

According to the missing page those are the condos and if your looking at the big rock,her place is to the left of the rock...Look at all those pics on the missing page...much better pictures and people that live in there explain the layout of the condos,her car and which one she lived in.

Ok got it. I hadn't seen those photos posted. Thank you!

While I do feel that the 911 one calls and the fact that the roommate actually described her to her face using the words "delusional and paranoid" are clear evidence of a mental break, I see nothing in the videos that would point to that. In the video where the media says she was having a 'conversation with herself', it is clear and obvious that she is talking and gesturing to the dog. In the video of her running, it just looks like she's running, that's all I can say. She does turn around at one point to look behind her, but nothing that I think is 'eerie'. I am concerned, however, with the 911 calls.

In reference to the people saying they are surprised the roommate did not call her family, I will say that I am not surprised even though the roommate has concern. I had roommates for MANY years and none of them ever had my parent's contact info, nor did I have theirs. In fact, a few years ago I had a friend who was clearly having a mental break and acting bizarre. She would not let anyone help her, and many people were trying to get the phone number of her family (even though we were in our late 30's) because there was nothing else we could do to help her. In other words, she did not think she needed any help or anything was wrong with her. I heard that someone did in fact call her mother at one point (who stated these mental breaks had happened before and that they were aware of the issue), but I have no idea how they got her mom's number as she was from out of state. It may have been Facebook, but I'm not sure what her settings were. The only way I could have gotten her family's contact info personally would have been to break into her phone, and I just didn't have the opportunity. Sadly, I believe she is either bipolar, and/or had schizophrenia and had gone off her meds, (because this seemed very episodic) but that's beside the issue. It is not necessarily easy to contact the parents of a roommate or even a friend, unless you have a supportive group of people that have decided to put their heads together and pursue that.

I agree with the person who said it reminded them of Teleka Patrick or Leanne Bearden--the fact that the parents are in a bit of denial and don't want to discuss any mental issues. It's now out there in the media that she is perhaps "delusional and paranoid", and if she's in hiding, that may push her farther away.

If drug involvement are a possibility in her behavior, what kind of illicit drugs would make someone act this way? I'm curious. In my previous friend's case, drugs and substance abuse came about at the same time as her odd behavior, but I was not sure which caused which- the drugs or the mental disorder.

If drug involvement are a possibility in her behavior, what kind of illicit drugs would make someone act this way? I'm curious. In my previous friend's case, drugs and substance abuse came about at the same time as her odd behavior, but I was not sure which caused which- the drugs or the mental disorder.

Yes, I know a few people who developed mental disorders (late teens and mid twenties though) during a time of heavy drug use. Not just smoking pot but experimenting with psychedelics, etc. There's a lot of support out there for treating some mental illness with those types of drugs, so I can't say specifically that they started drugs then had signs of mental illness or had signs the. Self medicated. Either way it's a totally reasonable theory and doesn't shed any negative light on KL - at least in my opinion. One person felt he was successfully treated and the other had to be hospitalized. We all react differently to chemicals, even nature derived.

The full 911 call, for those who haven't heard it:

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/2538/253844/25384405.mp3

At the very end of this 911 call, I presume the police arrive and ring the doorbell which sets the little dog barking loudly. Additionally, it sounds as if the roomie in the background has no fear that there is an intruder.

Which leads me to believe that KL was hallucinating--but I'm unsure if it was due to a mental break, drugs, or a combination of both.

I have two different ways I'm looking at this:

1. The roommate is/was involved, and there WAS someone there .... and that's who harmed her.

2. She is hearing things ... from a medication or withdrawal of medication. My son is withdrawing from Paxil, and hears voices and see's things/people that aren't there. DAMN scary!

I believe though, that it was said she was not taking any medications?

The 'laugh' that they are speaking of on Facebook, sounds like it is HER who laughed, when answering the 911 operator.

Just MOO ...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck