UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
From book. NOT making this up.

"DEDICATION"
"Dedicated to my amazing husband and a wonderful father." *
At Amazon "Look inside."

"Are You With Me?" Publication date: Mar. 7, 2023. 41 pages. Paperback. $14.99.
Appears Kindle version is no longer available.

* https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BYBNCZ2...&asin=B0BYBNCZ2K&revisionId=&format=4&depth=1

ETA:
"Best Sellers Rank: #2,072 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#13 in Children's New Baby Books
#30 in Children's Parents Books
Customer Reviews: 4.1 4.1 out of 5 stars 40 ratings"

ETA #2. Publisher's blurb:
"A heartwarming and reassuring book that gently guides children through the difficult experience of losing a loved one. Written by a loving mother who personally faced this challenge, this book is designed to offer comfort and solace to young minds in a way that is both accessible and engaging.

"With vivid and colorful illustrations, "Are You With Me" follows the story of a child who has lost their father, but who is reminded that his presence still exists all around them, just like an angel watching over them. Whether it's playing at the park or simply enjoying a quiet moment at home, the child is comforted by the knowledge that their father is always by their side.

"As a book that celebrates the resilience of the human spirit, "Are You With Me" is a must-read for any child who has experienced the pain of loss, and for parents who want to provide their children with the emotional support they need to heal and grow...."
Absolutely awful , poor children and wider family.

An unattended death, then another death. Makes one wonder.
Husband dies in March 2022 and wife closes on the GRAND Home the following day. LE reports an unattended death on the property in September. Wife is arrested on May 8, 2023.

At the time of purchase, wonder if KR still believed she was the beneficiary of life insurance proceeds to finish the GRAND home?

Artist's CAD rendering uploaded to YT a year ago:

A second book was (is?) in the pipeline, along with tweaks to the first::rolleyes:
A second book, “Mom, How Far Away is Heaven?,” will be published by May. Richins said they are also working on different variations of the first book where the main character is a girl who has lost her mother and a child who has lost a sibling.

I can only find KR described as a licensed realtor.

Do you have a link for a nurse, thanks.

Apparently, she worked at a hospital as HR/administration. Somewhere, it was reported that she had access to drugs as a "nurse". So, she was not a nurse, but I wonder how they thought she had access to meds, they are locked down and counted a million ways now.

Apparently, she worked at a hospital as HR/administration. Somewhere, it was reported that she had access to drugs as a "nurse". So, she was not a nurse, but I wonder how they thought she had access to meds, they are locked down and counted a million ways now.
According to the AA, a search of the wife's electronics revealed frequent communication with CI, an acquaintance, who was a known supplier of drugs and CI rolled on the wife -- when and where he/she sold her the lethal drugs.

what's her motive? to write a book about loss for kids? Can't be. Wanted a divorce but LDS frowns on that? Mental illness, all three, what??? I want to know more. Not doubting anything, just want to know more. Why people do what they do.

Those kids should go on to write a book. They'd make a fortune because this is just nuts.

Thanks for clarifying !
I could only find a LinkedIn that seemed to be the perp.
"Kouri" is a bit of an unusual name.
Maybe pronounced "Corey" ?

About your comment ... maybe she had some 'help' ?
They need to investigate this.
It sounds from the article that a person left some pills at a house, that she was flipping in exchange for cash (the pills, not the house).
Need to check that out as well !
Maybe more arrests are looming ?

Somehow this normal-appearing woman, wife, & mother was able to get her hands on enough drugs to kill someone.
And if she was standing on a street corner , hustling in a derelict area, that would get her noticed !
Sooo... another mom ... or a boyfriend ??
This plot involves more than just Kouri.
IMO.
M00.

Unbelievable. The absolute arrogance to do something like this…
Agreed.
Sick, sick, sick.
What her children have had to suffer.
Not to mention Eric's grieving loved ones !

I fear this will damage the children the most, to have lost their dad in such a manner.
Now they'll most likely lose both parents if she is convicted.
Don't get me wrong, if she did this she needs to face the most severe punishment allowed by law; and if found guilty, the boys are better off without Kouri in their lives.
Imo.

Last edited:

Imo -- Amazon needs to pull the sales of that book.
What if the murderer uses the proceeds to fund her defense ?

A question : IF they were devout Mormons (Idk), and if the wife had gone to a bishop or church leader and said she wanted out ... would she have been told to stay with him ?

My guess is that she killed him (allegedly) because she no longer wanted to be married to him.
Regardless, it was selfish of her to deprive her children of their father; if she's responsible for his death.
And it sounds like LE had enough to arrest and charge her !

She can spin a wild tale of how he wasn't meeting all of her needs, cruel, etc., and he can't defend himself.

Also wondering what she was like in her youth ?
Spoiled ?
Enabled ?
From the looks of the photos and their home, she was well provided for. :mad:
What -- it wasn't enough for her ?
Just saying.
M00.

Rest in gentle peace, Eric !
My favorite Amazon review was for a Nancy Brophy book which was not withdrawn from sale. The review said: "Killer".

Kouri Richins was on the news promoting a children’s book on grief. Her husband had “unexpectedly died” a year before leaving their three little boys in despair.

However, she was just arrested for her husband’s murder, being accused of intentionally lacing his drink with a fatal dose of fentanyl.

She is a nurse.

She was praised as a good mom when she promoted the book.

Ugh.

Nothing in the quoted links provides KR was a nurse??
Per the AA, the wife had an acquaintance who was a known supplier of drugs.

"Also, according to the family, Eric and his wife were arguing over buying a nearly $2 million property she wanted to 'flip.' He was planning on telling her that he wasn't going to sign the papers. The day after Eric's death, his wife allegedly signed the closing papers on the home. This was the 'celebration' that his wife claimed they were celebrating, was buying the home," the warrant states.
^^rsbm

I assume she wrote the obituary. The first line looks like she’s implying Eric committed suicide! What else could she mean by “largely unexpected”?

Eric Eugene Richins made his last extravagant and largely unexpected gesture on March 4, 2022, signing off on a life, in his own words, “lived to the fullest and with few regrets.”

Given that he was going to refuse to “sign off” on the real estate purchase documents, this is so very snarky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member