UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume she wrote the obituary. The first line looks like she’s implying Eric committed suicide! What else could she mean by “largely unexpected”?

Eric Eugene Richins made his last extravagant and largely unexpected gesture on March 4, 2022, signing off on a life, in his own words, “lived to the fullest and with few regrets.”

Given that he was going to refuse to “sign off” on the real estate purchase documents, this is so very snarky!
Wow. Unbelievable.
It certainly does sound like she wanted people to think this was Eric's choice !
Smh.

I wonder why where and what her phone was doing was so important? Why did she even mention 'leaving it in their room' to check on the kids? Weird not to just say I took my phone too. If she planned on being in another room for much of the night she was likely have her phone anyway.

Hmm, a nurse, I wonder if this is her first victim?
I don't think she's a nurse. At the time of the murder, she was a realtor and she got the fentanyl per the warrant from a friend who knew a drug dealer. The warrant even said it wasn't "medical grade" fentanyl but something LE felt was produced on the street so who knows what was in it.

I wonder why where and what her phone was doing was so important? Why did she even mention 'leaving it in their room' to check on the kids? Weird not to just say I took my phone too. If she planned on being in another room for much of the night she was likely have her phone anyway.
Typical of a perp who thinks they are the smartest person in the room. And typically a guilty one.

IMO, her phone revealed loads of frequent communication with the drug supplier acquaintance she used to obtain the drugs she used to poison her husband.

Typical of a perp who thinks they are the smartest person in the room. And typically a guilty one.

IMO, her phone revealed loads of frequent communication with the drug supplier acquaintance she used to obtain the drugs she used to poison her husband.
Yup - it's both sad and kind of humorous when someone who has lived such a sheltered in relative privilege thinks they can just commit a crime and get away with it. It reminds me of the scene from Office Space when the guys are discussing what to do with the huge excess of money they accidentally took using Michael's software and he said he misplaced a decimal point and added "Why is it that dumb guys I see are so good at crime and smart guys like us are so bad at it?"

The reason is simple - someone who lives a sheltered middle-class lifestyle doesn't think like a criminal and yes, believes they are smarter than everyone else. And 100% agree - people like that are almost always guilty. I can't wait to watch the bodycam and interrogation videos of this one. Just watching the podcast and TV interviews she did for the book and how she explains Eric's death makes my skin crawl and furthers my belief this woman has no soul.

The giant bollocks she has publishing a book about the death of the person she murdered. It’s diabolical. And so astonishingly confident.
@gitana1
Yes, diabolical.

Not familiar w the publishing biz, I'm wondering about how quickly the hard copy process goes--- design, artwork, marketing plans, etc.--- after author's text gets the final editorial approval. A short book, a kids' book at that.

Still is it possible she started writing the book BEFORE husband was dead?

I did not read the warrant yet. If she made previous attempts (yes, per MSM), her digital devices may have a story of their own to tell.

Has anybody scooped the unnamed party found deceased last Sept at the "compound" the wife purchased around the time of her husband's death?

Did somebody want this party silenced?
Reading the article above your post I read it as the unattended death occurred in Sept 2019, between the old owner starting work and him losing interest by the end of 2019. They didn't buy it until January 2022, so this would be different than the one she signed on the day after his death? From my interpretation at least?

The giant bollocks she has publishing a book about the death of the person she murdered. It’s diabolical. And so astonishingly confident.
The arrogance here is unbelievable, but I guess she believed she had committed the perfect murder.

Historically, women use poison at a much higher rate than males, but men kill way more often than women (so more male poisoners). The men who do it, tend have higher than average intelligence. It’s still super rare on the whole though, in regards to other methods.

Last edited:
Reading the article above your post I read it as the unattended death occurred in Sept 2019, between the old owner starting work and him losing interest by the end of 2019. They didn't buy it until January 2022, so this would be different than the one she signed on the day after his death? From my interpretation at least?
Thank you. I only read September and mistakenly believed this was following her husband's death (March 2022).

ETA: Same MSM reports the couple purchased the property in January 2022. Not sure if this date is correct given it follows the property the couple was allegedly fighting over (whether to purchase) would be this monstrous compound. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members