UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if their words should be taken at face value at this point! Their word means diddly squat to me after reading KR's "WALK THE DOG" letter addressed to her mother. You know the one... where she told her mother exactly -- word for word -- what she and her brother and her friends should say about her during TV interviews just like this one.

I guess they were hoping enough time had passed and we'd have forgotten all about that incriminating letter "fictional novel" by now.

These newsdramas love their misdirection. They'll spend the first half of the program talking about how idyllic everything was, and then drop the hammer about halfway through the show.

I'm sure the letter will get mentioned in the full show. Likewise, I'm sure that they will also debunk the claims about Kouri's business acumen when in reality she was millions in debt.

For the first time, we're hearing from Kouri Richins' family, including her mother, amid the ongoing trial where she stands accused of killing her husband, Eric Richins, by giving him a lethal dose of fentanyl.

CBS and "48 Hours" sat down with Kouri's mom and brothers. Lisa Darden said she got a phone call from her daughter.

More at link...

Too bad they didn’t ask her family what they thought of KR laughing in the court room when the prosecutor repeated what she said about giving Eric CPR.

Utah woman's hopes of flipping mansion flop after murder charge (article here)
The circumstances surrounding Eric Richins' death are investigated in "The People v. Kouri Richins," an all-new "48 Hours" reported by contributor Natalie Morales and airing Saturday, Feb. 24, 2024, on CBS and streaming on Paramount+.

Preview here:

Reminding everyone including myself. It's on tonight.

Reminding everyone including myself. It's on tonight.

Her family would say about anything to help Kouri, but her mother is on a whole different level altogether. I laughed at certain points, especially when she tries to claim the letter is real, while her daughter is claiming it’s a work of fiction.

Her family would say about anything to help Kouri, but her mother is on a whole different level altogether. I laughed at certain points, especially when she tries to claim the letter is real, while her daughter is claiming it’s a work of fiction.
Also their claims that he was constantly looking for drugs from his mother-in-law and everyone? I don’t think so…

Yes! Like nothing will deter her that their child is not an angel! Ugh. I can see why Kouri grew up to be super entitled anyways, IMO.
When I’ve seen this dynamic in cases I’ve followed on here (they all seem to have the same damn mother), it’s a male who is the offender. Same type of thing here though.

"I was shocked," said her mother Lisa Darden, remembering when she heard the news. "She can't be arrested." Darden believed that Kouri and Eric had a great relationship, though there were sometimes bumps in the road. Ronney Darden, Kouri's brother, said that at the time of Eric's death, "They were in probably one of the best spots I've ever seen them, um, in quite some time." A year after Eric's death, Kouri wrote a children's book to help her sons cope with the loss of their father, and the family, Lisa says, was on their way to healing. Just two months later Kouri was charged in his death.

A Third District Court judge ruled Kouri Richins doesn’t have to turn over a manuscript her defense attorney took from within the Summit County jail, but she will have to give prosecutors a letter written to her by another inmate.
Disappointing …. But I’m guessing the prosecutor doesn’t need the “manuscript” anyway , since they already have the walk the dog letter… which is the real deal…. and the manuscript isn’t because it’s a fake.
Well, I say that because my guess is she hurriedly wrote her “manuscript” to cover up for her WTD letter. I can only imagine how laughable it is . That could be the reason the judge ruled as he did, because the fake manuscript is irrelevant, and the WTD letter stands alone. JMO
Now the letter from the other inmate, well… I’d really like to know what that was about. Hopefully we’ll hear some day soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592