UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

Children's author Kouri Richins hit with new charges alleging earlier attempt to kill her husband​

Tue, March 26, 2024 at 9:43 PM EDT

Just exactly the sort of person you want writing children's book.

Horrors.

Children's author Kouri Richins hit with new charges alleging earlier attempt to kill her husband​

Tue, March 26, 2024 at 9:43 PM EDT

Thanks for linking this !
I was just going to do that but you beat me to it. :)

It doesn't get much worse than this except murdering one's own children perhaps ?
Thankfully the perp isn't too bright and left a digital trail.

From the above link in quoted post :

One bite of his favorite sandwich — left with a note in the front seat of his truck on Valentine's Day — made Eric Richins, 39, break out in hives and black out, prosecutors allege in the new documents.

His wife had bought the sandwich from a local diner in the city of Kamas the same week she also purchased several dozen fentanyl pills, according to witness statements and deleted text messages that were recovered by police.

How I wish Eric would've left sooner.
Maybe he feared for the children, though ?

Imo -- it wouldn't take much for Kouri to turn her hate/greed against her own kids if she felt it could profit her.
Had she taken life ins. out on them ?

Rest in peace, Eric.
Justice is coming.
Omo.

Is Fentanyl known for making people break out into hives?

Often described as a rash with, especially, itching. It triggers a response not unlike an allergic response.

Hives are a known potential side effect of opiates.

ETA: Per this from the National Health Service (UK) skin reactions are common if a person is allergic to fentanyl. They don't mention hives specifically though.
You can overdose and pass out with one whiff, though. It’s happened to LE randomly at crime scenes and car accidents.

Often described as a rash with, especially, itching. It triggers a response not unlike an allergic response.

I would guess it’s a nerve reaction. I experience this with some painkillers. I didn’t realize it’s not an allergy. Makes the skin itch all over. If not an allergy, I would say it’s a nerve reaction caused by opioid effect on the brain.

I would guess it’s a nerve reaction. I experience this with some painkillers. I didn’t realize it’s not an allergy. Makes the skin itch all over. If not an allergy, I would say it’s a nerve reaction caused by opioid effect on the brain.
If a normal dose of an opioid, he would have been fine. Can you imagine the type of reaction your body would have to an overdose, though? I would say it would be rather common. So, Yeah, I can sure see him having hives. It’s heart breaking that he stayed with her. I know …. It was for his children. But in the end, no. Sad, sad, sad. Hard to believe she got the upper hand.
She was trying hard and long, wasn’t she.
That’s hard for me to comprehend, how anyone could be that evil.

If a normal dose of an opioid, he would have been fine. Can you imagine the type of reaction your body would have to an overdose, though? I would say it would be rather common. So, Yeah, I can sure see him having hives. It’s heart breaking that he stayed with her. I know …. It was for his children. But in the end, no. Sad, sad, sad. Hard to believe she got the upper hand.
She was trying hard and long, wasn’t she.
That’s hard for me to comprehend, how anyone could be that evil.
We were discussing whether opioids could result in symptoms like an allergy, and from my own experience, the answer is yes. From a standard dose in a hospital setting. So, yes, there can be a reaction that resembles an allergy, as I mentioned. And no overdose is required to elicit that reaction.

Do I believe Eric was given a standard dose in the Valentine’s Day event? No. And the chain of witnesses involved in the purchase for that event supports this conclusion.

Note: LE have been passing out and overdosing to the degree they need Narcan with even a mere whiff of fentanyl, e.g. when searching cars they’ve pulled over. So, it’s not like a minute amount can’t elicit a major reaction.

In a given dose of fentanyl, it’s hard to know what's in it. That’s why there’s such a high risk of reaction.

Last edited:

4/1/24

• Utah State Representative Brett Garner proposed a new law that would that would ban convicted murderers from receiving money through a prenup
Garner said he and Eric were classmates...

4/1/24

• Utah State Representative Brett Garner proposed a new law that would that would ban convicted murderers from receiving money through a prenup
Garner said he and Eric were classmates...
Good, I hope it passes.

That photo showing her and her attorney in the courtroom, where KR is wearing the blue shirt is so strange. Why is she standing leaning back and rigid, like she just had a seizure or something? Weird!

Good, I hope it passes.

That photo showing her and her attorney in the courtroom, where KR is wearing the blue shirt is so strange. Why is she standing leaning back and rigid, like she just had a seizure or something? Weird!
It looks like she might be stressed and trying to take a deep breath by tilting her head back - expand her lungs to calm her breathing??

That there might be a connection to her mother's similar incident, with overdose and recent-beneficiary, is quite something. Like mother, like daughter, where daughter is instructing mother on what others should say about her dead husband.

Book deal? Did she have a deal with a publisher to produce more dead husband books, or to tell the story of children recovering from losing one parent to murder, and the other accused of his murder?

It looks like she might be stressed and trying to take a deep breath by tilting her head back - expand her lungs to calm her breathing??

That there might be a connection to her mother's similar incident, with overdose and recent-beneficiary, is quite something. Like mother, like daughter, where daughter is instructing mother on what others should say about her dead husband.

Book deal? Did she have a deal with a publisher to produce more dead husband books, or to tell the story of children recovering from losing one parent to murder, and the other accused of his murder?
Her whole upper body is leaning back though…. but I’m sure you’re right that she is stressed.

Her whole upper body is leaning back though…. but I’m sure you’re right that she is stressed.
It looks like she's been hyperventilating a bit and needs to get a deep breath to calm down. She looks rigid, pale, almost gaunt.

What did she think? No one questioned when her mother's female lover died of unlikely drug overdose (after recent beneficiary change), so Richins thought that no one would notice if her hard working husband dropped dead from a drug overdose while she had secret insurance policies?

Good, I hope it passes.

How would she be able to keep any funds while in prison? Surely the book isn’t still being sold?

I think she has looked weird like that throughout. Pasty, anemic and zombie like. Her acne looks like it’s flared up. Maybe she is being advised not to improve her appearance?

How would she be able to keep any funds while in prison? Surely the book isn’t still being sold?

I think she has looked weird like that throughout. Pasty, anemic and zombie like. Her acne looks like it’s flared up. Maybe she is being advised not to improve her appearance?
I know what you’re saying, one thing for sure…. she’s definitely not the person that Eric thought he was marrying. I feel so bad for those children.

Good, I hope it passes.

That photo was not long after her arrest. IIRC there was an open mike right after in which she said she couldn’t last another minute in jail. Skye basically told her to suck it up. So, I think the photo was her in exasperation, petulant, mode.

Maybe she had been on meth and was withdrawing. That would make for skin picking.

I wonder what she looks like now ….

Calls, texts with 'paramour' to be focus of Kouri Richins' hearing. Prosecutors said they expect to introduce transcripts from previous hearings, jail phone calls and police interviews at the hearing.
Calls, texts with 'paramour' to be focus of Kouri Richins' hearing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back