UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

I came across this article from December 2021. Macin Smith's uncle shares new insights into nephew's disappearance, offers hope for others.

The article quotes part of Macin's uncle's facebook post from Dec. 2021:

"Macin suffered from depression, he had tried to commit suicide when he was 15, and was hospitalized, during this time. Macin felt he was different, and felt he did not fit in. I have read the note he left, and it is heartbreaking. I have always felt Macin committed suicide, but I have always wanted answers, and if that is what happened, a proper resting place for him, and the peace of knowing."

The facebook post is much longer and is quite beautiful in encouraging those who are suffering to know they are loved and can seek help. It can be read in the article linked above, but the paragraph above seems most relevant to the discussion here of what happened to Macin.

I think that if he had committed suicide, the body would have been found by now. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Macin had at least one suicide attempt in the past that we know of. We do not know the contents of the note he wrote only that he took no belongings with him when he left. Perhaps his depression and problems with his family made him decide to not ever be found when he did what he felt like he had to do. I wish Macin was alive and living his best life. I doubt very seriously that he is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back