Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, do you think her parents didn't tell her a million times not to meet with "strangers" alone at night? Meet any online dates during the day in public places? Tell a friend where you're going? Don't go out with older men? Don't be alone with someone in a car you don't know well? Don't go out after midnight? We tell our kids these things over and over and yet they still make questionable decisions because that's what young people do. I don't even want to know what my boys have done at college. I specifically remember my younger son going to Mexico for spring break. I told him not to leave the resort under any circumstances. He assured me he wouldn't and told me he didn't. And then I'm at dinner with him and his buddy and they're talking about going to some ATM in town there and someone getting ripped off. So, in fact, he DID leave the resort, he DID go into town, he DID have some issue where someone tried to steal his friend's wallet. I never heard about any of this at the time. We tell our kids this stuff all the time - they don't listen. They think they know better. They feel indestructible.
I don't think anyone is saying her parents did not do any of those things.

I think the chief was just pointing out that sometimes tragedies like this give us an opportunity to have these types of discussions with our children. He did not intend to put any blame on the parents. Imo

This has been the story of his life...two steps forward--three steps backwards. He never has had a basic sense of common sense...he was in the end attempting to be a successful organized predator without the intellectual ability or the capability to learn from his previous disgusting mistakes and blunders...
Agreed. Fantasies never match reality, but his weren’t even close.

Parts of this were organized, but his brainpower got in the way.

Or the lack thereof.

It was clearly stated as a lead. I think they would have said if a hiker etc found Kenzie imo
Maybe someone saw him doing something suspicious that day.
I would think it would have been hard for him not to be seen somewhere in the area. He must have put her body in some type of bag or container.
I don't know what access to the canyon is like. Could he have pulled over on the road and dumped her body, or would he have had to walk a distance?

IF he dismembered her, there would have been blood everywhere. So, here's what I think:
He killed her with no blood. Then took her to Logan Canyon, or a THIRD location to dismember her. From there, into a body bag or heavy plastic wrap. Taped up with duct tape, for example. Lined the trunk with plastic sheathing. Put the pieces in the trunk. Disposed of the trunk plastic somewhere along the return trip, or burned in yard.
I like the third location idea. However, I doubt he put her back into the car. There would be so much blood, he would not have risked putting her bloody body, or pieces of it, into his car, whether wrapped up or not. But who knows? LE didn't say much about the location, or what other evidence was found there.
IMO.

Exactly. That’s why I’m wondering. If dismemberment occurred inside, there would very likely be evidence of this. If BFT to the head or stabbing occurred there would likely be evidence of this. If he shot her, there would likely be evidence of this. If COD was strangulation there may not be evidence of this.

Again I have also wondered about the transference of charred material from the outside to the inside via shoes, tools or some other form, moo.

I had to skip quite a few pages so I’m sorry if someone already mentioned.

I think it’s possible the tissue they found may not have been burned. I had a friend whose son committed suicide with a gun. I don’t want to be graphic, but the room had to be cleaned because tissue was everywhere. I think it’s possible he discarded something that had tissue on it.

But...based on the horrible smell the neighbors mentioned, I’m leaning towards he tried to burn her, realized how hard it was and moved her body

My guess, without looking at county assessor records, is that WP is listing an old address.

It says "current addresses", and i could swear it was not there when i searched his name. But since i'm in Europe and sometimes i get a message saying "this is not available in your region" (which is not the case), is there a chance that WP is showing the wrong info?

I had to skip quite a few pages so I’m sorry if someone already mentioned.

I think it’s possible the tissue they found may not have been burned. I had a friend whose son committed suicide with a gun. I don’t want to be graphic, but the room had to be cleaned because tissue was everywhere. I think it’s possible he discarded something that had tissue on it.

But...based on the horrible smell the neighbors mentioned, I’m leaning towards he tried to burn her, realized how hard it was and moved her body
Whatever they may have found at AA’s property , it was enough evidence for LE to state that Kenzie was deceased.

Last edited:
Exactly - he didn't have to go through the canyon to get to USU and if he had been there before, it was in a casual manner and not to scout out body disposal places (which, I believe he did not do, or he wouldn't have burned in the backyard).

It's possible he had been there in a casual manner (my point is that he know OF the area, but did not know the area well, or he'd have known to find a better place to dump the remains).

This happens all the time in murders. A better location could be found, but instead, the perp goes to the first (and often only) place he can think of, to dispose of a body. He was probably thinking, "Oh, I know a mountain road!" and instead of choosing the one closer to his house, he drove to the only one he knew. I believe he was completely panicked at that point, since he obviously thought the fires would be sufficient.

While he was fantasizing about brutal sex crimes and wanted a room with hooks, his fantasies did not take him into the true realm of criminality where he researched local places for body disposal (and there are many). A gully with tall trees works much better - even vultures have a hard time finding bodies there. Side road near a main recreation area, not so much.

Logan Canyon is listed the second highest rated tourist attraction in Logan on Trip Advisor. He lived in Logan for years while attending Utah State University, so I would think he's undoubtedly spent time in the canyon, much like someone living in LA going to the beach. These are major points of recreation for those living in the mountains. Hiking, biking, climbing, fishing, BBQs, scenic drives, etc.

There are dozens of other canyons much closer, but you have to know where they are located. He likely just went to his places of familiarity, just like the pick up point. Or was trying to get the body as far away as he felt comfortable driving with a corpse. Who knows.

IF he dismembered her, there would have been blood everywhere. So, here's what I think:
He killed her with no blood. Then took her to Logan Canyon, or a THIRD location to dismember her. From there, into a body bag or heavy plastic wrap. Taped up with duct tape, for example. Lined the trunk with plastic sheathing. Put the pieces in the trunk. Disposed of the trunk plastic somewhere along the return trip, or burned in yard.
I like the third location idea. However, I doubt he put her back into the car. There would be so much blood, he would not have risked putting her bloody body, or pieces of it, into his car, whether wrapped up or not. But who knows? LE didn't say much about the location, or what other evidence was found there.
IMO.
Well, if he dismembered parts of her body after she was dead there would not be much blood. Imo

Exactly. That’s why I’m wondering. If dismemberment occurred inside, there would very likely be evidence of this. If BFT to the head or stabbing occurred there would likely be evidence of this. If he shot her, there would likely be evidence of this. If COD was strangulation there may not be evidence of this.

Again I have also wondered about the transference of charred material from the outside to the inside via shoes, tools or some other form, moo.
I gotcha. I'm not leaning toward dismemberment (yet) just based on the timing of the fires although I'd be curious to know what type of tools he had. I don't want to gross anybody out so that's all I will say... :oops: MOO

Forgive me if this was spoken of before. What was his timeline at work, do we know if he missed a significant amount of time/days? I'm thinking he had a fairly routine work schedule if he was keeping up his house/car payments, right?

He said they were able to work on leads from DA/Homicide etc and were able to find her

I think that’s exactly what it was....through their investigation they developed information that led them there and to her body. I doubt AA helped in anyway. Usually it seems if a suspect leads LE to a body they are given credit for it so everybody knows the bad guy did at least something half nice.
I thought maybe someone helped AA dispose of the body and maybe they led police there for a reduced sentence or out of conscience. That still may be true but I think LE would have announced their arrest at the PC even if they had made a deal with them.

I agree....though I know there was at least one WS wondering why he would burn on a body on his suburban property when he could just dump a body in the canyon. The discussion didn't go far, IIRC, but I do recall that comment here at least once.

Smart WSers.

jmo
I recall that as well.

I’m confused about this foster business stuff and trying to catch up. Whatever it is, if indeed correct and significant, it gives me somewhat of a Jesse Lee Matthew vibe. He worked with the elderly. I have no idea where that angle is going, but just wanted to note the “JLM vibe”, again, fwiw. There is something about that...idk, moo.

Well, if he dismembered parts of her body after she was dead there would not be much blood. Imo

Where would the blood have gone? Are you thinking congealed? I've watched autopsies on media, performed way after the death occurred, and have seen the team using a turkey baster to suck blood out of various cavities in the body. They collect it, weigh it and then I don't know what they do with it.

I agree....though I know there was at least one WS wondering why he would burn on a body on his suburban property when he could just dump a body in the canyon. The discussion didn't go far, IIRC, but I do recall that comment here at least once.

Smart WSers.

jmo

Yes, I referenced this quote a few times. I’ll see if I can find it.

ETA: Here’s one reference by @BelieveinUFO , I’m not sure yet if this is the one I’m thinking of:

“Nobody will be a fool to burn a body in a heavily populated neighborhood. Utah has lots of mountains to discard anything.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member