Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but if there were others and they were chosen or he got lucky that no one would be looking for them....or other lesser though serious crimes.

Yep very well could be

I just feel like things were escalating

Neighbors noticed he wasn’t keeping up with his lawn like he once had

The request of the sound proof room etc

I just get the feeling he was working his way up to murder

With that said, I also would not be surprised if he had killed before under the right circumstances.

Currently I don’t believe he has, but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he has either

He certainly has shown he was capable of it

Last edited:
It could be a combination of things. They described it as "other charred material" that was found was consistent with human tissue so we really don't know the quantity of what was found.
It must have been a significant amount because initial reports claimed that LE believed he burned her body in his back yard. Imo
As much as I hate pointing this out, there may have also been tissue that belonged to someone other than Kenzie. They may be investigating more than one crime before the arraignment. moo

This case has the potential for “salacious details,” but I’m not as worried as I usually am.

The purpose of trashing the victim here, would be to point the finger at someone else.

This guy can’t really do that, for several reasons:

His lies to LE.

His cell phone being at the park at the same time as Kenzie’s.

Those two fires.

Her burned tissue and belongings being found on his property.

And all the other evidence that we don’t know about.

Not only do I not think there will be a trial, but I think he may have already struck some sort of a deal.

I think he led them to her body.
I think he must have revealed what he did with the body. LE was very vague about how they came to find her remains. We heard nothing about possibly finding a body until two days later at the PC, which is very unusual.
At the PR they mentioned how important the presumption of innocence is, and that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty.
Maybe they always say that, but it sounds to me that the defense lawyer set some very specific conditions, at least one being not to reveal how they found the body. Imo

I am starting to wonder what LE was up to before they could get warrants or if they even received some more general warrants before we knew. While we thought they seemed unconcerned and that they almost acted like they thought she may have went off on her own, or considered it a possibility at least, if immediately or within a day or two they even did some preliminary looking into things, what could they have found out without warrants?

Went to the airport, maybe accessed video, perhaps could have then informally talked to the Lyft driver and just found out generally which drivers were on that night or saw that on video, determined the destination of Hatch Park. The driver could have given them a bit more info of course than we know. The friend who warned her could have went to LE and said hey, it is this guy who would have done something and who she would have met and this is why I think this. Friends may have shared more with LE than we know, including about AA. They could have put together much ahead of time and even canvassed neighbors (no warrant needed) or talked to NSLC PD about any complaints (fire?). All of this could be why possibly it seemed to change in an instant from LE seeming somewhat unconcerned to seeming to know something was wrong, they were on it immediately when warrants came, it was so quick and they seemed to have some pretty broad search warrant rights at his home, with his car, etc.

I think back to one article that said something to the effect of advising the public not to think it is her if you see activity in her SM accounts, it is her friends, etc. accessing it and this was well before the much debated Instagram thing. There were also statements she had not accessed her bank account before we ever heard of any warrants granted.

Just thinking this could be a possibility that investigation was going on almost from the start and if so, kudos to them. There are legal ways and avenues to pursue an investigation without warrants and I am thinking they may well have been utilized.

Just thoughts and jmo.

I’ve been thinking along the same lines. (I think they were ‘unconcerned like a fox.’) One thing they could do—talk to every friend & family member, and ask each of them to list all the friends and acquaintances they can think of. Anyone new, talk to them, and get the list of names—or even not names, just descriptions. Ask them all if they knew of any apps she used.

You do this, and you’d get a feel for who she knew, and what other people knew about her. As they talk with guys who dated her in the past, or any who were ‘just friends,’ LE could have been studying them—when did you see her last? When did you talk with her last? Text with her last?

As they studied the airport video, they could have spotted significant things. Let’s say she’s involved with her phone, texting, for a lot longer than it takes to set up a Lyft ride. But, let’s say that none of her known friends say they were chatting with her then. Then there’s a question mark that LE knows they can answer, once they get that warrant.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the Lyft driver gave them more information than they let on.

And then the warrants show up—and everything points to this one guy, who starts off by lying to them!

As much as I hate pointing this out, there may have also been tissue that belonged to someone other than Kenzie. They may be investigating more than one crime before the arraignment. moo
It could be, but I would think they would have kept digging after that. They probably would have dug up the whole property if they had reason to believe there were others there. Imo

I think LE has made it pretty clear they identified him because he was the last person to text her. LE didnt have her phone so they would have gotten that information from the phone company. The phone company wouldn't be able to tell what apps were on her phone or who she communicated to through an app.

And ... from being on the same dating apps as ML, it takes a while before someone will give their real number.

I think this is the best summary of the case I've seen so far:

New information released in murder, kidnapping of University of Utah student; digital clues lead to suspect's capture | Gephardt Daily

It specifically states it was phone records (ML's) that led to AA, not an app. Discusses the tissue (charred) found in the area where her personal items were burned. Gives the date of her missed exam (the 20th). Tells the low low price of his AirBnB ($27/night).

It goes to explore the kinds of things you all have been sleuthing here (his LinkedIn, pompous bios, etc).

Anyway, for those of you trying to catch up, it's a good read.

I think LE has made it pretty clear they identified him because he was the last person to text her. LE didnt have her phone so they would have gotten that information from the phone company. The phone company wouldn't be able to tell what apps were on her phone or who she communicated to through an app.

And ... from being on the same dating apps as ML, it takes a while before someone will give their real number.

It might well have been ‘regular texting’—but they could have served all the app companies with warrants. And an App Store warrant might have shown them the various apps she’d downloaded. Do that, and then serve a warrant to every place that offered a possibility of communication with someone else.

It might well have been ‘regular texting’—but they could have served all the app companies with warrants. And an App Store warrant might have shown them the various apps she’d downloaded. Do that, and then serve a warrant to every place that offered a possibility of communication with someone else.

I'm sure they're digging into that but its not the immediate way to find him. I dont think they have her phone. For example, the app store may show she had Tinder but does Tinder have it's own records of messages or does it sit on her phone. What if he unmatched her after the fact. What happens then to the proof? I dont know the answers but Tinder likely doesn't keep all this ...otherwise they'd constantly be dealing with subpoenas in divorces.

3 am at Hatch Park doesn’t seem quite as noteworthy/mysterious to me once I saw an aerial photo.The park's not at all in an isolated area as I assumed from the tone of the discussions.
imo

*With thanks to amanda reckonwith for the MacKenzie Lueck photo bucket archive.

Hatch Park parking lot is literally 1500 feet from the North SLCPD police station.

I'm sure they're digging into that but its not the immediate way to find him. I dont think they have her phone. For example, the app store may show she had Tinder but does Tinder have it's own records of messages or does it sit on her phone. What if he unmatched her after the fact. What happens then to the proof? I dont know the answers but Tinder likely doesn't keep all this ...otherwise they'd constantly be dealing with subpoenas in divorces.

According to this Tech Article it sounds like Apps like tinder store more information than most people realize

I asked Tinder for my data. It sent me 800 pages of my deepest, darkest secrets

She may or may not have had regular cloud backups for her phone that could be accessed elsewhere like on her computer. We do know from MSM that Tinder does keep records that can be accessed (I asked Tinder for my data. It sent me 800 pages of my deepest, darkest secrets).

The V-Tech Sociopath and Sociopath in Training (Eisenhauer and Keepers) were helped to prison by KIK.

ETA: Just saw the above post. Great minds search alike!

Oh, I totally agree. I’ve gotten lax about carrying it very often. I live in an area full of drugs, primarily heroin and meth. I’ve always heard tasers aren’t always 100%. I have severe PTSD, so it’s helped me with that. I’m extremely hyper aware of every tiny thing. I would gladly be rid of PTSD, but at least it keeps me super observant.

Heartbreaking way to live, yes. Stay aware- being super observant is key- sorry you have PTSD, sorry you are hyper aware of every tiny thing, sorry you live in a world like this, and a world where we have to remain mindful and self protective of the possibility of interfacing with an AA type- if there was anything I could do to change that for you, women, young girls I would sell my soul- it’s a horrible way to have to live and it’s the new normal, widespread violence/atrocities, I only see it escalating - hugs my dear...

I’ve been thinking along the same lines. (I think they were ‘unconcerned like a fox.’) One thing they could do—talk to every friend & family member, and ask each of them to list all the friends and acquaintances they can think of. Anyone new, talk to them, and get the list of names—or even not names, just descriptions. Ask them all if they knew of any apps she used.

You do this, and you’d get a feel for who she knew, and what other people knew about her. As they talk with guys who dated her in the past, or any who were ‘just friends,’ LE could have been studying them—when did you see her last? When did you talk with her last? Text with her last?

As they studied the airport video, they could have spotted significant things. Let’s say she’s involved with her phone, texting, for a lot longer than it takes to set up a Lyft ride. But, let’s say that none of her known friends say they were chatting with her then. Then there’s a question mark that LE knows they can answer, once they get that warrant.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the Lyft driver gave them more information than they let on.

And then the warrants show up—and everything points to this one guy, who starts off by lying to them!

Very well put and you give even more reasons and ways they may have found out much before the warrants. It went really fast it just seems like once those warrants came, they perhaps may have had a good head start or some inklings prior to receiving them. I think things point to it. It also likely helped to not alert any possible perp to do it that way, he is sitting there thinking he is home free, they are unconcerned, he got away with it, they simply think she took off on her own. If this is the case, again, I give major kudos.

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member