Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO she wouldn't go to this guy for Adderall. If she wanted one I'm sure she would've been able to get one from a close friend easily. Adderall is everywhere now a days, very easy to get without having to meet some weirdo at 3 am at a park.
All JMO

Can you say more about what you mean by "a drug person"? I only know what my students tell me. Many go for ritalin (which isn't really "performance-enhancing, but they think it is) when they are working, going to school and exam time comes around. People did amphetamine salts (available by prescription in the 70's) when I was at uni. These people went on to become doctors, nurses, lawyers and chiefs.

Drug person= MOO someone peers would describe that way, as "into drugs" or a "party person."

I thought her exam was the next day, but several people pointed out that it was actually on Wednesday. At the same time, I know that college students frequently seek out ritalin or similar before exams. The amount of travel she was scheduled to do over a 10 day period was a lot. Summer courses are usually short and intense.

This park was in the opposite direction (from the airport) to her house. They left so quickly (a minute or less) toward his house.

It was confirmed here that ML was expected at work on Weds, and missed exam on Thurs 6/20. After these unusual events, and no contact, her father reported her missing with SLC police on 6/20.

I believe exam on Monday (when ML arrived SLC) was speculation only.

Also, it still took a couple days for SLC pd to issue warrants for ML data because she was adult, and no evidence she was missing involuntarily.

I believe missing work, exam, and booked flight Sunday for wedding was sufficient probable cause for LE to move on missing person investigation — even though still no evidence ML had been harmed.

LE did remarkable job, once given the go ahead to investigate her as missing person.
The rapid progress and charges against suspect commendable.

MOO

No, it's not in the same direction - so it adds 12 minutes out and back for a total of 24 minutes - paying a Lyft to take you in the opposite direction of your apartment, after a 4-6 hour experience in airports, does not save time. Why not just have the Lyft driver take you home? Or have AA pick her up? What's the explanation for that?

He lived in what locals have described here as a more undesirable part of SLC, not near the UoU where she lived. Plot the points on a map and you'll see that it was a 24 minute detour for her, not 12. She could easily have just gone home for the same money, with a Lyft. So she decided to go out of her way to Hatch Park.

Again, put UoU, Hatch Park and SLC on a map and you'll see that it was a detour to the north. I think it would have added about half an hour, really, to her commute from the airport.

Off topic of timelines, and more about painting a picture of the neighborhood.

I would say the Fairpark/Rose park area is becoming desirable, as it's among the last affordable areas in SLC. Real estate people are all calling it the "up and coming" neighborhood. It's estimated that about 70% of school kids right now are Hispanic. But it's being slowly gentrified. It's very close to downtown, on the train line to the airport and has affordable prices.

I lived in NYC and it reminds me of what happened to Williamsburg Brooklyn in the late 90's early 2000's. Older area with lower prices. Large ethnic communities. One subway stop to the East Village. That's where the artists, musicians, and poor college kids went as they were priced out of Manhattan but didn't want the longer commute from Jersey or Long Island. Two decades later, it's one of the most expensive areas in the city.

If you're looking for investment in SLC, this is a place you will buy low and sell high.

Last edited:
IMO she wouldn't go to this guy for Adderall. If she wanted one I'm sure she would've been able to get one from a close friend easily. Adderall is everywhere now a days, very easy to get without having to meet some weirdo at 3 am at a park.
All JMO

Police will probably know from texts what the reason was. I can just speculate
from her behavior. MOO not a date, as far as we know he isn't her boyfriend, that leaves other reasons.
3AM after a flight extremely unlikely to be a Tinder date to me.
So I am speculating she needed to hit the books starting the following morning and wanted some performance enhancing.

All JMO

Absolutely.

I knew several people in college whose parents used to force them to continue receiving their prescriptions.

They didn’t want to take them, so they’d turn around and either give them away, or sell them.

It’s not hard at all to obtain on campus, and the wider your circle, the easier it is to obtain.

Absolutely.

I knew several people in college whose parents used to force them to continue receiving their prescriptions.

They didn’t want to take them, so they’d turn around and either give them away, or sell them.

It’s not hard at all to obtain on campus, and the wider your circle, the easier it is to obtain.
I have never done drugs, but even back in the '60 you could always get a 'diet' pill or two on campus to help you stay awake and study....

Both my sons who graduated from college said Adderall is very popular among college students at test time since it’s so easy to get even students who are not drug addicts will take this when tests are coming up because they can go without sleep to study hard. It keeps them awake.

BBM. True. This stuff is sold in junior high and has been for probably getting close to two to three decades now (at minimum)--well add Ritalin and pain killers (another subject entirely) to that. I don't think in that case though it is probably being used to study because of an overload of classes and exams in junior high, although there are some highly competitive junior highs but still, hearing it from kids that age, it was not bought to study. In college, sure.

This is jmo but I doubt one would have to go out of their way to get some in any school situation whether college or even younger. As you said yourself including the part I bolded, it is easy and common. Always watch your Adderall supply if your kid or anyone in your family has it... It is some quick bucks to sell it at school. As well as pain killers and other things... And yes, then there are actually low level dealers... Probably a dime a dozen...

So why would she go to an out of the way park to AA for this? Again, not arguing--just asking because again, it is allegedly so very common. So in this case she trusted him and released her Lyft because he was her Adderall dealer? I don't get that either... It could be the case I suppose though I guess... So she had an exam coming up which I guess can lend to that thought... She also recently lost a lot of weight, that can lend to some drug thoughts too if others look at the bits we know and go there...

There is no evidence she used anything. She was said even with drinking to socially have one or two at most. We do not know what is true.

One last point I will make with regard to this subject is with a prescription (many know how to get them) and even without one, it is not hard to take Adderall with you on a plane or a few pills. One is not going to be arrested most likely even if found without a prescription, imo... At worst it will perhaps get thrown out if they even find it or look hard prior to a very short domestic flight...?

I truly am not trying to be sarcastic, I just don't buy this theory. Yet I do agree it is possible. Most theories on here are possible and none of us know which one may be closest to correct.

All are food for thought...

Jmo.

Hi Everyone,

The woman who has come forward to tell her story about A.A. raping her has agreed to take questions.

Please understand that she is fragile and is trying her best.

If anyone is harsh or judgemental in any way not only will my head explode but you will be removed from Websleuths.

Thank you in advance for being polite and thoughtful when you post your questions.

Take Care,
Tricia
Okay Mama Tricia, I have consolidated the questions our members have asked of the survivor. Please note that while many heartfelt messages have been shared with her here, I am including only the posts and/or portions of posts that contain actual questions. Otherwise, this list would take up an entire page. Thanks for doing this for us and I hope this makes it easier for you. :)

@Lillymac, post #17
I'd like to know what his level of expertise was in the IT field. There's been a lot of discussion about that because it seems he was so careless with his digital footprint. Thanks for sharing your first hand knowledge of AA. Welcome.

@diggndeeperstill, post #47
@Tricia—I hope it is ok to ask one question that I think would be helpful to know. Is this a different survivor than what we have heard about in the news already?

@MsBetsy, post #60
I would be interested to know what his attitude was towards her afterwards. The woman from the article said when she sent him a text telling him to leave her alone he sent back a rude message.

I'm wondering if he came across as intimidating, threatening, or if she would perceive him to have a quick temper, or a tendency to lose control and act violently in a rage.

@wary, post #120
I don’t know if she wants to answer this, and of course she doesn’t have to. Is she the woman we’ve already heard about in MSM? So—just to be sure, are we looking at two rape accusations or one?

@ZZbball22, post #122
The first thing I'd like to ask is what, if any, kind of deception did he use?
I am wondering if a weapon was involved?
Also I am wondering what his behavior towards you was after this happened?

@PixieStix, post #127
I am curious if you could give us a little deeper glimpse into how AA presented himself. Was he sweet and shy, or did he come across as confident and charming? Was he quiet or a more prominent personality? There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between how he appeared online more confident and how people describe him in person (shy and nice.) Would he be someone you would ever describe as being slightly awkward at times? What kind of relationship did you see him have with others, and did you ever see him get upset or angry?

(All post #'s refer to thread #18)

Police will probably know from texts what the reason was. I can just speculate
from her behavior. MOO not a date, as far as we know he isn't her boyfriend, that leaves other reasons.
3AM after a flight extremely unlikely to be a Tinder date to me.
So I am speculating she needed to hit the books starting the following morning and wanted some performance enhancing.
Perhaps they had been texting back and forth big deal and she just thought of him as an online friend someone to talk to but was not interested in him sexually or physically and he knew that and wouldn’t accept it and perhaps used the ruse to meet and talk to trap her into something more.

Why do people think just because a woman text a man naturally means she wants to be with him. She could have thought of him as a friend and underneath his fake exterior he wanted more and was going to have her whether she wanted him or not.

I can confirm that there are many students (some within the greek system) who Kenzie also knew, who did sell Adderall and others. In the greek system, it is common to be friends with people who sell them. This doesn't mean you're buying from them however. I am posting this to say if this is what she was interested in (not at all saying that is the case), she could have bought from a variety of people in the greek/uni circles that she personally actually knew.

I want to emphasize to those who might be jumping in later on in this case: The drug link is pure speculation at this point. There is no verified information anywhere saying she was even into drugs.

As her friend and from what I know, I am pretty confident in my thoughts that she was not meeting up with this person for drugs.

Okay Mama Tricia, I have consolidated the questions our members have asked of the survivor. Please note that while many heartfelt messages have been shared with her here, I am including only the posts and/or portions of posts that contain actual questions. Otherwise, this list would take up an entire page. Thanks for doing this for us and I hope this makes it easier for you. :)

@Lillymac, post #17
I'd like to know what his level of expertise was in the IT field. There's been a lot of discussion about that because it seems he was so careless with his digital footprint. Thanks for sharing your first hand knowledge of AA. Welcome.

@diggndeeperstill, post #47
@Tricia—I hope it is ok to ask one question that I think would be helpful to know. Is this a different survivor than what we have heard about in the news already?

@MsBetsy, post #60
I would be interested to know what his attitude was towards her afterwards. The woman from the article said when she sent him a text telling him to leave her alone he sent back a rude message.

I'm wondering if he came across as intimidating, threatening, or if she would perceive him to have a quick temper, or a tendency to lose control and act violently in a rage.

@wary, post #120
I don’t know if she wants to answer this, and of course she doesn’t have to. Is she the woman we’ve already heard about in MSM? So—just to be sure, are we looking at two rape accusations or one?

@ZZbball22, post #122
The first thing I'd like to ask is what, if any, kind of deception did he use?
I am wondering if a weapon was involved?
Also I am wondering what his behavior towards you was after this happened?

@PixieStix, post #127
I am curious if you could give us a little deeper glimpse into how AA presented himself. Was he sweet and shy, or did he come across as confident and charming? Was he quiet or a more prominent personality? There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between how he appeared online more confident and how people describe him in person (shy and nice.) Would he be someone you would ever describe as being slightly awkward at times? What kind of relationship did you see him have with others, and did you ever see him get upset or angry?

(All post #'s refer to thread #18)
Thank you @PommyMommy you are quite amazing.

Absolutely.

Agree.
Wide availability so probably not that.
MOO Why ML's had a sorority friend who also knew AA is key.

MOO she had an exam the next day, was a dedicated student. MOO I think he was a low level college drugs supplier, a kind friend with the right test performance enhancing drugs. MOO Unexplained social connections are most often about substances. One plan she might have worked out with him is to meet him somewhere halfway to her apartment and have him drive her the rest the way home.

It would make sense if she had suggested a neutral spot so he didn't find out where she lived. It would have also been awkward had she asked her supplier to pick her up from the airport.

Again, not sure this is my theory, but makes a ton of sense. MOO

Do we know what kind of phone she had?

Maybe she didn’t have her phone fully charged before getting on the plane and used it to text throughout the flight thus draining her battery?

Some of the older iPhones have battery health issues due to the multiple software updates.

No way she was texting on a flight (esp. not Southwest). But all airplanes require a phone go off or on airplane mode. Still, it's possible if she didn't have a battery back-up that indeed, the phone was on low battery (she flew from LA to SFO to Salt Lake), so about 6 hours in transit. Most people take chargers though, and she would have had opportunities to charge in the terminal.

.... the reason for the park but perhaps he just said my house isn't easy to find, she had never been there and he just says meet me at that park where we had our first "date" and we'll head to my place from there or ....
@ilovechili

Just jumping off one phrase in your post.
Re bbm & sbm in ^ hypo'l convo, whether before or after flight.
If ML tried to insist on meeting at house, seems AA already knew her car was not at airport (right, anyone?), so he did not need to try to give her directions to his 'hard-to-find' house, so difficult directions are not an excuse to meet at park (or elsewhere).
Presumably, he had already decided he would insist she take Lyft, but how could he say or hint w any semblance of seriousness - my house won't be easy for Lyft driver to find? Com'on, AA, no GPS in Lyfts? Not an excuse to meet in park (or elsewhere).

Finally re hard-to-find house, sorry, not buying it, AA. ML had lived there for 3? 4 yrs? SCL/SLC area has gridded, numbered streets & avenues. Not like some 350 y/o downtown areas in East Coast cities; not like the winding un-signed dirt roads in way-out rural forsaken hollers.

IOW, 'hard-to-find' house is not an excuse to meet in park (or elsewhere).
But he might have tried it and/or other flimsy excuses to meet in park. Jmo.

Last edited:
@ilovechili Just jumping off one phrase in your post.
Re bbm & sbm in ^ hypo'l convo, whether before or after flight.
If ML tried to insist on meeting at house, seems AA already knew her car was not at airport (right, anyone?), so he did not need to try to give her directions to his hard-to-find house, so difficult directions are not an excuse to meet at park (or elsewhere).
Presumably, he had already decided he would insist she take Lyft, but how could he say or hint w any semblance of seriousness - my house won't be easy for Lyft driver to find? Com'on, AA, no GPS in Lyfts? Not an excuse to meet in park (or elsewhere).

Finally re hard-to-find house, sorry, not buying it, AA. ML had lived there for 3? 4 yrs? SCL/SLC area has gridded, numbered streets & avenues. Not like some 350 y/o downtown areas in East Coast cities or like the winding un-signed dirt roads in way-out rural back holler.

IOW, 'hard-to-find' house is not an excuse to meet in park (or elsewhere). Jmo.

Yeah, his house isn't difficult to find at all. As you mention, it's on a very logical grid system of streets.

He lied about something, but that wasn't the lie.

No way she was texting on a flight (esp. not Southwest). But all airplanes require a phone go off or on airplane mode. Still, it's possible if she didn't have a battery back-up that indeed, the phone was on low battery (she flew from LA to SFO to Salt Lake), so about 6 hours in transit. Most people take chargers though, and she would have had opportunities to charge in the terminal.
SoCalGal pointed out that Southwest has a non-stop flight between LAX and SLC on Sunday nights, leaving at 10:35 pm and arriving at 1:35 am. I was looking at Southwest's Monday night schedule when I mistakenly believed she must have had a stopover. Sorry for the confusion.

When this case was first developing, we spent a lot of time on WS speculating about why Hatch Park. I don't think we can totally rule out that maybe ML decided on the location. There was some claims by a person she had supposedly gone on a date with that they met at that park previously. That claim is 100% unverified and it could be someone just looking for attention. But even without that claim, maybe it was ML's idea to meet there. (And I don't think we need to spend any time on whether or not everyone thinks this was a safe/dangerous/risky choice .. I think we've beat a dead horse with that topic.)

Maybe she felt it was a safe spot to meet somebody given its right next to the North Salt Lake police station? And she wasn't comfortable meeting someone at their house or hers?

Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member