Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

In the PC yesterday they mentioned that some warrants had been executed. Assuming those were for phone records. I did some research on Utah laws and it sounds like they can’t even get cell phone ping information without a warrant. I’m certainly no expert on the subject, so hopefully someone else will weigh in.

JaneEyre, oviedo, Cortne and 2 others like this.

2. yellowmoose

yellowmoose Verified Friend of Mackenzie Lueck

Thank you. So Hatch park is like probably 10-15 minutes depending on the time of day from where she lives. There is some speculation that she has met up with one person she went on a date with at this park before - but it's not verified information with proof. Just one person's account. It stumps me a bit why she picked this park. It's not far from her, but it's still not in her city. I'm thinking maybe it was just a meet up place or a go between before their next destination.

3. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

it happens. a friend of mine, somewhat recently, opened up his marriage and he and his wife began dating younger women. he has a second IG profile for this 'activity' and did the exact same thing... and was promptly discovered by a family friend. i'm told awkward conversations have followed.

4. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

AnnaGrace, LaborDayRN, Cortne and 4 others like this.
  5. yellowmoose

This is good to know. I had no idea. There aren't any cameras between Hatch and 2600 S. But there are on the 2600 S intersection which leads you back to getting on the highway. But that's a bummer that they wouldn't be able to reference that since it wouldn't be live.

6. Corpus

Corpus Well-Known Member

The traffic cameras in Utah do not read plates. However, some cameras at the ports of entry do.

Dontknow?, AnnaGrace, n_6CC and 6 others like this.
  7. Jcscham

Jcscham Well-Known Member

Yeah, may want to let the wife know why before she finds out on her own or we could be searching for you next. Lol

joejs89, Dontknow?, calo44 and 21 others like this.
  8. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Thread is so fast!
    Since they’re doing back to back PC something must have happened or been found? Maybe they feel solid in the make/model and description from the lyft driver?

AnnaGrace, ChiCubs2016, Suglo and 9 others like this.
  9. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Friend thinks MacKenzie Lueck is in danger after meeting person at Utah park
    June 25th 2019

~snip

“I didn't know why she would go to a park or why anyone would pick her up from a park.”

At an afternoon news conference, Salt Lake City police said Lueck took a Lyft from Salt Lake International Airport to Hatch Park just off I-15 in North Salt Lake, got into a car with someone and drove off.

I'm thinking all kinds of things right now, I just don't understand it,” Stoner says.

Stoner has thought about the possibility Lueck met someone on a dating app adding:

If this was a one-time meetup I don't think she would just willingly get in a car at 2 a.m. in a park.”

And that makes Stoner think Lueck is in danger adding:

I think I will feel this way the entire time until I get a call from her or see her.”

Friend thinks MacKenzie Lueck is in danger after meeting person at Utah park

10. Birmingplumb

Birmingplumb Well-Known Member

I think this case would be a teaching tool for 12 year olds on what not to do if you want to see your grandchildren get married some day. And websleuths should be required reading in order to graduate from high school anywhere in public school America. ( Instead of time wasted studying the main crop in coastal Argentina) I have become "aware" since joining this group and I think that absent my suggestion , our youth will " look at the bright side of everything" because of pure ignorance as well as a failed school system and put themselves a risk. IMO.

11. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

I wonder, did she have a laptop with her while she was travelling?
    If it was left at home, her e-mail or social media accounts may contain correspondence with people that LE would be looking into, since they don't have her phone records yet (from what we know so far.)

I also wonder if her bank or cc statements show if she was in that area of Hatch Park recently. Coffee, fuel, grocery purchases and if so, what time(s) of day those transactions were posted at. Her car may also have receipts in it showing recent purchases at specific locations.

Another thing I wonder about is if there are any other students or if any of her co-workers have missed school/work unexpectedly (called in sick, or quit) in the past week plus.

I really hope this presser sheds some new info on the car and the person she met with.
    This young lady has a great deal of potential and it would be a crying shame if this ends in tragedy.

JMO

12. calo44

calo44 Well-Known Member

It’s likely the Lyft driver got a good look at the person, as they’ve said ML put her luggage in their car. The driver would more than likely get out of the car to greet her, open the trunk, put luggage in, etc.

Idk if there are any lights in the parking lot or if it was only headlights illuminating the exchange, but the fact that Lyft mentioned a cordial/happy exchange and luggage transfer sounds promising.

Let’s hope today’s presser will have vehicle and/or driver details.

13. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

And why wouldn't this mystery person simply drive to the airport to pick her up?

I have a few thoughts on this-

1- It was her idea to meet, it was a last minute arrangement, he needed time to get out of bed and throw something on, and she didn't want to bother him

2- Meeting this way allowed him to take her back to his house or Condo without a Lyft showing up for all his neighbors to see

3- He couldn't come to the airport because he is recognized there; like a police officer, security, employee

14. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

Agree- I would be shocked if the Lyft driver didn't pull up right next to the other car.

LadyL, calo44, ChiCubs2016 and 3 others like this.
  15. Lamima

Lamima Well-Known Member

I have a son-22 and twin girls-20 and I try to instill the fear into them. They shrug and say things like' you're so paranoid, mom'. But I remember my mom watching the coverage of Adam Walsh when I was a kid and she allowed me to watch and we discussed openly what happened to him and how there were 'bad' people out there. She discussed 'what I should do if' plans with me. I have done all this with my kids too. But still they don't seem to be aware of their surroundings or have that fear I had. I can remember being overly cautious. My DD's had a worker come to their apartment to repair something and I was freaked out (only one DD was there at the time). She said 'he was nice, he talked to me and was friendly and mentioned his kids so he wouldn't do anything'. Ugghhh, I recently went there and checked that all the windows were locked.

16. jdog17

jdog17 Active Member

Reasons she went to this park (1) the person meeting her wanted to meet there & gave her the address, making it easy for her to go (2) she'd been there before (3) she'd met this person there before. I agree with a prior poster that even as a young person (who took risks) I would never, ever meet a stranger at 3am--anywhere. I know there is a lot of talk about "college students these days" but it would be unusual for any reasonably sensible person - even a young one - to meet a complete stranger at a park at 3 am. But there's the rub--how do you define a complete stranger? What if she had a longstanding, online relationship with someone? Odds are she knew the person, but perhaps PD will tell us more about if the guy got out of the car, etc (or did I miss that? is that known?)

17. yellowmoose

It is interesting to me why he wouldn't go pick her up at the airport. These are some good theories. It does make me wonder if he knew the amount of cameras that are at the airport and that's why he wouldn't get her there. But it being a last minute thing, maybe he didn't have time to get all the way down there and she suggested let's just meet here instead.

mspepper, cody22, ChiCubs2016 and 5 others like this.
  18. ardean

ardean Well-Known Member

Do you believe the novababy96 insta profile is hers?

janewall, diggndeeperstill and na19 like this.
  19. TxMother67

TxMother67 Well-Known Member

When was her midterm? I'm wondering if she contacted the instructor ahead of time and let them know she would not be in attendance due to her grandmother's death? That would be one less stressor for that week.

If she knew that she didn't HAVE to be back, perhaps she is taking a break with a friend. Unfortunately, I don't believe this is what is happening , but I am trying to remain optimistic.

20. Corpus

Corpus Well-Known Member

In my opinion, 100% yes. Her black cat is named Nova and the name on the account is Nova Black. The bio on both accounts is almost identical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.