GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedabeez20

savedabeez20 Well-Known Member

@yellowmoose you have stated that she had a relationship with someone in the past. Was that relationship pleasant as far as you know?

2. poppydarling

poppydarling Verified Criminologist - Victimization Expert

Got it. Sorry for missing your meaning! :) I think there were a few things calling out me for not being legitimate (I am, I had to show my degrees and credentials and license). So I think having different perspectives/opinions are totally fine, but keep it respectful to ALL members. :) Shall we all move on?

3. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Just so everyone knows, "the moderator" put an end to the ridiculous back and forth that was happening because @Tricia requested it. Tricia is traveling now and is appalled at what is going on in this case. She actually told me to tell you that she was going to shut down WS if it doesn't stop. I told her that I thought a warning would be enough.

4. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

A married SD would insist on ultimate discretion in many/most cases. Public exposure could present serious marital, social, or business problems.

Not referring to this case specifically, but a serious problem that could present a lifelong problem or worry for a SD would be a pregnancy and a stated intent to have a child. There aren't a lot of options for a SD to make the problem go away. Just a generic observation.

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Kenzie's parent lost a mother and daughter close together. Such s nightmare they are living. I'm praying for a positive outcome.

6. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

I know we’ve been over the size of the bag:

She’s in the process of leaving SLC for the summer to head back to El Segundo after the term ends, so it makes sense she has been using a generou-sized bag to take clothes, shoes, etc back down ther with her.

She also probably doesn’t have too many bags

7. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

I totally do. Maybe a person she's been chatting with and texting, maybe even spoke on the phone. But I do think this was the first meeting. She got into the car and discovered this was not who she thought she was meeting. All speculation, all IMO, but I have a really sick feeling about the person she went to meet.

8. jdog17

jdog17 Active Member

Very much agree with your reasoning, and would add that the intimate partner would not need to be a longstanding relationship. It could have been someone she met since starting the online seeking SB/SD service as of May 19. The circumstances (funeral) could have led her to seek solace; if so it is more likely with someone she knew. It's also possible the person missed her and/or they had a prearranged date that was interrupted by her (unexpected) trip to CA for funeral. Unfortunately, none of this bodes well.

The meeting in the park also indicates to me that the someone was either married or did not want her to have access to his home. MOO of course.

9. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

I believe you voiced your opinion beautifully. I, too, see such danger in these types of relationships in exchange for gifts and/or money. I am for empowering women/girls, however, I’ve always encouraged my daughter and the women I’ve worked with as a case manager, that if you can’t afford your lifestyle, make needed adjustments. Everyone...males and females need to share plans {who, what & where} with a trusted friend or family member.
    Come home, Kenzie!

10. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Still hoping they haven’t lost their daughter.

11. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

I added to my above post that also, some men pressure for sex as it is, I can’t imagine the pressure if they are PAYING YOU, like you owe them something. I see a real recipe for danger here with that.

teedie2, J Block, ilovechili and 27 others like this.
  12. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

If she’s heading back to LA within the week & she has midterms, she might not have a lot of time to see someone who may also have a busy schedule. Hence the late-night meeting

13. interestedincases

interestedincases I would rather be fishing...

That's why I used the words talked into and coerced. I don't think she willingly would do this and I never said she didn't love her friends and family, but if she was highly emotional, I could see her being manipulated and not realizing it. Possibility yes, likely no.

wary and MsBetsy like this.
  14. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

You make some very compassionate remarks. It can be a weird time in life, not really knowing what is going to happen in the next year. A feeling of "Am I prepared?" can be unsettling.

Some people use that feeling to take action so they are prepared. Others run away or self-sabotage (flunk classes, for example). And others sort of drift, living from moment to moment and living on hope that things will work out because they always have worked out well enough in the past.

I have a hunch ML was living in the moment, and I don't think she thought she was taking risks, but was sort of entertaining herself in the limbo years before "youthful student" era ends. That makes her vulnerable, imo, and willing to meet someone so late instead of preparing for an exam and being rested enough for work, etc. That's not a moral judgement, just an acknowledgement of the rather strange feeling of ending a life stage without knowing what the next life stage is.

jmo

15. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

How about a thread in the Parking Lot where people could debate SB lifestyle and only allow this thread for any MKs SB issues?

TheRaven, Suwannee, Suglo and 13 others like this.
  16. dub

dub Well-Known Member

I mentioned previously that I think whoever is responsible for her disappearance is someone close to her age, rather than someone substantially older. Something similar to this scenario seems extremely plausible to me.

17. savedabeez20

savedabeez20 Well-Known Member

I find it alarming that Hatch Mark is smack in the middle of various highways :(

18. Roadette

Roadette Well-Known Member

Her trail is incredibly sloppy. Sometimes it baffles me how someone could take only small steps at concealing their identity and think it’s enough.

I still don’t understand why the dark parking lot unless it was someone saying they “needed to chat” about something. Even with her internal clock being on Pacific Time, <modsnip - victim blaming> that makes zero sense to me. Despite a lot of experience with casual dating that’s just not the sort of thing anyone has even suggested... much less something I think 99% of people would go along with.

Even my closest friends who would call at 3am while in a rough spot would never ask to meet in a park and chat?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2019
  19. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

Sadly, I agree with you. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. You must be so worried and miss Kenzie a great deal.

20. Private Dallasite

Private Dallasite Member

Agree but would be out of the realms of impossibly for the two to coincide?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.