Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyft driver said ML "made contact" with the person at the park and "seemed happy to see him." Doubt that would be the case if it were an angry woman sitting in the driver seat!
Doesn't the validated trail end at the park? Is there anything supporting the Lyft driver's claim that a vehicle (apparently he cannot provide any descriptions) was there for her and contact was made? What if they get to the park and no other vehicle is there? In this case what does ML do...what does the driver do? If there is an SD involved here he must know there is a digital super highway leading right to him. Does he just blow off the meeting?

Flip that around.

What if the people ML is in contact with are the ones who want burners used d/t privacy concerns?

The fact that ML seems fairly open and comfortable with her info being out there doesn't mean people she was seeing are as comfortable with her number showing up on their family plan, or their number being stored in her regular phone.

She ain't married, but someone she was seeing may have been. Some one or ones may have insisted any phone contact be via burners and/or furnished her with one.

The fact that LE has asked for any info re: other phones ML may have had tells me we shouldn't dismiss that as being a possibility.

JMO.

JMO, or if someone involved with her wanted secrecy then maybe they would be the ones to use a burner phone for contact, that's all I'm saying. I can't say she was the one who had to have a burner and not the other way around.

Like I imagine some guy who’s got feelings for her but she’s made it clear she’s ‘unavailable’ right now and so not to hurt his feelings said shes not dating right now and reading those fb comments about how to get sugar daddies really enraged him and if she is an open person anyway and free spirited, especially if she considers this guy a close friend she might even discuss what she’s been doing with regards to SD’s sometimes he’d feel frustrated that he can’t have her.

I don’t care either way what lifestyle anyone likes to live aslong as they are happy, I don’t think anyone should be seen as less of a person or more deserving of any crime because they ‘should have been more careful’ no one asks to be murdered, the problem is the select few sick individuals who prey on women in vulnerable situations.

I keep wondering if there is someone she might study with, since she had an exam. Someone in the "friend zone".

I don't think sleuthers are clutching their pearls over sex or making disparaging comments about ML.

If anything, I think sleuthers are pushing back on the idea that we shouldn't discuss the sexual nature of these relationships or pretend it is minor or only refer to these as female empowerment initiatives or whatever... They are what they are. They aren't all exactly the same. I think we all get it. Regardless, we're still staring at a disappearance where both, one of these relationships and sex would seem likely (though not certain) components.
I’m going to assume you meant to respond to the mod instead of me, as this response makes no sense to my single sentence.

From the last thread:

poppydarling said :

“Essentially. It’s very similar to any traditional means of dating. Which is why it is emotionally charged when sex work, sadness, or lack of autonomy is suggested. That’s simply not the driving force. It’s very close to what is considered mainstream.“

—-

Disclaimer I haven’t had my coffee yet. I am not attacking anyone in this post FTR:

Similar to traditional means of dating? I’m honestly not seeing the correlation here. Traditional means of dating imo is going on a date with someone because you are interested in them, are possibly attracted to them, enjoy spending time with them. Not because you want something from them necessarily. If these men didn’t have money, then the ladies wouldn’t want to go out with them. This in itself inserts a variable of artificiality, fakeness and materialism. This is nothing like traditional dating, imo, just because they go to a movie or restaurant it doesn’t make it the same, imo.

I’m really concerned about what I’m reading here. Young ladies seeing this as safe. Does it take something like what this for young ladies to open their eyes? I’m not explaining myself well but I’m not getting this discussion at all and am VERy CONCERNED about what is being seen to be viewed as normalized by some.

Which I’m not sure I agree with that either—-just because some young ladies here state this is normal and accepted and not frowned upon by their peers, that doesn’t mean the rest of America feels this way. I can think of plenty of young people who would say this is not appropriate or safe. Meeting some strange man on the Internet because he has MONeY.

This is a crime forum. Any kind of justification that this is safe behavior I am not in agreement with.

I appreciate the respectful discussion and if this is abrasive, I don’t know how else to word it.

Yes I’m all about female liberation and equality of power and all that stuff. Of course I am. Adults have the freedom to make their own choices.

Would I be concerned if my friends or family members were meeting up with strange men from the internet because they had money? Of course I would! Wouldn’t anyone? Not to mention many of these guys are MARRIED.

I just woke up and need coffee but I am NOt feeling what's been put down here in these posts, moo.

I am not attacking anyone and mean this post as respectfully and academically as I can state it.

The more young women think this is normal or safe, the less they have their guards up.

Of course the majority of these men have sexual expectations! Moo.

Again, for all the female libbers out there, believe me I am on your side. I am just saying ImO this is not safe, meeting up with some strange older man on the Internet because he has money. Sure we all like gifts and money, who doesn’t?

Adults are adults and are free to have whatever kinds of relationships they want. I am all about a “May to December” romance ftr, as both of my exes are much older than me.

I’m not here to impose my morals on anyone, but I refuse to sit here on a crime forum and read about how these types of relationships do not pose very real danger concerns.

Yes yes yes!! Thank you for stating it more eloquently than I could have.

Last edited:
Like I imagine some guy who’s got feelings for her but she’s made it clear she’s ‘unavailable’ right now and so not to hurt his feelings said shes not dating right now and reading those fb comments about how to get sugar daddies really enraged him and if she is an open person anyway and free spirited, especially if she considers this guy a close friend she might even discuss what she’s been doing with regards to SD’s sometimes he’d feel frustrated that he can’t have her.

I don’t care either way what lifestyle anyone likes to live aslong as they are happy, I don’t think anyone should be seen as less of a person or more deserving of any crime because they ‘should have been more careful’ no one asks to be murdered, the problem is the select few sick individuals who prey on women in vulnerable situations.

It's a shame that men/society constantly curtail the fun women should have. I find women to generally be more up beat and up for adventure than guys. Just a sweeping generalization. If a girl wants to date a different guy every day or do suggestive things on SM, then more power to her. It should not put her in danger.

You are free to have your opinion. I’m free to have mine as someone who may or may not have spent years meeting different people.

Just because people have acknowledged they do something doesn’t mean they want every Tom, Dick, and Harry knowing everything about them before they get a sense of who the person is. And messaging back and forth via PM isn’t going to get you anything except stood up and wasted time.
Ok that's fair. So in your opinion though, somebody who is smart enough to have a burner as not to be IDed and tracked down...would that person go meet somebody at 3am in a dark parking lot with no others around? There is a naivety here that tells me she was not being careful. I am not victim blaming, but I am saying I think she may have not been in as much control of the situation as she thought she might have been. A lot of her SM trail has been discovered by true strangers (here, reddit, FB, all over), and to me that shows she wasn't concerned about hiding what she was doing.

The thought did run through my head also that she was possibly "talked into" taking off and "leaving everything behind". She does NOT seem the type, but she was highly emotional and might be easily coerced. Not top of my list, but it is on there. I think at some point though the excitement would wear off and she would miss everyone and try to contact home.
Wow, a couple people are still on this possibility it seems. You would have to really dislike your parents, family, and friends to do that without leaving a note or something. If there was a large financial need a staged kidnapping would have been followed by demands for money. I think it's more likely something accidental happened and the other party is ashamed or afraid to share what it was due to some other factor like, family obligation, loss of job and assets, etc. I still think it is possible she was going to go off with someone for the night and they missed a turn and went into a body of water or into a raveen which happens more commonly than it should. I remember a lady who was missing in NC who was on HWY 16 and was found a week or so too late as her car had driven over an embankment. The other party should be reported missing by now though. Otherwise, someone did actually plan something evil for her. I guarantee they didn't expect this strong of a response. The pressure is on if that's the case.

Her BeachBaby96 profile on Seeking Arrangements has been posted, but not her pvt IG since it hasn't been on MSM yet
Novababy96 was mentioned in this article:

Salt Lake City police share last known images of missing U of U student; exploring possible links to social media dating accounts | Gephardt Daily
[...]

Lueck said police also are focused on any dating apps Lueck may be involved with. Social media postings, unconfirmed by police, include the suggestion that Lueck is involved with the Sugardaddies.com website, and may accept dates through that.

Doubt would not answer reporter questions about specific social media accounts or apps that could be connected to Lueck’s disappearance, but did confirm detectives were looking into the social media aspect of her life.

One online post suggested that among Lueck’s alternate Instagram accounts is Novababy96, which shows a woman from the back, wearing underwear or a swimsuit bottom that says “Daddy.”

That account is private, so its ownership cannot be confirmed, but the main page does say the account is followed by a Kenzie Lueck, the name on Lueck’s main Instagram account.

other-instagram.jpg

[...]

She has a SB Instagram, but it's private. Shares some hashtags with her non private IG but no profile to view, just her screen name and photo. Nova Black (@novababy96) • Instagram photos and videos

This isn't a "sugarbaby" instagram. I don't even know what a SB instagram is! Just because she has a private instagram account does not mean it has anything to do with being a SB. It is most likely because she has an account with pictures she would rather certain people not see. Not anything to do with SB. I've seen some of the photos on this account. Many of them would be appropriate to post on her public account and are not revealing. But having private instas with more revealing photos is EXTREMELY common in my circles.

Y
Flip that around.

What if the people ML is in contact with are the ones who want burners used d/t privacy concerns?

The fact that ML seems fairly open and comfortable with her info being out there doesn't mean people she was seeing are as comfortable with her number showing up on their family plan, or their number being stored in her regular phone.

She ain't married, but someone she was seeing may have been. Some one or ones may have insisted any phone contact be via burners and/or furnished her with one.

The fact that LE has asked for any info re: other phones ML may have had tells me we shouldn't dismiss that as being a possibility.

JMO.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. She may have no reason to be discreet but I bet many of the SD's do.
Maybe even one in particular.

Im

not so sure, have you seen the meaning behind the #callherdaddy hashtag?

Yes I have and it is unrelated to the sugar lifestyle in general.

That said, of course it appears that Kenzie was sexually comfortable and sexually active, when you sum up all the variables. My concern is primarily to prevent misrepresentation of the sugar lifestyle and to reduce the projection of sex work being tied to Kenzie's lifestyle. I definitely agree she appears to be open to sexual encounters, but beyond some hashtags and topless photos, we really do not know how she acted behind closed doors with any partners.

In reality, her friends and sorority sisters are the reason there has been so much exposure. For reasons unbeknownst to the general public, the family has not come forth. It literally has been her “sisters” and concerned friends. Literally.
MOO

The family just suffered the loss of ML's grandmother, which means one of her parents lost a mom. Days later a daughter is missing and then the daughter's most personal details are now national news.

That's is grief, grief, shock, confusion...plus their regular jobs and taking care of the estate of the deceased family member.

Wow. That is A LOT of grief and stress. I'm sure they are not even sure which way is up some days. I'm cutting them some slack for not being in public.

jmo

I don’t think there’s been anything to indicate that she was moving back home. But, she could have been lugging things from home back to Utah.

Yeah, for sure. I packed my smaller suitcase full of stuff to go home but put that one inside a bigger one so I had a whole empty one to pack with toilet paper, food, etc!

I completely understand your concern. I do not think you are wrong for having feelings connected to this, especially linked to your own moral decisions. I completely respect that and understand this is considered a taboo/concerning topic.

I am simply trying to educate and keep the conversation away from the sugar lifestyle being inaccurately represented.

All means of dating in this current day have risks and should be entered into with concern and awareness. That said, sugar babies typically (not always) are very intelligently and diligently entering into relationships, arguably moreso than other casual dating.

With all things risks are involved, but there is not a large range of empirical research to suggest that consenting sugar relationships are any more risky than a traditional dating relationship.

I know it is hard to understand, especially when you have concerns and fears. And perhaps it is out of what you’d be accepting of for yourself, child, or friend. That’s ok. I understand that. But it is something that actively happens for lots of girls and men. It is a relationship that exists and pretending it doesn’t makes it even more taboo, shameful, and potentially more dangerous.

As always, happy to answer questions.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members