Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was the case, wouldn't an exchange have to happen at the airport? IIRC you have to put the destination in first and then a drive will pick you. It sounds like she wasn't in any distress at the airport and didn't make any suspicious contact with anyone there . So that still begs the question why and who did she plan on meeting there?

No I agree. There’s still quite a bit of suspicion here regarding the driver so I’m giving very plausible scenarios in where he may of been the perp but personally, I don’t believe he was involved. It seems like LE did their due diligence.

It is not unusual to text friends at 2:30/3:00am if they're bartenders, bar owners/managers, nightclub owners/managers, or cocktail waitresses. I remember being in college and getting out of work at that time to party/hang out with friends. Perhaps ML has a friend or SD that fits into one of these categories and arranged to meet them when they got off work. It's a college town, after all. There are plenty of bars there. Perhaps they work close to the park. If it is indeed a man, they could be married and wanted to be discreet. So many possibilities... MOO.

They now have her phone records so it's quite possible they now have more than just the drivers word for it. Also, Lyft has a record showing that the driver was picking up another passenger shortly after dropping her off. Since LE has said the driver is cleared, they must not believe he was able to have committed a crime the time between dropping KL off and picking up the next passenger.

But it was KM who put in the park as her destination when she requested LYFT pick her up at the airport, before ANY driver accepted the "job" of transportating her to het destination.

This was one of MK's statements on SM:

'I have some experience on seeking arrangements, online only, tinder, and currently have two lol.'

I never heard of Online Only and asked what it was and someone said it is a mutual webcam activity. I never heard of it and just want more info.
Interesting. I thought it meant that she was seeking (looking for) SD online. But I see what you mean....that the engagements were online.

Just tossing out ideas...

Maybe ML, while grieving at grandma’s funeral, broke SB rules & called SD at home/off-limits family hours- reaching out in a time of great sadness. Then SD asks to see her right away, conveying false concern about g’ma’s death. When really he wanted to make sure she could never put his reputation/ marriage at risk again.

Or... SD 1 found out about SD 2 & became infuriated & there was a confrontation that escalated to something fatal.

Can anyone clarify if the Lyft driver said that they watched ML get into the waiting car? Or did they drive away while she was in between vehicles? I find it odd that whoever was in that car didn't get out to help her load her large luggage into the trunk.
Doubt said they made contact. We don't know what that contact was, specifically. The driver did not see her get in the car. MOO

In my opinion it is pretty clear that the Lyft driver is not a suspect and had no opportunity, so if you consider this, if he/she says she met up with someone else I believe it, he/ she has no reason to lie about it.
I’m from CA we have had many assaults with Uber drivers and Lyft.

LE said in the first PC Lyft driver was not a suspect AT THIS TIME. He never said he was cleared. He’s not going to say he or anyone else a suspect on national TV and have that person go on the run. That would be stupid. At this point they don’t have enough evidence to arrest him or anyone else at this time. They are not going to announce a suspect or POI this early in the investigation. Usually only when they arrest or about to they announce. These days they are very careful and hush hush with their words.

Can anyone clarify if the Lyft driver said that they watched ML get into the waiting car? Or did they drive away while she was in between vehicles? I find it odd that whoever was in that car didn't get out to help her load her large luggage into the trunk.

If it was a dude who picked her up, I agree that it's a little odd, especially since she had luggage with her.

Even if she didn't, most dudes I know would open the driver door and get out of the car as a courtesy,
especially at that hour.

It wouldn't be so unusual if the person who picked her up was a female, however.
Then, it would sort of make sense, wouldn't it?

ML was dressed as if going to meet a friend she was comfortable with, too.
LE hasn't said the person who picked her up was a male.
So there's that, too.

There are a lot of logical contradictions in this case.

A whole lot.

JMO.

Last edited:
It was depressing for me in the sense of being so poor. But, I loved the social life and student activities. Six or seven years of being a poor student can be stressful.
Absolutely the lack of money can be tough. But in ML's case she at least had a job and her college mates would all more or less have been living the same lifestyle so she wouldn't have felt as if she was lagging behind her peer group financially.

I was literally getting ready to post this!
IMO, rewards aren't really that effective in generating tips. But, they are effective in generating headlines, and the case already has a lot of coverage. Perhaps when/if the news quiets, a reward will be offered to keep ML's story out in the public.

jmopinion

But it was KM who put in the park as her destination when she requested LYFT pick her up at the airport, before ANY driver accepted the "job" of transportating her to het destination.
That's correct. But apparently Lyft has a record of when the driver (the one that transported ML from airport to park) picked up the next passenger AFTER he dropped off ML. If the crime was committed by the driver, I would think he would need time to commit said crime and then (I hate typing this) dispose of her body.

That's correct. But apparently Lyft has a record of when the driver (the one that transported ML from airport to park) picked up the next passenger AFTER he dropped off ML. If the crime was committed by the driver, I would think he would need time to commit said crime and then (I hate typing this) dispose of her body.
I agree. I was replying to the idea that the LYFT driver had somehow set it up to have her met by someone and handed off by him at the park. I was saying it wasnt at all likely since KM had put the park in as her destination when she requested LYFT.

If it was a dude who picked her up, I agree that it's a little odd, especially since she had luggage with her.

Even if she didn't, most dudes I know would open the driver door and get out of the car as a courtesy,
especially at that hour.

It wouldn't be so unusual if the person who picked her up was a female, however.
She was sort of dressed as if going to meet a friend she was comfortable with, too.
So there's that, too.

A whole lot.

JMO.
I’m a female who drove for 3 rideshare platforms. I always helped with luggage you get bigger tips as well.

I’m tall and thin but still helped.

especially at that hour.

She was sort of dressed as if going to meet a friend she was comfortable with, too.
So there's that, too.

A whole lot.

JMO.

You make some excellent points!

Mystery driver could have just been waiting for the Lyft car to leave before helping ML with her luggage, but if Lyft driver says she loaded it herself I either call BS or think the other driver was a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member