Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardean

ardean Well-Known Member

Great insight. I hope there is video as well.

2. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, law enforcement can track down the ISP and all the people that actually looked at it. I know they can't contact people through them calling him as it was said to pick it up at the curb, but wouldn't you think that law enforcement could find, with a search warrant that might take three weeks or more, who actually viewed that post?

Peony459, LaborDayRN, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

4. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

As someone mentioned before, maybe he used the Airbnb as an excuse to meet at the park - just got some new guests. Maybe things went south when he decided to take her to his place and she didn't want to go because by now her atennae were up.

wary, EmilyVan, dotr and 1 other person like this.
  5. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

Why would the homeowner go to the trouble of listing them on 2 sites if he was just going to curb them? Seems counter-intuitive, doesn't it? I mean we know he listed both items, there's digital proof.

Vresia, wary, Peony459 and 11 others like this.
  6. MuddyTires

MuddyTires Well-Known Member

Oh boy. This is an example of what drives me nuts on this site.

The first quote is a tweet from a reporter. The reporter was not quoting LE. The first sentence of the reporter's tweet is his summary of what he believes LE said. The second sentence of the tweet is apparently the reporter's own speculation, as LE did not discuss Instagram likes during the PC.

Then a poster, in response to the question about the tweet, states as fact something that there is no basis for from the PC - because again, there was no mention of an instagram like.

And now there's someone saying the quote sounds like the fact that ML's instagram account started following the fatherless account yesterday was what lead LE to the house.

If you listen to the PC, here are the two times the LEO used the term "digital footprint."

7. HopeForTheBest

HopeForTheBest Well-Known Member

Although Freecycle says not to offer curb alerts, people do, and it happens often on Craigslist.

8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Oh, Ok, I thought I heard her say Somalia.

9. ZoriahNZ

She did say Somalia. Perhaps she was mistaken.

10. shanadk

shanadk Well-Known Member

ML used to be a model for Hollister.
    As listed on her FB profile

11. SaintGirl

SaintGirl Well-Known Member

I thought about that too but why meet in the first place? And why there since it’s past where he lives in relation to the airport? Unless she didn’t know where he lived ...

indicolite22 and dotr like this.
  12. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

UT - UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #6

All of these post talk about undercover law enforcement going to the front door. They knew about the posting for the mattresses at that time? This was right before the search warrants were served.

I guess it's that time he did talk to law enforcement, so perhaps that is where those words came from law enforcement today in the Presser.

13. HopeForTheBest

HopeForTheBest Well-Known Member

I’m starting to notice that I’ve given away a lot of items via Freecycle and Craigslist...one reason is that if you just put things out on the curb, they might sit there a while depending on the people who drive by and what they want or need. Listing them gives you a bigger audience and chance of getting the item taken. Also, at times, after emailing with a person to give away an item, I’ve told them the location and left the item by the front steps so the person could just come get whatever it was. I wouldn’t put it by the curb then, of course.

adot0902, dotr, Zella and 1 other person like this.
  14. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

I know. My head is spinning with all these sites and both ML and the homeowner seem like savvy and frequent users.

sassyblue, angelainwi, dotr and 2 others like this.
  15. epiphany

epiphany Well-Known Member

I heard "Somalia" as well.

16. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey Everyone,

If you start out a post with something along the lines of "I'm not victim blaming but" then what follows is always some form of victim blaming.
    Opinions on dating lifestyle choices do no good in the search for Mackenzie. Please remember this and post accordingly.
    Thank you.
    Tricia

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  17. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Timeline: Events surrounding the disappearance, search for missing U of U student
    Thursday, June 27
    Dozens of boxes of ammunition were found inside the Salt Lake City home allegedly connected to Lueck.

Police have booked a gardening tool and several other items into evidence, a 2News crew saw at the scene.

"Crime scene vehicles coming and going this morning at the house in west SLC that’s somehow connected to #MackenzieLueck disappearance.

Investigators have been out here since yesterday afternoon.

[​IMG]
    Salt Lake City PD appears to be wrapping up or at least scaling back on search at Fairpark home. Mobile command center has cleared out. Bags of evidence being carried out. #MackenzieLueck
    [​IMG]

18. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

The Air BnB was "booked out" through August but my guess is he blocked the dates out for the time being as he gets the house back in order.

janewall, sassyblue, osu and 3 others like this.
  19. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

Trying to follow along, just gutted at the new developments and hope we are wrong and she is found safe. Thinking of you ML.

20. ZoriahNZ

The mattress was listed on June 23rd on Letgo. The box spring was yesterday on FB Marketplace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.