Found Deceased UT - Masako Kenley, 53, Sandy/South Salt Lake, 2 July 2021

E5jg0NQVIAsxdPq

The Sandy Police Department has made an arrest in the death of Masako Kenley. William O’Reilly, an acquaintance of Mrs. Kenley, has been arrested on suspicion of: Aggravated Murder Desecration of a Corpse Obstruction of Justice

https://twitter.com/Sandy_Police

Kelly Vaughen[URL='https://twitter.com/KellyVaughen']@KellyVaughen[/URL]
UPDATE: Coworkers say Masako Kenley and the man arrested in connection to her murder, knew each other from work. Some say he was obsessed with her. Masako’s boss says she worked at USPS for 20+ years. These are pics of her making her coworkers smile as she always did
@KUTV2News

Finally made it to MSM!! She worked with O'Reilly at the USPS, evidently he has stalked her in the past.

I'm not sure that I agree that this wasn't an abduction. MOO it doesn't sound to me that she would have gone anywhere with him willingly. Or do you think they mean that she was killed right away so that makes it not an abduction? Oh I hate even typing that. Poor Masako and her family that lost her.

I wonder if she was threatened with a gun and he told her to drive somewhere?
I doubt he killed her as soon as he got in her car, if that's what he did.

I knew it'd be someone she knew. He's obviously not a co-worker if he was 75 years old.

What did she do at USPS? Was she a counter clerk or did she deliver?

I'm not sure that I agree that this wasn't an abduction. MOO it doesn't sound to me that she would have gone anywhere with him willingly. Or do you think they mean that she was killed right away so that makes it not an abduction? Oh I hate even typing that. Poor Masako and her family that lost her.
If you plug in his name here - Assessor | Search property records show joint ownership of a home in Draper. But LE says he from South Jordan which is six miles from Draper, maybe he is separated/divorced?

IMO, the office who spoke at the pressor may not have slept, it sounds like they were at the crime scene all night? I'm giving him a pass on his choice of words. What I think he was trying to convey is that the public has no reason to fear an abductor is on the loose in Sandy. We obviously don't have any details yet, but many have made it clear Masako would not go anywhere with this man, as you stated. She was afraid of him. So however he connected with her on the route to Layton, it wouldn't have been voluntary on her part. I feel awful for her husband and kids, what a tremendous loss for them :(

Name: WILLIAM RICHARD OREILLY
Sex: M Age: 75
Height: 508 Weight: 147
Race: WHITE Hair Color: WHITE
Eye Color: BROWN

Inmate Information
Booking #: 21022852 SO#: 428278
INS: Citizen: UNITED STATES
COB: California

Incarceration Information
Current Location: MAIN County: SALT LAKE
Current Housing Section: 01 Current Housing Block: C
Current Housing Cell: 23 Current Housing Bed: B
Booked Date: 07/05/2021 Release Date:

Alias Information
There are no aliases for this inmate.

Detainer Information
There is no detainer information for this inmate.

Bond Information
Case #: Amount: $0.00 Status: Open Posted By: Post Date:

Charge Information
Case # Offense Date Code Description Grade Degree
07/02/2021 76-5-202 AGGRAVATED MURDER UT F1
07/02/2021 76-8-306(3)(A) OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE UT F2
07/02/2021 76-9-704 ABUSE OR DESECRATION OF A DEAD HUMAN BODY UT F3

Inmate Lookup Tool

SALT LAKE CITY (KUTV) — Friends and coworkers of Masako Kenley say the man police suspect in her murder knew her through their jobs.

She worked for the United States Postal Service for 20 years and was a beloved employee.

"I just want this world to know that Masako was a beautiful, beautiful person, and she is going to be missed tremendously by so many," said Kenley's USPS supervisor Jill Jensen.

At work and in her life, Kenley was helpful to everyone, positive, could be very talkative, and was always making people smile, Jensen said.

Her coworkers told 2News O'Reilly used to work with Kenley at USPS — and some said he seemed "obsessed" with her. They knew the suspect as Bill, and said he used to work in the IT department.

"I heard that she knew, or had problems with him in the past," Jensen said.

O'Reilly remains held in the Salt Lake County Jail. Police will present evidence in the case to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office, which will determine any formal charges.

Suspect in Masako Kenley's murder used to work with her, coworkers say

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear the news Masako has been found deceased :(

I find the street number/names confusing in Utah. I see an East Jordan River Canal, next to Scott Cowdell Park?
Google Maps
Hi Knox, I'm from Utah. You are only 15 minutes off.
You need to type in: 8900 S 700W .
Canals are different to the Jordan River. The Jordan River has a wicked undercurrent.

Attachments

• B2987115-79FF-4C1F-9D49-36617FD837DD.jpeg
    B2987115-79FF-4C1F-9D49-36617FD837DD.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 3C7512BD-EC91-4A52-9D08-D9D3942D006E.jpeg
    3C7512BD-EC91-4A52-9D08-D9D3942D006E.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi Knox, I'm from Utah. You are only 15 minutes off.
You need to type in: 8900 S 700W .
Canals are different to the Jordan River. The Jordan River has a wicked undercurrent.
Thank you so much! I saw a map on a news program last night and was able to find it Google Maps

It's the river bank area adjacent to the upper part of the golf course. Guess it's accessible from the parkway?

Missing Sandy woman was shot, medical examiner determined

SANDY — A Sandy woman whose body was found in a wooded area with thick brush was shot at least once in the chest, according to police.

On Monday, William Richard O'Reilly, 75, of South Jordan, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated murder, abuse or desecration of a dead body and obstruction of justice. He is accused of killing 53-year-old Masako Yamada Kenley and dumping her body near the Jordan River.

Detectives used data from cellphones and surveillance video to confirm Kenley and O'Reilly were together Friday afternoon, according to the affidavit. One of the last areas police were able to track Kenley's phone was in a heavily wooded area of 8900 South and 1000 West on Sunday, according to the affidavit.

When O'Reilly was questioned by police, they learned that he had turned off Kenley's phone and removed a GPS tracking device from her vehicle and placed it in his own car, the affidavit states. In the trunk of O'Reilly's car, police found the GPS device as well as Kenley's purse and one of her shoes.

Sandy police found O'Reilly early Monday morning at a local hospital.

"He overdosed in an apparent attempt to commit suicide and was placed in a locked down behavioral facility," the affidavit states.

She was shot! Desecration of a body, what on earth happened? Then he tries to commit suicide. Can't work this out. Poor woman. I hope it was swift and she did not suffer. JMOO
I don't understand how he knew she would be traveling in her vehicle and was able to intercept her? Where did he shoot her? Her vehicle was seen Friday pulling into the area her body was later found, then leaving twenty minutes later. So whatever encounter they had, was brief. Masako left at 4:00 for Layton, he

If this guy was in IT for the USPS he might have above average knowledge of tracking devices and how they work? I guess it's possible he could track her and/or her vehicle in some way? That's a really scary thought, stalkers are a special kind of scary IMO.

Still a lot of holes to fill in.

I don't understand how he knew she would be traveling in her vehicle and was able to intercept her? Where did he shoot her? Her vehicle was seen Friday pulling into the area her body was later found, then leaving twenty minutes later. So whatever encounter they had, was brief. Masako left at 4:00 for Layton, he

If this guy was in IT for the USPS he might have above average knowledge of tracking devices and how they work? I guess it's possible he could track her and/or her vehicle in some way? That's a really scary thought, stalkers are a special kind of scary IMO.

There are lots of tracking devices out there that you can just stick on your car and follow it's movements. Just get the magnetized case and you're off and running. I agree - scary. MOO

Example: GPS Tracker - Optimus 2.0 - 4G LTE Tracking Device for Cars, Vehicles, People, Equipment: GPS & Navigation

It's so bizarre. Could he have lured her? That he needed help and she intended to drop something off for him?

This one has me concerned. I don't know that I would be overly worried about a 75 year old, even if they were bothering me. It shows we have to be on our guard 24/7 from childhood to death. Really upsetting to think about, honestly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber
Back