GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Cathy from Court Chatter gave a good description of most of the jurers.

I want to read Court Chatter, but for some of reason the page turns to black with pink roses on top and I cannot see ANYTHING!! I don't know why :banghead:

Spencer makes a claim about the State wanting/trying to confuse the matters for the jury? Really Spencer? You want to complain about someone trying to confuse the jury? Be a good fellow and sit down and shut up now.

Have to believe the jury will at least nail him for obstruction of justice. The flushing of pills alone warrants conviction on that charge.

I'm feeling sorta sweet on the young states attorney lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I missed Gypsy's testimony this morning, should I watch it or not bother?

Oh how I love how Spencer has basically called every witness a liar lol. It was 6 years ago!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Money, exactly, but also he was receiving money fraudulently from social security and the army, and I think he was worried that in the divorce proceedings when attorneys are pouring over assets that fraud would have been discovered. So he could have been facing penalties and possible jail time if that had come out. Also he had worked very hard to fake and maintain a pristine Mormon image in the community and I think that he didn't want it tarnished with revelations of affairs and fraud. You can't pull cons on people as easily if they think your a fornicating con man, but you sure can if you are a respected Mormon attorney/dr. With an awesome family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your point about his fear that his social security disability and military fraud would be revealed in divorce proceedings seems exactly right. His whole life was a pile of lies. He must have felt extremely threatened that the wife he so utterly controlled had the potential to strip him down to his raw twisted bones.

I don't know about other women but before I enter a shower or bath I remove my top first. I am still stumped on those bottoms and where they went?

Trying to get some things done while they're on lunch break. So, closing arguments this afternoon? I better hustle so I can watch (feel free to come help lol).

I missed Gypsy's testimony this morning, should I watch it or not bother?

The best part was when she went to the bench when the judge called a side bar. :lol: She also gets perturbed with the questions. :giggle:

Ok, for those of you who have complained about the judge giving suggestions about how to argue to the defense. He did the same thing just now with Grunandar

I may be in the minority but I like this judge. IMHO he is thoughtful and fair in his judgements (even tho I dont agree with some of them) he is listening to everything and taking a lot of notes. He has kept this trial moving along a a fair pace. And he is human makes mistakes, and is not defensive but grateful when corrected by counsel. I think he has a very good poker face as to how he feels about this defendant .

I don't know about other women but before I enter a shower or bath I remove my top first. I am still stumped on those bottoms and where they went?

Well we know MacNeill didn't dispose of them because he would have noted that on his inventory list of destroyed evidence.

The best part was when she went to the bench when the judge called a side bar. :lol: She also gets perturbed with the questions. :giggle:

Haha...that WAS the highlight of the day !

And it's the only time you get to see MM shed at tear.

more than a few folks have wondered why a significant police investigation was not performed at the time of death....I've got a "sneaking suspicion" that MM's community status MIGHT have had some leverage in that circumstance, i.e his position, his "educational" background & his Oscar worthy performance at & during the scene.

From personal experience: When I found a visiting family member (elderly, terminal COPD & with a pacer) unresponsive, I called 911 and my husband & I began life-saving techniques. Both of us are/were certified ALS/CPR and also permitted by the state to declare an individual deceased BUT still responded in a critical incident mode, for a variety of reasons, not the least being the O2 lines & cardiac pacer present!
When first responders arrived, they attempted defib. & cardiac meds support because of "who the patient was" (retired, decorated first responder) and "us" (hubby & myself), even though the situation was futile. Both non-responders (hubby & me!) were removed from the treatment local by responding LE, treated with deference and superficially (IMHO) interviewed together! My husband (former homicide) suggested that protocol be followed!
I had/have attended more than a few death scenes with these first responders and was in awe that they felt that I should pronounce & sign the death certificate! BTW: I am a protocol driven, by the book "character" but not USUALLY a "witch" at scenes!:blushing:

End of story: I ended up a executor of the will....that alone could have been a motive for a crime!

SO....I'm amazed that this case (Michelle's death) made it to a courtroom, God bless those who toiled so darn hard!

I may be in the minority but I like this judge. IMHO he is thoughtful and fair in his judgements (even tho I dont agree with some of them) he is listening to everything and taking a lot of notes. He has kept this trial moving along a a fair pace. And he is human makes mistakes, and is not defensive but grateful when corrected by counsel. I think he has a very good poker face as to how he feels about this defendant .

I like him as well, think he runs a pretty good courtroom.

I missed the last two hours, is anything happening this afternoon?

I would love to see what Mr. Martinez (arias pro) would have done with this little fact.

"We're her pants in the bathroom? We're they in the bedroom? Where did they go? If she was the only one home and getting ready to take a bath they would be somewhere in the house. They were never found. We know based on the laws of physics that they could not just vanish into thin air. We know Michele didn't throw them away because she was dead in bloody water. So who was there throwing things away or instructing things to be thrown away?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I swore I wasn't going to follow this trial, that after listening to Ada's sad sweet voice talking about her mother. I am anyway. My third trial--first that FL trial, then JA the butcher, then this.

What I'm learning as a newbie trial follower is that a very deep sadness is at the core of every murder trial, and that no matter the verdict, that sadness persists.

Caylee will never return and her death was supremely preventable, had any of her family put her interests first. Travis, with all his potential and his inner light, is gone, and for no better reason than the jealous obsession of a nothing girl who never genuinely even liked him, because she has no such capacity. Michelle is dead and her eight children robbed of their mother because she stood in the way of this lie of a man pursuing a nothing woman.

It's always just plain sad, isn't it?

I swore I wasn't going to follow this trial, that after listening to Ada's sad sweet voice talking about her mother. I am anyway. My third trial--first that FL trial, then JA the butcher, then this.

What I'm learning as a newbie trial follower is that a very deep sadness is at the core of every murder trial, and that no matter the verdict, that sadness persists.

Caylee will never return and her death was supremely preventable, had any of her family put her interests first. Travis, with all his potential and his inner light, is gone, and for no better reason than the jealous obsession of a nothing girl who never genuinely even liked him, because she has no such capacity. Michelle is dead and her eight children robbed of their mother because she stood in the way of this lie of a man pursuing a nothing woman.

It's always just plain sad, isn't it?

It is true, there are never any true winners...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members