Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

I probably should have added this to my post above, but I also found this article interesting:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...cle_9b72289e-57b0-5166-9ecc-a8fa2a3729c5.html

The article says that the last credible sighting, according to the police, was at 2900 S Main St.

That is an interesting area. Despite its name, Main St that far south of downtown isn't exactly the main drag. State St is, which is one block over.

Main St in that area is an mix of residential homes and warehouse-y type businesses (dance studio, companies that sell electronic parts to other companies, small manufacturers).

Not sure why he would be there. I find it interesting, though, that there is a European car repair company that specializes in BMWs and Audis 1/2 block from where the police says he was.

First there was the mention of O'Reilly's and then a sighting right next to a European repair shop, and he was driving a BMW. Maybe that is relevant?

(also, ironically, right there across from the car shop is the South Salt Lake Police station)

Why are the person who spot him not getting pics with phones ? Seems the places he has been spotted may have cameras or cctv somewhere close?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Would love some links...my husband is exmo we had no idea those sites even existed?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one in particular on Reddit I was thinking of when I made the original post, lots of people on the page in the SLC area - not sure if I can link it here, but google exmormon reddit and you should find it.

Could he be suffering a mental break brought on by hallucinogenic drugs? My sister's boyfriend did LSD once and was gone for three days. MOO. Maybe that could explain the strange items, the random part w reality?

ETA- could a trip even last this long? It's been five days. Like seriously if the man is out there living life in a fog, he's gonna have to deal with some serious dehydration soon. I also find it so confusing that there's so many people looking and yet no one can find him yet there's sightings? What does that even mean? If you see him why wouldn't you just stay there. His face is all over the news. He's on a billboard. People are at a vigil for him as I type this.

Why are the person who spot him not getting pics with phones ? Seems the places he has been spotted may have cameras or cctv somewhere close?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

All street cams in Utah are to monitor the flow of traffic only--they don't have a playback feature (which is why I've never gotten a ticket for my amazing habit of running res lights at 6AM). A lot of businesses here don't have security cameras in the parking lot, either. I know for sure the walmart and k-mart by where he went missing didn't have security cameras as of last summer (someone hit my bumper when I was running errands and yet somehow none of the businesses I patronized had cameras so I never figured out how or when it happened).

I knew a guy who took some lsd and was never quite right after.
Could he be suffering a mental break brought on by hallucinogenic drugs? My sister's boyfriend did LSD once and was gone for three days. MOO. Maybe that could explain the strange items, the random part w reality?

ETA- could a trip even last this long? It's been five days. Like seriously if the man is out there living life in a fog, he's gonna have to deal with some serious dehydration soon. I also find it so confusing that there's so many people looking and yet no one can find him yet there's sightings? What does that even mean? If you see him why wouldn't you just stay there. His face is all over the news. He's on a billboard. People are at a vigil for him as I type this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

@jenjen37 well that's horrific

That stuff isn't something to messed with. He would disappear for a week or two then just reappear

There's like a decent rave scene here and from what I understand, it's not hard to get. But I can't imagine him driving up here specifically to take LSD and miss his appointment

No i wouldn't think.

my opinion is that he will turn up okay and then we will all want to know what happened <modsnip>

Paul is LDS. That explains the "strange" in reference to the alcohol IMO... maybe non-modest women's clothing? Just a thought.

I know this is an older post but I wanted to ask those who are LDS or know about it. Would someone who is devout LDS have tattoos?

I know this is an older post but I wanted to ask those who are LDS or know about it. Would someone who is devout LDS have tattoos?

I'm not LDS, but did a quick google search & found this...

https://www.lds.org/topics/tattooing?lang=eng

Latter-day prophets strongly discourage the tattooing of the body. Those who disregard this counsel show a lack of respect for themselves and for God.

Those who have a tattoo wear a constant reminder of a mistake they have made. They might consider having it removed.

This whole situation made me think of the Jerry Michael Williams case.

I wonder what the LDS honor code says about a 'man bun'....

Did you catch that it (< Paul's 'man bun') was mentioned in one of the speeches at the vigil last night???

Paul --- Please call home!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back