UT UT - Price, Coal Car JD, WhtMale 50-55, UP9872, tattoos 'Dorothy Jan 8 1950', snake, daggers, Sep'78

Can't see the article--can you summarize for us?
The Nebraskan Byron Ditton was drinking in a hotel room in Kansas with another man. He got into a fight with the other man and was nearly beaten to death with a pipe.

With the UID's empty bottle of alcohol, lotion with BD's name, connections to Kansas and Nebraska...if this incident had happened earlier, I might think it was related to our Doe. The two men clearly crossed paths at some point since they are not one and the same!

The Nebraskan Byron Ditton was drinking in a hotel room in Kansas with another man. He got into a fight with the other man and was nearly beaten to death with a pipe.

With the UID's empty bottle of alcohol, lotion with BD's name, connections to Kansas and Nebraska...if this incident had happened earlier, I might think it was related to our Doe. The two men clearly crossed paths at some point since they are not one and the same!

Thanks.

That's...intriguing, to say the least.

I wonder if Mr. Ditton was in the habit of drinking with strangers in hotel rooms. Hmmm....

If he was at the older end of the estimated age range he'd have been born around 1923, so could have served in WWII. If at the younger end, he'd have been born c1928 so might well have served in Korea. It would be useful to know if the snake and dagger tattoos had any military significance.

The "Dorothy Jan 8, 1950" tattoo seems likely to commemorate either his wedding or the birth of a daughter.
I found Dorothy Maestas who was born January 8th 1950. She died in 2014 and in her obituary it doesn't mention her dad. I'd love to dig further into this but I have no idea what to do next.

I found Dorothy Maestas who was born January 8th 1950. She died in 2014 and in her obituary it doesn't mention her dad. If the tattoo is of a daughter this seems like a likely possibility.

I'd love to dig further into this but I have no idea what to do next.

Could it be Benjamin Franklin Gray? I *think* his wife was a Dorothy, however I believe the date for the marriage is 1948. Where he married and the locations associated with this doe could indicate travel between those locations.
Also both worse glasses and had a scar on the knee/thigh?

Just a thought.
1708494681289.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24