Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thoughts:
I’m not sure the murder was premeditated, but the kidnapping was. With the comments from the contractor, it sounds like he’s known of/or knew Mackenzie since at least April. He was probably obsessed with her and wanted to build a special torture chamber just for her. A place to hold her as his slave, not necessarily murder her. She felt comfortable enough to meet him at 3 am, and might have seen it as some kind of role-play game they were playing when he demanded that she turn off her phone. Once they got to his house, she either rejected his advances and he exploded in anger or there was BD/SM sex that went too far. IMO

while those incidents are all concerning, out of the millions of airbnb and other short term rentals (which existed well before airbnb) these types of incidents remain very, very rare. and also, I might point out, could also have happened in numerous other situations (like renting an apartment or room)
True. But the problem I have here is that Airbnb is a for-profit business that supposedly screens the hosts and therefore guests rent rooms and may be lured into a false sense of security thinking Airbnb has made sure the place - or at least the host - is safe.

True. But the problem I have here is that Airbnb is a for-profit business that supposedly screens the hosts and therefore guests rent rooms and may be lured into a false sense of security thinking Airbnb has made sure the place - or at least the host - is safe.
I don't think that an Airbnb is any less safe because it was discovered that 1 person out of thousands turned out to be bad. There are banks that have hired people that passed the background check then robbed the place. If I remember right, the sexual assault allegations came after he started hosting people. His place had many positive reviews and nothing that threw up any red flags. I am not sure that once someone passes a background check that Airbnb keeps checking them. I think like most companies that have criminal employees, when things come to light they are just as shocked as others.

To refute AA's claims that he didn't know what MacKenzie looked like, LE stated that he had her profile photos in his phone.
What I took from that is communication prior to June 16th (if there was any) did not suggest they had met up in person previously; so the 3am meetup at Hatch park was their first in-person meeting?

Perhaps LE is just keeping any possible previous interactions close to the vest, or omitted it from the probable cause affidavit to keep it brief, but if there were evidence to support his having met up with her in person, wouldn't that have been on the documents as well?

<modsnip - confusing comment meant as an example but that appears to be a statement of fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
To refute AA's claims that he didn't know what MacKenzie looked like, LE stated that he had her profile photos in his phone.
What I took from that is communication prior to June 16th (if there was any) did not suggest they had met up in person previously; so the 3am meetup at Hatch park was their first in-person meeting?

Perhaps LE is just keeping any possible previous interactions close to the vest, or omitted it from the probable cause affidavit, but if there were evidence to support his having met up with her in person, wouldn't that have been on the documents as well?

<modsnip>
Sounds like he didn’t have any special photos just for him only the photos she had on her profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for AirBnB. If they had more elaborate screenings, would Kenzie still be alive today? No. just - possibly- would not have an AirBnB.

It's an irrelevant discussion. IMO.

And im still confused how anyone thinks that Airbnb could have screened for this. It sounds like the guy was a good liar and he had no known criminal history, so I dont know what more airbnb could do.

Haven’t posted much on this case- there’s just so many facets of it to absorb. But looking at all the pieces we have so far, here’s what possibly happened... Apologies if loooong.

ML knew AA for some time. We know at least 1 friend knew he existed in her life- & instinctively discussed red flags. ML dismissed these concerns. She said she had 2 SDs; I think AA may have been one of them. She stated she was SB online only, but may have made exceptions- and may have stated that to assure friends/family who expressed worries about this lifestyle. (She was open with her free thoughts/spirit- “free the nip” on main IG, SBSD on FB, so possibly prompted some conversations). AA did not meet her at airport (because of video surveillance), & instructed her to take Lyft to park (because of Lyft driver/dispatch records). No gun/knife/injection/drug/chloroform/blow-to-the-head was involved in ML powering off her phone. Having met several times prior, “phones off” was a rule that had not created issues before. The car (non-wealthy/ non-flashy) did not raise red flags. He may have even impressed her with this because he was “investing” in assets (RE) more stable than autos. She entered his home willingly; he could have told her it was a duplex (up/down) rental property that he was living in while “renovating”. This would have made him seem responsible & financially savvy. He could have even told her he bought it for her & would be giving it to her- in lieu of monthly payments (the “real connection” in SB/SD lifestyle lingo). Maybe that’s why she had a tiny smile and hand over her chest in that airport photo. If he was a SD and the arrangement paid for 2x per week visits, she may have missed some being out of town for g’mas funeral. Hence the urgency. “C’mon I haven’t seen you for a whole week. I miss you. This isn’t our agreement. Just come as you are. You are beautiful especially when you are tired and in sweatpants. Besides, I have a huge surprise for you. I didn’t want to tell you until I saw you but... I bought you a house- for you & Nova! I really want you to see it... Yes right now. At 3 a.m.! I can’t wait”

Once inside conflict arose. Maybe about the 2nd SD. Maybe about the video cameras. Maybe about his sexual demands. Or maybe he just went strait to his fatal fantasy. Either way, I think she entered at her will & believe she was the “white Mormon girlfriend” he mentioned to the contractor. Where’d he get his money? From a variety of sources: job, AB&B rental, book sales, modeling, scam telemarketing, dark web sex video publishing, pimping, drugs? Probably several sources- they all add up.

This was in the works for several months. MOO, of course. We’ll be gathering more bits & pieces as legal proceedings unfold. I hope whatever is learned from this can be used to catch these SOBs faster, keep other young women safer, and become a legacy that honors the memory of Mackensie Lueck.

Oh Dear God, no...

Guys, can I pleaaase pretty pleeeeease ask in case there is going to be discussion involving animals that you pleasaase put a warning: Warning Graphic / Animals

Please. Thank you. :(

(Sorry for double post, I went into “autobot”.)
Yes, pleeeease!

I missed where he told a handyman about a white girlfriend. Do you know the source?

The cleaning woman, Tara, said that he discussed a "crazy" ex-girlfriend he'd just broken up with back in March (I take the crazy insinuation with a shaker of salt). I can't help but wonder if there was more of a connection between AA and ML. MOO.

Perhaps she was previously friends with him and “felt” safer in his car over outside in the middle of the night. I’m in my 30’s but when I was in college and in my early 20’s my friends and I made questionable choices. Some far worse than others. Not to mention we don’t know her mental state at the time.
I read these sad cases, and always wonder how I made it to 25. Young people make fun of us old geezers, but the era from about 1967 to 1975 was a lot crazier than it is now, with regard to young people openly taking risks. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060