UT - Shoppers Tackle Sex Offender Who Raped 4 y.o. In Store, 7 September 2010

Police are investigating the actions of the child assaulter prior to him attacking a defenseless 4 year old. LE wants to see if he has possibly hurt anyone else.

Information that our Dear Vegas Bride gave us about the poor mom checking the bathrooms is at link. Also it spells out he had a misdameanor back in 1999 for attempting to hurt a child. He did 90 days, folks. He also abided by the law and got him some counseling. Glad once again to see that worked. LE says he's facing some serious jail time and that short of murdering someone his crime is right up there.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12337564&autostart=y

BTW, I love those words, "held for police".

:innocent:That guy don't look like he has a scratch on him, Izzy. So they probably just tackled him and held him.

Nothing like that guy who raped that poor baby on her way to school here in Philadelphia. They beat that guy down. He was more afraid of the neighbors than the cops. Mind you I am not advocating vigilantism, but just stating the facts Ma'am.;)

So this was permitted to plea to a MISDEMEANOR down from a second-degree felony in the previous case??

I'm guessing it's because the state claims they didn't want to put the victim through the additional trauma of going to trial, but this is obscene. It's no wonder these predators are loose to keep preying on our kids.

ITA!! It's completely absurd that a missing DOG can be tracked in this country w/microchips, but not a missing CHILD??! Big Brother be damned, I would be one of the first to line up for this technology!!

No, a missing dog cannot be TRACKED by its microchip. It's simply a chip that can be scanned once a dog is found to determine who it belongs to. There is a bulky tracking device used for dogs that is attached to a collar. There also is a smaller tracking device that can be used for children - way too big to implant, but can be placed on a shoe, in a backpack, etc. One of the issues with those devices is that they require batteries, and batteries do wear out and/or need to be charged frequently.

No, a missing dog cannot be TRACKED by its microchip. It's simply a chip that can be scanned once a dog is found to determine who it belongs to. There is a bulky tracking device used for dogs that is attached to a collar. There also is a smaller tracking device that can be used for children - way too big to implant, but can be placed on a shoe, in a backpack, etc. One of the issues with those devices is that they require batteries, and batteries do wear out and/or need to be charged frequently.

A microchip does just yield information when scanned by a vet, and you're right they can't track them just with that chip, but there ARE implantable devices..just not in the US yet.

They have working models in different countries....I'll go to Europe or wherever if I have to, until they approve in the US. It's about the size of a grain of rice. Here's one article about them:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2041333820080822?sp=true

Wow...that's amazing. That is the first I have heard of that kind of device. Thanks!

Another article from today. Apparently this guy was a "model" reformed sex offender. THEY NEVER REFORM OR CHANGE.

Frightening anecdotes of rampant unsupervised children in that store. It sort of paints a picture of the casual, trusting environment.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50247545-76/randall-store-girl-wrote.html.csp?page=2

Another article about how they praised his "recovery".
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50247545-76/randall-store-girl-wrote.html.csp

There is no casual, trusting environment.

Luck of the draw? The kids that allegedly got dropped off in that store to play and mom was coming back for them most likely were safe. This little girl who politely asked her mom if she could look at the toys gets kidnapped.

Bottom line. Watch your da*n kids. I blame the Sex Offender. I blame the Judicial system. I am not blaming the parent. However, stop what you're doing and watch your kids. I doubt it would have been avoidable that the guy wasn't going to grab a kid. It happened to be that little girl because he scoped out who she was with and where mom was and got the child alone.

Reality. I know it s*cks.

Thankfully still incarcerated!

Prayers that his victim is now a survivor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back