UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

Just watched Oxygen show. This is probably THE most messed up case I have ever heard about. I knew of the missing mom and then the murder suicide of the dad and boys but, man, I didn't know all these other wacked details. That SP was one messed up dude and HE caused the destruction of the 2 families (and is responsible for 5 dead family members IMO). And little missy needs good shake (or smack) to wake up about her dear old dad and brother.

Just watched Oxygen show. This is probably THE most messed up case I have ever heard about. I knew of the missing mom and then the murder suicide of the dad and boys but, man, I didn't know all these other wacked details. That SP was one messed up dude and HE caused the destruction of the 2 families (and is responsible for 5 dead family members IMO). And little missy needs good shake (or smack) to wake up about her dear old dad and brother.
I asked Dave Cawley if this doc was going to reveal anything different than what his podcast did. He said in his opinion, no. Except Alina now claims Michael was killed despite evidence that he committed suicide. Oxygen cut up her interview and never mentioned the jump was caught on video.

So I assume they turned that over to LE?

How many of you think Susan will ever be found?

I'm still not convinced she's out there... however Jason surely has his reasons for looking out there.

I'm sure everything was marked with GPS coordinates, secured and turned over. I do wish it involved LE or family but a search is still a search.

I see there’s not much action on these threads lately but was wondering if anyone has listened to the Cold Podcast? It’s 18 episodes free at https://wondery.com/shows/cold/ or on any podcast app (plus 3 bonus episodes for $5). It’s a very, very thorough look at Susan’s case. The hosts is a journalist and provides a lot of background on Josh & the Powell family. Tons of clips from Steve’s interviews with LE and excerpts from his and Josh’s journals. He interviews Jennifer Powell, Ellis Maxwell and just about everyone involved in the case. I learned a lot I had never read before. I highly recommend it to everyone interested in Susan’s case.

Rip, Susan, Braden, and Charlie!upload_2019-9-13_15-20-43.jpeg

images

Hello,

I heard about the Dateline show this afternoon, and watching now.

I am anxious to hear from Susan's father, Mr. Cox.

This is one of the most heartbreaking cases I have followed.

I will check back in after the show.

Hello,

Did anyone watch the Dateline show this evening?
I got interrupted at one part and missed something and I have a question.

This is JMO … but I think LE had enough circumstantial evidence to arrest Josh for Susan's disappearance and murder. Yes, Josh lawyered up, but the blood on the sofa, Josh having Susan's cell phone, the midnight camping trip in 20 degree with weather with 2 young boys, etc., should have been enough to arrest him. And of course, LE and the DA wanted the body.

I hope the Cox's WIN their suit against the social services agency - those boys should have never been allowed to be with Josh, even supervised.

Such a heartbreaking case. I hope that one day, Susan is found.

Hello,

Did anyone watch the Dateline show this evening?
I got interrupted at one part and missed something and I have a question.

This is JMO … but I think LE had enough circumstantial evidence to arrest Josh for Susan's disappearance and murder. Yes, Josh lawyered up, but the blood on the sofa, Josh having Susan's cell phone, the midnight camping trip in 20 degree with weather with 2 young boys, etc., should have been enough to arrest him. And of course, LE and the DA wanted the body.

I hope the Cox's WIN their suit against the social services agency - those boys should have never been allowed to be with Josh, even supervised.

Such a heartbreaking case. I hope that one day, Susan is found.
IMO LE felt they had enough evidence even without Susan’s body. It was the prosecutor(s), who felt they couldn’t get a guilty verdict, that derailed an arrest. LE presented the case to prosecutors more than once but they declined to prosecute and sent them back to get more evidence. Ellis Maxwell tried his best to get this case to a jury.

It never fails to sicken me and make me feel so very sad...the damage that the elder Powell inflicted on all of his children. The hell that Susan (and the boys) had to deal with every day from her warped husband and his depraved father. Evil has a face, and it sometimes looks like an affable, clean-cut, next-door neighbor type. Roast in hell, Steven.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back