UT UT - Timothy Parry, 19, disabled, Cedar City, 17 July 1989

Could both brothers have been afflicted with the same syndrome? That the brothers were in the same class, ZP being older, indicates he may have had intellectual impairments, too.
Thats what I was thinking. It could explain why ZP passed at such an early age. The two just looked so much alike! Like they might be twins. o_O

I thought the same thing: they looked so much alike, they could pass as twins.
If they were both intellectually & physically challenged, I imagine caring for them could get overwhelming.

This case is so very heartbreaking and I tried finding additional information on Tim’s disappearance. I’m afraid I’m just left with more questions (and concerns)... maybe someone can help me put these pieces together as I don’t want to speculate much on something I’m not sure about.

I found several news articles but one in particular caught my attention. It mentions another missing person (young woman) who disappeared around the same time as Tim and was thought to have possibly been with Tim at some point! There’s a few more details in the article.

I tried looking for additional photos of him on Ancestry/Classmates and found something interesting. His brother, who passed away in 1991 (ZP), appeared in the same yearbook and class as Tim. I’m including photos of both. (FWIW- ZP was born in ‘67 and Tim in ‘69 - from records I’ve seen and one member’s public tree...)

I’m not sure what my theory is or even where to look now, but I feel something is being left out of this story...

View attachment 222829
Name: Timothy Parry
Estimated Age: 16
Birth Year: abt 1969
Yearbook Date: 1985
School: South High School
School Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

View attachment 222830
Name: Zeno Parry
Estimated Age: 16
Birth Year: abt 1969
Yearbook Date: 1985
School: South High School
School Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

It looks like Tim's Dad and brother were both named Zeno. Brother Zeno died in his sleep. Here is Zeno's gravesite. Very sad. Unless he had pain all his life due to his condition and died in peace:

Zeno Bruce Parry, II (1967-1991) - Find A Grave...

Did Zeno and Tim have similar medical conditions?

Satch

@Satch That's what I was trying to figure out. I can't find much about either boy, specifically how exactly he died. I just can't stop thinking about this case. It is very sad. No matter what, I certainly hope he didn't/isn't suffering. Someone up thread ( think it was here) mentioned Racine County JD and my heart sunk.

I think that Ancestry info about Zeno's age in the yearbook pic is incorrect. Looking at the yearbook, I think he was a senior in '85. His gravestone lists his DOB as 3 May 1967, which should make him about 2 years older than Tim.
That said, they do look a lot alike, and it's possible they both had medical issues.

Here is a link to the article about the remains: Skeletal human remains found near Cedar City

I'm not familiar with the area, so I could be way off, but, according to google maps, it's approx 4 miles distance between the trailhead where the remains were found and from where Tim went missing. A previous news article stated his residence was 5700 Airport Rd, but all I could find was a N. Airport Rd, so that is what I used to determine the distance. It could be closer or further away, but either way, it doesn't appear to be too far. If he were heading toward the highway, as one article stated, it's nearly a straight shot to the entrance of the trailhead. So, it surprises me the article would state this, unless they know for sure it was female or a different race:
“As far as we can tell, it doesn’t fit in with any missing persons cases here in Iron County,” Carpenter said.

Refreshing Tim’s thread…

Timothy's mom passed away this year. They had moved from Cedar City to the SL area. Here is her obit as well as his brother's obit. It is interesting in the brother's obituary that they say Timothy is "perhaps" deceased since "walking away"...

Brother:
DEATH: ZENO BRUCE PARRY II

Mom:
Jeanette L Parry Obituary

Last edited:
OK. Throwing this out for consideration,

According to Grandma's diary,

Grandpa went to "The camp for retarded kids" the day BEFORE Tim vanished. Tim vanished during the night. Could this have happened:

The family loved Tim deeply, but because of the scope of his disability and the care that he needed, could no longer provide for him. Maybe Tim was having problems at home and was a high risk of hurting himself. Grandpa goes to this kids camp shortly before Tim "leaves home." Could the grandfather have discussed with Tim's parents about Tim going to the camp? Maybe Tim knew he was about to go to the camp, didn't want to go, and just ran away?

Now, we need to know why Tim's grandfather went to the camp and specifically any connection to Tim for his grandfather being there.

Satch
Still considering that what I wrote in the second paragraph is what happened.

Satch

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back