UT - Trooper Shot In The Back - Saved By Vest - Suspect Suicide

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
Sgt. Paul Kotter, a 15-year veteran and the man in charge of training new recruits, was wearing his bulletproof vest when 21-year-old Drew Morgan Moyer, of Layton, allegedly fired at least three shots at him as the trooper turned to walk back to his patrol car.

-----------------------

The incident began about 2 a.m. near Hill Field Road and state Route 193. Kotter and three other troopers were working an overtime shift in a construction zone, essentially staying with their patrol vehicles with the red and blue lights flashing to prompt motorists to slow down.

Moyer reportedly drove out of a nearby apartment complex and into an area of the construction zone that was closed to the public, Fuhr said. He pulled up next to Kotter.

Fuhr said Kotter could smell alcohol on Moyer's breath and told him he couldn't be in that area. Kotter is believed to have collected information from Moyer he planned to run on the laptop in his patrol car when he was shot as he walked back.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=36210030&ni...uhp-trooper-shot-multiple-times&s_cid=queue-8

Are you kidding me??? What the heck is going on in the US?

Given that he was just working in a construction zone, he is very lucky.
I'm guessing many officers in such a low crime area wouldn't wear a vest for that. :twocents:

Given that he was just working in a construction zone, he is very lucky.
I'm guessing many officers in such a low crime area wouldn't wear a vest for that. :twocents:

Given the rate of cops being shot these days, they should all be wearing them on-duty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back