Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Jim_M

Reaction score
>...then told her: ‘We all have to die sometime'

Utah man allegedly hit girl, 11, with car then told her: ‘We all have to die sometime'

Posted Jun 03 2019 06:30AM CDT

Updated Jun 03 2019 06:33AM CDT

(FOX NEWS) - A 19-year-old Utah driver struck an 11-year-old girl on an electric scooter Friday, overturned the vehicle, then charged at her after the crash and said: “we all have to die sometime,” according to a witness cited in court documents.

The driver, identified as Steven Ray Becky, allegedly tried to flee the area, but a witness held him down until police arrived, the Salt Lake Tribune reported. Asked by investigators why he hit the girl, Becky allegedly said: “because she was white.”

Much more at link!

Completely stoned and attempting murder. The crazies keep getting crazier IMO!

Responding officers said the suspect’s attitude and statement to the girl led them to believe he’d intentionally hit her, the Tribune reported. Becky later admitted to being high on Xanax, marijuana, LSD and psychedelic mushrooms, according to a probable cause statement cited by Fox 13.

Utah man allegedly hit girl, 11, with car then told her: ‘We all have to die sometime'

Draper Police say Becky knew the child, who was a friend of his young cousin.

Becky tried to leave, the statement says, and was detained by the witness. Arriving officers noticed what they characterized as Becky’s “erratic behavior.”

“The behavior was described as uncooperative, aggressive,and non sympathetic towards the child victim,” charging documents say. “From Becky’s actions and statements, Officers believed he was impaired by an unknown substance(s).” Police: Driver who admitted hitting Draper girl on purpose now charged with attempted aggravated murder | Gephardt Daily

Ya know, this is why I think I love true crime. I never ever want to see anyone hurt/killed, however, we spend so much time debating if the boyfriend/husband did it (and they usually did) but sometimes the world is just full of weirdos.

(This also doesn't help with the general anxiety that something bad will happen to me for no reason. Yet, thus is life)

Editing to add: Do we know if the 11-year-old is ok? The one article just says "serious injuries"... prayers for her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
critters
Back