VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of the articles from last night LEO stated surprise at finding her car in that location. I wonder if her phone pinged in a location farther away. Cannot find that article now.

In Nurse's article above is this promising info... The agents are interviewing everyone from pedestrians to workers at nearby businesses. WDBJ7's Nadine Maeser reports that security cameras at a nearby shopping center point to the movie theater parking lot.

I think the headline on this article is somewhat misleading. LE states that there is no current information linking the two cases - not that there is no link. It also starts off by stating "despite some similarities in the cases" and also goes on to insinuate that those similarities are the reason the FBI is the lead (which, despite the state official being the media contact in this article, it clearly states that the FBI is the lead inveetigating agency).

Agreed. It's very very early in the investigation. However, this might indicate that the FBI was called in so quickly b/c of the possible cybercrime instead of just b/c of the similarities to the Harrington case. But I wouldn't rule out that they aren't related.

I think it's safe to say this girl did not run away and they believe there is some kind of foul play involved.

Just seems odd that they would contact the Harringtons if they didn't suspect something, regardless of whether they have actual evidence.

Is anyone able to verify when Cheatham was in jail and when he was not? Vinelink is slightly confusing. It gives a release date in July 2013, but a booking date of March 2013. Was he out prior to that?

So many times authorities waste valuable time when a teen goes missing, at first calling them a "possible runaway". I think there has to be some really strong evidence that there was foul play in the case of Alexis, because I have not seen or heard anyone call her a possible runaway. Good they got right on it and did not waste time. Sure hope it pays off and they find her safe and get her home.

Is anyone able to verify when Cheatham was in jail and when he was not? Vinelink is slightly confusing. It gives a release date in July 2013, but a booking date of March 2013. Was he out prior to that?

Nevermind. Just searched Appomattox County.

I believe he was a free man at the time of the Harrington murder.

Folks, this is interesting.

But wouldn't his DNA match?

According to the article they already have the DNA of Morgan Harringtons murderer, I would assume they would have already eliminated him as well, or they could easily eliminate him.

Nevermind. Just searched Appomattox County.

I believe he was a free man at the time of the Harrington murder.

Folks, this is interesting.

I wonder if they have him on video at the Liberty gas station. Then again, if he got her there, then his car would've had to have been left there. Since his car is evidently still missing, then probably not.

I suppose I should just say I wonder if they have anything - tied to him or not - from the Liberty gas station. It seems to me that for them to be so confident early on that something happened to her, they must have clear evidence of a crime. Like, for example, video. Or perhaps even a distress call/text.

According to the article they already have the DNA of Morgan Harringtons murderer, I would assume they would have already eliminated him as well, or they could easily eliminate him.

This may be why the FBI is out in full force looking for him, even if it is unrelated. His DNA may have matched, making them the lead agency on that murder. Otherwise, it would be a local crime, no?

Could also be the reason they were so quick to contact the Harringtons about this case.

I don't remember everything about the Harrington case, but I am suprised they had DNA. Her body was not found for months afterwards and if I remember correctly we had a lot of snow that winter.

If his DNA matched to MH he would not have gotten out of prison or am I missing something?

If his DNA matched to MH he would not have gotten out of prison or am I missing something?

Did they take DNA samples in 1991 when his violent offense occurred? Do they take DNA for DUI's and minor drug possession?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysonsmother