Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 2246DFVA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2246dfva.html

Anita Marie Gunn
Missing since August 31, 1990 from Chesterfield County, Virginia
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: July 1953
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark hair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Anita Gunn has been missing since August 31, 1990. She last spoke to her sister by phone around 20.00 that day.
Gunn told her sister she had just finished having dinner with her estranged husband and they were going to his home to work out their marital problems.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Chesterfield County / Colonial Heights Crime Solvers
748-0660

Source Information:
Chesterfield County/Colonial Heights Crime Solvers

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gunn_anita.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1088/1/
NamUs profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

http://www.chesterfieldobserver.com...Police_taking_new_look_at_unsolved_cases.html
September 16, 2009

snipped:

Anita Marie Gunn, 37, was last seen on Aug. 31, 1990, after leaving her home in the Shady Hill Trailer Park in the 6700 block of Jefferson Davis Highway.

Police are investigating the possibility of some connection among the three women.
More at link.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/218177
Tuesday, September 08, 2009

snipped:

The recent discovery of Pamela Sue Dodson's remains after she vanished more than eight years ago has jump-started police interest in the disappearances of five other Chesterfield County women over the past 20 years.

Three of those women, including Dodson, disappeared between 1990 and 2001 within a one-mile radius in the county's Bensley area along the Jefferson Davis Highway corridor. Dodson's remains were discovered in that same area, as was another woman's body in a case that was solved in 2001.

"I don't immediately jump on the serial-killer bandwagon" theory in explaining their disappearances, Chesterfield County police Capt. Terry Patterson said last week. "But I do find it fairly strange that all these things happened so close to each other."

Note: Anita is discussed in the article above, more at link. I couldn't snip more of content because of TOS.

Anita has been missing almost 20 years. I did see someone who said they were her daughter comment on some blog entries about Anita, and Anita's children still seek answers about their Mother.

Come home soon.

Attachments

• Anita Marie Gunn.bmp
    52.2 KB · Views: 14
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/247ufva.html

247UFVA1.jpg

Unidentified White Female

Discovered on February 13, 1991 in Frederick County, Virginia.
Death occurred late summer or early fall of 1990.
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" - 5'6"; 114 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length blonde or light brown hair.
Dentals: Available. Extensive work.
Clothing: Wearing olive colored hiking shorts, a red tank top and a black short sleeve knit sweater.
Case History
The victim was located in a Vacant lot off Timberidge Trail.
Boys riding bikes found a partially decomposed body cover under brush, leaves and rocks on an undeveloped lot in Shawnee land subdivision in Winschester, Virginia.

I see the facial similarities of the nose in the reconstruction v the real life photo... Chesterfield is down near Richmond, but a short hop onto 64 and then a few hundred miles up 81 you hit Winchester, easily.

247UFVA
Unidentified White Female

Discovered on February 13, 1991 in Frederick County, Virginia.
Death occurred late summer or early fall of 1990.
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" - 5'6"; 114 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length blonde or light brown hair.
Dentals: Available. Extensive work.
Clothing: Wearing olive colored hiking shorts, a red tank top and a black short sleeve knit sweater.
Case History
The victim was located in a Vacant lot off Timberidge Trail.
Boys riding bikes found a partially decomposed body cover under brush, leaves and rocks on an undeveloped lot in Shawnee land subdivision in Winschester, Virginia.

I see the facial similarities of the nose in the reconstruction v the real life photo... Chesterfield is down near Richmond, but a short hop onto 64 and then a few hundred miles up 81 you hit Winchester, easily.

Strong PM, imo. Did you ever submit this to NamUs/LE?
Original
247UFVA.jpg

I came to Anita's thread to propose this Jane Doe as a PM. The timeline and distance may be problematic. Neither profile has much info to compare but age and height are close. The visual comparison, especially the nose, eyes, and face shape, bear a resemblance, imo. Then I saw Astridxx's PM and am now doubting this but thought I'd post it anyways for future reference. ;)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Circumstances of Recovery - Skeletal remains of unknown female found at above location by children playing in the area.
Original
Original

I feel like NamUs #UP63553 bears a resemblance: upload_2020-6-11_12-42-27.png upload_2020-6-11_12-42-44.png upload_2020-6-11_12-44-28.png

Both had a broken nose at some point.
NamUs has the UP listed as a female, however UP identified as William Windsor.
Charleyproject has Williams as one of Anita's potential aliases.
I wonder if Anita decided to live as a man to hide from an abusive husband?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back