VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I said I would help y'all out with an experiment with the card, and I have finally completed it.
Mom2six in the previous thread had some great outlines on some pictures of AJ's card from the search obtained by WH, or the nephbro, ?? (I'm still so unclear on that whole ordeal) Also, I am not as savvy as that! :yourock:
My husband brought me the dullest tinsnips he owns(with his hobby he uses them to cut aluminum ALL the time, so, they get pretty dull really easily), which at first I thought :sigh:, but then after I re-reviewed moms pictures, I thought wellllll maybe I will try to cut the card a similar way.
I cut the card along the bottom in a way that would show my name, obviously it isn't a 'credit card' just an old grocery store card I never use anymore, but you guys get the gist. Then I thought I would cut it along the other side, 'cleanly', if that makes sense. Then, I thought, what if I cut it thinking, "I'll make this look like it was staged." Just some ideas. HTH!

Great job! Have you compared the edges of your card to AJ's? I wonder if there are similarities.

Great job!

I think its clear that the cut would vary depending on how sharp the snips are and agree with mom2six above.

The important thing IMO is that homicide has this information because if snips were used they should be able to test them. Im no expert on forensics but you would think that they would be able to find microscopic pieces of light blue plastic on the cutting surfaces if they were used to cut the card in question.

Great job!

I think its clear that the cut would vary depending on how sharp the snips are and agree with momofsix above.

The important thing IMO is that homicide has this information because if snips were used they should be able to test them. Im no expert on forensics but you would think that they would be able to find microscopic pieces of light blue plastic on the cutting surfaces if they were used to cut a card.

Fantastic point! Most of the snips I'm familiar with are kinda toothy. I bet there would be particles remaining.

The other point I wanted to make is that earlier someone asked why WH would use snips knowing they would implicate him?

Criminals do stupid things like that all the time for a variety of reasons. Sometimes its arrogance, sometimes its them being reactive to a situation, sometimes its because they dont have the time to think things through.

Thankfully, its usually these little mistakes that end up catching them.

Given what weve seen of WH and what we know of his drug addiction, he doesnt strike me as someone who is capable of thinking things through far enough to arrive at a logical conclusion.

Else he wouldnt be in jail right now.

LE are usually pretty careful about what they do in this regard. I mean, 99.99% of the time, they don't make a move unless it's backed up by following proper protocol. So I would venture to guess, YES, they had a formal right to search. I do find it interesting though that on the MP report (first page, cover letter to the person who requested it) it clearly states:

"all other records... relate to a pending investigation. These records are exempt from disclosure... and therefore will not be released"

View attachment 72216

Is this common in a basic, missing person's report? In my experience in following cases like this, no, no it's not. Supporting info such as what the person was wearing, where last seen, other items missing, etc., is not redacted from public knowledge. Cover letters don't come with language such as this one. In my personal opinion? LE knows AJ isn't just a "missing person". They know full on the family has lied, withheld vital info, and God knows whatever else.

The Hadsell family wants us (the public) to think they need our help. I don't think LE feels the same way.

moo.

I agree with everything you said. A couple different issues pertaining to the hotel search:
1. WH said he was already in custody when they searched his hotel. How does that affect the need for a warrant?
2. It is a hotel, not his home, and no one else was living there (that we know of). Could LE simply say that he is in custody and they need to go inside? If hotel management allows them entry, is that enough?

I have no idea what the laws are when a subject is already in custody, and/or the place of residence is a hotel, not a leased apartment or a home, etc.

And of course, if there was a warrant, it would be sealed, so we wouldn't know anyway.

Great job!

I think its clear that the cut would vary depending on how sharp the snips are and agree with momofsix above.

The important thing IMO is that homicide has this information because if snips were used they should be able to test them. Im no expert on forensics but you would think that they would be able to find microscopic pieces of light blue plastic on the cutting surfaces if they were used to cut a card.

You're right. The sharper the tool, the cleaner the edge. I was thinking that scissors, box cutters, etc. would have a different cut pattern and if it would be possible to narrow the tool used with just the naked eye. For our benefit at least.

If snips were used, I imagine there would be trace evidence left behind.

I think some of us, after discovering what kind of creepy Drama Show represented AJ's home life really was, began to wonder if she was just fed up with the tension and bailed on her own. I don't think anyone would blame her if she did, but based on the way things have gone so far, I don't believe she actually did that.

Sadly, I don't think so either.

I was trying to figure out the behavior of JH and where I have seen it before.
It was at a funeral for our director at work. Her family was really out there. Out of touch, sarcastic regarding their departed sister, did not mention her many accomplishments at the funeral, etc.
No one at work could understand it. How bizarre the funeral was.
It was anger. Livid anger at the deceased.
That is EXACTLY what I see in JH.
She is furious beyond belief with AJ.
And I want to know why, dammit.

I want to be very careful here because per WS TOS, JH is a victim. That acknowledged, I will say this...

She appears to have a short fuse.
A temper no one really wants to deal with.
Someone you do NOT say "no" to or disagree with, without backlash/debate/argument, etc.
A person in need of control of all situations.

In certain business settings, this is genuinely a successful character trait. A genuine go-getter, taking charge, etc. Sadly, also usually despised by those who are their subordinates (and take to social media to tell the world how much they hate their boss because of this), but admired by those who are often cut-throat (in a business sense) themselves.

However, in a familial setting, dealing with teens, it's an entirely different ballgame. Now this is entirely speculation here but I think in some way, AJ dared to defy JH in a context that JH was not prepared to bend on. For reasons unknown, JH layed down the law, and AJ lost her case.

At which point... did AJ pack up and head out Dodge? Or, did someone meet up with AJ as she was heading out? Or... I have several theories here but until or unless LE names JH as a POI or suspect I don't feel comfortable going forward with what I'm seeing. And I fully admit, I could be ENTIRELY wrong here, but from all I've seen and read, this is where I am.

moo.

LE are usually pretty careful about what they do in this regard. I mean, 99.99% of the time, they don't make a move unless it's backed up by following proper protocol. So I would venture to guess, YES, they had a formal right to search. I do find it interesting though that on the MP report (first page, cover letter to the person who requested it) it clearly states:

"all other records... relate to a pending investigation. These records are exempt from disclosure... and therefore will not be released"

View attachment 72216

Is this common in a basic, missing person's report? In my experience in following cases like this, no, no it's not. Supporting info such as what the person was wearing, where last seen, other items missing, etc., is not redacted from public knowledge. Cover letters don't come with language such as this one. In my personal opinion? LE knows AJ isn't just a "missing person". They know full on the family has lied, withheld vital info, and God knows whatever else.

The Hadsell family wants us (the public) to think they need our help. I don't think LE feels the same way.

moo.

When I spoke to detectives this morning at Norfolk PD to pass along the tinsnips tip, I was passed directly to homicide. Their words, not mine.

Make of that what you will.

When I spoke to detectives this morning at Norfolk pd to pass along the tinsnips tip, I was passed directly to homicide. Their words, not mine.

Make of that what you will.

Hey all, just joining and catching up. Great stuff, thank you.

I'm finally caught up... I really don't know what to think at this point. I have multiple theories(all of these have been stated by others, so no need to type them out) and I'm really just hoping for a positive outcome, even though LE referring everything to homicide detectives is giving me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I agree with everything you said. A couple different issues pertaining to the hotel search:
1. WH said he was already in custody when they searched his hotel. How does that affect the need for a warrant?
2. It is a hotel, not his home, and no one else was living there (that we know of). Could LE simply say that he is in custody and they need to go inside? If hotel management allows them entry, is that enough?

I have no idea what the laws are when a subject is already in custody, and/or the place of residence is a hotel, not a leased apartment or a home, etc.

And of course, if there was a warrant, it would be sealed, so we wouldn't know anyway.

Stoner v. California

The Supreme Court ruled the search of his hotel room without a warrant was incident to his arrest therefore permissible.

A response to asking about the Hadsells owning a dog... Can any locals answer this? Someone else asked on the BAJH fb page and was harassed by other members and I believe called stupid for asking, but this could be a helpful tidbit of info!

Someone, somewhere following this case mentioned how search warrants on private property and public hotels/motels are a different issue, but I don't recall the specifics, or which thread it was. Maybe they'll see this and re-post? I know it varies from state to state (sometimes even county/county in the same state, ugh!), but most of the time hotel/motel owners (or franchisees) will be in full cooperation with LE when it's a criminal matter and especially when it involves a teenage girl).

UNLESS, they're a serious Sketch Bag Inn, that caters to primarily criminal elements in the first place. In which case, it's a game of CYA and "I'll need to speak with our attorney". In this case though, since LE did search the room and have disclosed at least finding the hidden ammo, my guess is they had legal protocol to do what they did.

Sometimes I get stuck on one little point and can't get around it - in this case, it's the gun. Why would WH say LE "would never find it"? I also wonder about the pictures WH had on his phone of AJ. It's hard for me to imagine LE would say those things to him about how he felt about her and be accusing in that way if there wasn't something to it. That and her phone pinging at his hotel just creeps me out.

JMO but, I take him saying they'll "never find the gun" because it's with AJ and he thinks they'll never find her.

sorry to be so blunt, but I really can't shake the feeling that he's done something terrible to her.

I really, really hope I'm wrong.

I am new here and have multiple theories as well. I have been reading all night to catch up - cannot stop thinking of her and wanting justice and peace for her. I do not know her but live pretty close by. I do not think she ever left the house that morning and I find it interesting that WH mentioned how she went 'above and beyond' on her chores that morning. (WVEC interview) I have looked at map after map and tracked speed, time and distance until my eyes hurt, I pray that answers are just around the corner for her and her loved ones and I pray that God moves in people's lives to give them courage to tell the truth.

Someone, somewhere following this case mentioned how search warrants on private property and public hotels/motels are a different issue, but I don't recall the specifics, or which thread it was. Maybe they'll see this and re-post? I know it varies from state to state (sometimes even county/county in the same state, ugh!), but most of the time hotel/motel owners (or franchisees) will be in full cooperation with LE when it's a criminal matter and especially when it involves a teenage girl).

UNLESS, they're a serious Sketch Bag Inn, that caters to primarily criminal elements in the first place. In which case, it's a game of CYA and "I'll need to speak with our attorney". In this case though, since LE did search the room and have disclosed at least finding the hidden ammo, my guess is they had legal protocol to do what they did.

A hotel here in Richmond was just busted for having a meth lab inside. I get the feeling that America's Best Value Inn is the same sort of hotel.

Wh's need to park his work vehicle at his estranged wifes house, kinda backs that up as well.

I am new here and have multiple theories as well. I have been reading all night to catch up - cannot stop thinking of her and wanting justice and peace for her. I do not know her but live pretty close by. I do not think she ever left the house that morning and I find it interesting that WH mentioned how she went 'above and beyond' on her chores that morning. (WVEC interview) I have looked at map after map and tracked speed, time and distance until my eyes hurt, I pray that answer are just around the corner for her and her loved ones and I pray that God moves in people's lives to give them courage to tell the truth.

:welcome4:

always nice to see new people! thank you so much for your comments, please continue to contribute! it's always nice to have locals here. :)

I am new here and have multiple theories as well. I have been reading all night to catch up - cannot stop thinking of her and wanting justice and peace for her. I do not know her but live pretty close by. I do not think she ever left the house that morning and I find it interesting that WH mentioned how she went 'above and beyond' on her chores that morning. (WVEC interview) I have looked at map after map and tracked speed, time and distance until my eyes hurt, I pray that answers are just around the corner for her and her loved ones and I pray that God moves in people's lives to give them courage to tell the truth.

BBM

Welcome to websleuths!

I agree completely. I think the most plausible explanation for the 4:30am fight is AJ arriving home at that time. As a parent myself, I would be livid, especially with children asleep in the house. It wouldnt matter to me if she was 19 and living away from home most of the time or not.

If AJ did get mad and go to 7-11 (perhaps for cigarettes?) and arrive back at 5:30 am she would have likely been exhausted and went straight to sleep.

You bring up an EXCELLENT point about WH's comments "about her going over and above on her chores that day".

How would he know without stepping foot inside the house???? Or maybe he knew all along because he cleaned up after himself??

I'm starting to think she was still asleep at noon when WH rode by the house on his lunch break and noticed the truck hadnt been moved.............

BBM

Welcome to websleuths!

I agree completely. I think the most plausible explanation for the 4:30am fight is AJ arriving home at that time. As a parent myself, I would be livid, especially with children asleep in the house. It wouldnt matter to me if she was 19 and living away from home most of the time or not.

If AJ did get mad and go to 7-11 (perhaps for cigarettes?) and arrive back at 5:30 am she would have likely been exhausted and went straight to sleep.

You bring up an EXCELLENT point about WH's comments "about her going over and above on her chores that day".

How would he know without stepping foot inside the house???? Or maybe he knew all along because he cleaned up after himself??

I'm starting to think she was still asleep at noon when WH rode by the house on his lunch break and noticed the truck hadnt been moved.............

BBM...

OMG how did this never click for me before??? he wasn't supposed to be in the house, yet he commented on this. did anyone else overlook this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74