VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Zach said that 'her' texts were replies. He said his daughter texted AJ and she replied thast she was 'with friends.' :thumbsup:

I get so confused. I'm already tired of playing this game - LOL! :facepalm:

What I meant was, if WH was collaborating on the search and fb page and flyers and if he was communicating at all with AJ's mother, do you think he would have corrected the "last time seen" as being 7:00am, since he knew he saw her around noon or so at the gas station? If he remained quiet on that important fact, I wonder why?

Phoebeb, my reply button keeps multi-quoting so I can't reply to your post. Yes, I think it's probable that AJ's friends &/or family were involved with the FB page, but I don't know it for a fact.

I understand they wanted her friends on social media to "tag" #BringAJHome, which I completely understand. If my child (or friend) were missing, I would want the whole world to make it trend & help me get some answers, too. (Good example of careful what you wish for, I guess?)

JMO

Yes, ALMOST always…I can tell you of cases where it happened, however. I get sick to my stomach just thinking about those cases - they were too close to home.

I had assumed the texts were replies, not initiated. Someone else helped clarify that the text to her sister was initiated. (You can read my responses to others about that). As I've said already, I was just trying to play the "alternate suspect" game. In real life, my prime suspect is already behind bars! :)

OOPS -I think something was lost in translation. Zach said the text from AJ's cell was a REPLY. Little sis texted AJ first and she relied ' with friends.'

Yes, I know that sometimes home invasions involve kidnapping and moving the body. but they do not usually involve multiple texts to family members to cover ones tracks and buy more time. JMO

I think there is a chance that this was a random perp. But a very very small chance, imo.

Not yet, but I went to look and saw an updated article. Read the last sentence and follow the link. Well, actually if anyone here is on blood pressure meds then don't...

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/09/human-re...-county-confirmed-to-be-missing-norfolk-teen/

He's been promoting that for a while now. I'd love to see his credentials/experience for running such an endeavor. Maybe that's why exactly $0 dollars have been raised on the getmesomecash site for the same cause?

I'm always surprised at how many people don't use the passcode feature. I require my employees to use one on their work cell phones, but I have met resistance on that from some.
I use Android and stopped using the pass code a while ago. My phone is always on me, so I don't worry it much and prefer the convenience. For a work phone, though, there's no excuse.

He's been promoting that for a while now. I'd love to see his credentials/experience for running such an endeavor. Maybe that's why exactly $0 dollars have been raised on the getmesomecash site for the same cause?

Now he's promoting it as a law, which means it would be run by the government and he wouldn't profit by it at all.

Did you catch it? I can't find a link to it on the website.

I did watch it. It was nice. He shared baby pictures of her that he had. They did list his name. I can't find a link yet to the interview. When they post it, I will link it. I don't want to list his name here publicly until they do so. I don't want to get in trouble. :)

I'm thinking that anyone who had abducted AJ would have responded to her sister's text with: "with friends" if they were trying to buy time. I don't think it needed to be anyone that knew her.

My opinion only:

The text came from whoever took her away and had her phone.

1. They answered her sister's incoming text for no other reason than to buy time to get rid of her and her phone
2. The very act of answering that text tells me whoever it was does know her and the family. A stranger wouldn't feel the urgency to buy time since there's no connection between the two of them anyway.
3. They just said "friends" to cast a wide net of speculation without naming anyone.

If you think about it, not a single one of her friends has ever said they were with her on that Monday. NOT ONE OF THEM. They all took to social media early evening Tuesday (several hours before the missing persons report was ever filed with LE) to start trying to raise awareness that she was missing. Not one of them said anything like "omg we were just hanging out yesterday!" or "she stayed over on Monday now she's gone!". They said all sorts of other things, LOTS of other things about times they've hung out, what they were doing, what they were eating and places they go together, etc., but never once was there any mention of her being with any of them on that Monday.

To me, that points the suspect finger right back in the same place as it's been all along.

Also, to answer "with friends" makes sense if it was WH. Apparently, a lot of AJ's friends hung out at her house, so whoever sent the text wouldn't want to mess up and say a specific friend's name if that friend could possibly be at the house. Minor, I know, but someone also said earlier that by naming a friend, means that person could've just been contacted right away by JH or whomever.

Something that's always bothered me is that I called Jen and told her I thought I saw AJ and she said she would let LE know. I later spoke with Zach about it and he said he'd never heard about it. He also spoke with LE and they had never heard about my call either. Why would that be? Because they knew I couldn't have possibly saw her? Did Jen tell WH and he said he went there and no AJ?

WTKR - I saw it too, the biological father lives out of state and received a facebook message from AJ's mother asking if he had heard from AJ. He regrets he didn't get to know his daughter and that his relationship unraveled after AJ was born.

I did watch it. It was nice. He shared baby pictures of her that he had. They did list his name. I can't find a link yet to the interview. When they post it, I will link it. I don't want to list his name here publicly until they do so. I don't want to get in trouble. :)

You seem to be ignoring key problems with the timeline. And it is not because of reading comprehension issues with WS members. It is specifically because of Wes changing his story. FACT. Originally the family said she was last SEEN around 7 am. Later on, that timeline changed, when WH said he met her at lunchtime.

And why do you say that AJ was likely 'partying' in the early morning hours of Tuesday? Any evidence of that or a link?

And NO, that text saying 'with friends' was NOT an auto update, although a defense attorney might try that as an excuse.

Why do you say that LE knows that WH didnt do it? Apparently they interrogated him for 15 hours and accused him of doing so. Why would they do so if they thought he is innocent?

So Wes is as guilty as some on here at reading motivations into other people's minds? Off with his head!

Come on, you are smarter than this! Every parent of every missing/murdered child is the first one suspected by LE. He and JH just wanted AJ found, period. I'm sure that they felt like they weren't being treated the way they believed victims should be, that is, being kept completely informed of every single development in the investigation. That might be enough to make me assume that I was the prime suspect, too!

Criminal investigations don't work that way. You know that and I know that, but we can't expect every victim to realize that.

Welcome to the 21st century. LE can't release any info to anyone without weighing the risk that that info will be made available to the entire online world - including any real suspects - via social media in a matter of moments, especially if it involves young adults and teenagers. I understand that. I think you, too, get it, too.

Take a big deep breath and a step away from defending your opinions long enough to re-evaluate what you are basing them on. Please. There are some great minds on here. (I really do mean that.)

Lack of media and social media savvy is not evidence of anything. Not understanding how criminal investigations work from the POV of LE & victims is likewise not a crime.

JMO

I'm thinking that anyone who had abducted AJ would have responded to her sister's text with: "with friends" if they were trying to buy time. I don't think it needed to be anyone that knew her.

It did not necessarily have to be someone who knew her. But I think statistically, the random stranger perps, do not contact family and pretend to be the victims, or spend as much time covering their tracks, because they have NO CONNECTIONS that they have to cover up. if that makes sense? I know I have seen that in various articles. Random perps are not going to be as easily connected and do not have to do the same types of alibi support and timeline gymnastics as boyfriends and family members do. JMO

Hi Alice, Just wondering if you think WH was part of the facebook effort to find AJ and if he was in contact with his wife before the flyers and info went out that AJ was last seen at 7:00 a.m. Monday morning.

From thread #2 near the end, there were at least 2 different people (who, IMO, both had very good intentions and very much loved their daughters) distributing fliers. The info on those fliers didn't match. I do not fault either man for that. Errors happen. It doesn't mean they are attempting to mislead the investigation or the public.

JMO

So Wes is as guilty as some on here at reading motivations into other people's minds? Off with his head!

Come on, you are smarter than this! Every parent of every missing/murdered child is the first one suspected by LE. He and JH just wanted AJ found, period. I'm sure that they felt like they weren't being treated the way they believed victims should be, that is, being kept completely informed of every single development in the investigation. That might be enough to make me assume that I was the prime suspect, too!

Criminal investigations don't work that way. You know that and I know that, but we can't expect every victim to realize that.

Welcome to the 21st century. LE can't release any info to anyone without weighing the risk that that info will be made available to the entire online world - including any real suspects - via social media in a matter of moments, especially if it involves young adults and teenagers. I understand that. I think you, too, get it, too.

Take a big deep breath and a step away from defending your opinions long enough to re-evaluate what you are basing them on. Please. There are some great minds on here. (I really do mean that.)

Lack of media and social media savvy is not evidence of anything. Not understanding how criminal investigations work from the POV of LE & victims is likewise not a crime.

JMO

<modsnip> I'm not clear on what you're saying here. Who do you think is the perp if not WH? I'm a little behind...who are some other possible POIs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11