VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to walk about 2 to 3 miles a day with my dogs in my neighborhood. I have never seen an envelope or credit or debit card.

Tomorrow morning, take a walk around a residential block and see what you find on the ground.

I am 99.99% positive you will find at least one envelope.

Odds are better than 50-50 you will also find a debit/credit/gift card.

JMO

ETA - And I do not blame anyone whose child is missing for getting excited.

All the homeless people would be eating at Red Lobster

Maybe the debit card was broken during a lock picking exercise and then discarded.

As someone that locks themselves out on a fairly regular basis, a debit/credit card is not very good for B&E. They're too thick, not pliable and therefore *hard to break*. Laminated cards, like ID cards or those fake cards like the ones Xfinity sends in the mail are MUCH better for jimmying locks. :)

Wasn't AJ at college the week prior? BBM

He didn't "overhear" anything (IMHO, of course). He was going through her phone. He probably saw a text conversation about it between AJ and her bf and concocted the story about overhearing them and then getting money for her and everything else to fit in with the rest of the web of lies he told in that podcast (including the disgusting part about silently watching her die before she "departed his presence").

Why was it so important to say it took him hours? What was so sensitive to WH about a gopro? There's a nugget in there somewhere but I can't figure it out. Was it all smoke and mirrors to explain the money? If so, then why??

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gopro

The only thing I can think of is: LE was asking him some hard question about some internet searches he was doing.

Why was it so important to say it took him hours? What was so sensitive to WH about a gopro? There's a nugget in there somewhere but I can't figure it out. Was it all smoke and mirrors to explain the money? If so, then why??

Just accounting for his time. I'm guessing that he didn't actually show up for his job that day until late afternoon.

Could it be as simple as wanting to sound like such a good, devoted "dad" to AJ that he would make up this story about spending hours learning about something she wanted and then hand over the money for it as well (w. It's like he's writing a book and he's the main character.

I've wondered why he stressed the go pro so much, too. There may be more to it. I wish I was smart enough to make a connection. But all I can come up with is at one point he had a conversation with somebody about a go-pro, and planted it into a gap he needed to fill here. All just moo

I need to say this about that obit...

I've read some of the most weird, touching, creepy, heartbreaking, goofy, disturbing, hilarious obituaries over the years. NO ONE pens them exactly the same. Older folks tend to be more reserved and traditional, while others you're pretty much convinced were written by someone taking too hard of a hit off the bong (just being honest), and then others written to really capture the personality of the deceased. That being said, there really is no such thing as a socially acceptable obit, any more. It used to be pretty cut and dry but that hasn't been the case in a long time.

That bit about the bank at the end of AJ's obit? Yep, I've seen that tons of times in other people's obits. It only stood out to me in AJ's because I'm convinced there are some nasty money-grubbers closely attached to her inner circle. Other than leaving her sister's real names out, and the aunt too, nothing really stood out to me about that obit. In fact, if I didn't even know the family dynamic, NOTHING would have stood out to me.

moo.

Not sure what SeeAlice is referring to regarding envelopes, but the other poster was referring to evidence envelopes being taken by LE.

I walk my dog around residential areas twice a day. I have NEVER found any cut up gift cards or credit cards. Once I did find a wallet and returned it and found out it had been left on the roof of the car and the guy had been looking for it too.

I have not seen any envelopes in the 12 yrs i have been walking the dogs. And that is certainly not 99% of the time as you seem to predict. :waitasec:

I am a walker as well...never found an envelope or a gift card (I wish) or any other cards. Maybe a soda can here or there. That's about it.

He didn't "overhear" anything (IMHO, of course). He was going through her phone. He probably saw a text conversation about it between AJ and her bf and concocted the story about overhearing them and then getting money for her and everything else to fit in with the rest of the web of lies he told in that podcast (including the disgusting part about silently watching her die before she "departed his presence").

Yea good thinking about him reading this on her phone. Makes total sense.

Could it be as simple as wanting to sound like such a good, devoted "dad" to AJ that he would spend hours learning about something she wanted and then hand over the money for it as well. It's like he's writing a book and he's the main character.

I've wondered why he stressed the go pro so much, too. There may be more to it. I wish I was smart enough to make a connection. But all I can come up with is at one point he had a conversation with somebody about a go-pro, and planted it into a gap he needed to fill here. All just moo

Again, I think there was probably a conversation about a GoPro between AJ and bf on AJ's phone, so he concocted a story around it thinking that if they were actually discussing GoPros there would be a nugget of credibility in the whole story that would lead people not to question him.

I'm kinda leaning that way myself. I don't know if it was two initially but, I think at some point, a 2nd person came into the fold.

I should have clarified....one during and 2 after the fact.

And no, I don't regularly find LE envelopes stuffed with evidence from crime scenes when walking around my neighborhood.

Not too many people could get Nancy Grace to give them 1 minute of exposure to get their child's story out there. And what did he do? He lied on national tv to people about when he last seen her. He basically lied on the missing persons report as well for letting mom think 730 am was the last time seen. Iam surprised the interviewer didn't follow up on him about the gas station meet up and which gas station and why the mpr says 7am , etc etc.

Nancy Grace would have zoomed in on that immediately. Jmo

Does Grace know he lied to her? I'm surprised she's not screaming and yelling about how guilty he is. To her that would be rock solid case.

Cutting up the card could also be a way to make it look like someone "huffed off" and wanted to basically say, "now you can't track me..."

Since unlike a DL, ATM/debit/credit card transactions can be traced, whereas unless a DL is run it's not going to provide an electronic 'footprint.'

If someone wanted to make it look like someone took off voluntarily and perhaps in a huff and wanting to make it look like they didn't want to be found, leaving behind their traceable items such as ATM/debit/credit cards or electronics like a phone or computer, could 'make a statement.'

Where as leaving behind a DL or cutting up/destroying a DL wouldn't make the same statement if someone wanted to try to 'set a scene.' It'd only mean if the person took off they'd be driving without a license and nothing about making it easier or more difficult to locate them.

I could certainly see someone trying to not only plant 'evidence' in various places to steer an investigation certain ways (or certain it AWAY from certain places) or to try to steer it to focus on (or away from) certain people, they can equally try to plant certain evidence to try to steer the investigation toward a particular way of thing (runaway vs. victim, or stranger abduction vs. known abductor, etc.)

Somebody posted a guide for kids running away somewhere up thread, and one of the suggestions is cut up your cards. Hadsell, I think bought time by convincing AJ's mom that she was a runaway, it seems to me. Until, the ~2:30 pm after school 'thumb up emoji' text to her sister, to around 9 pm the next day she was considered to have argued with somebody and run off.

The WSers on this thread are champs. As fast as the threads move, it's so easy to pick out what to read, which is almost all of them. I agree with the much of what has been speculated thus far, at least two people if not more with strong ties are covering for each other. The scenario that comes to mind are one or two of these people could have been in the house when AJ was harmed and clean up of evidence took place. Then two or three people were involved with moving her to the house. In terms of awareness space, one of these people rather than the others would more likely know about airport car rentals and the house possibly, that person would more likely be from out of town. The other would either be part of the motive, the crime, or the clean up and with Hadsell in the house. Just a wild guess.

Could it be as simple as wanting to sound like such a good, devoted "dad" to AJ that he would spend hours learning about something she wanted and then hand over the money for it as well. It's like he's writing a book and he's the main character.

I think it's odd that WH "overheard" AJ talking on the phone about getting a go pro for her bf. First, he wasn't living in the house so when did he "overhear" the conversation? Also, most teenagers I've been around like a little privacy when they are on the phone and generally don't carry on cell phone conversations in the family room.

Also weird that it took him hours of research to find out what a go pro is. I'm not the most tech savvy but I figured out what A go pro is after about a minute of googling.

The go pro is a red herring, I only

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members