VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing catchup today....so only on page 10. Discussion is about motive, and a white truck. And WH's reaction to a divorce in the past.

Anyone here remember Barton Corbin and his wife Jennifer? He killed her and left her for the kids to find in the bed, thinking it would be a suicide, which at first police thought it was. She was divorcing him and he had found out she was having an online affair, only later was it revealed that the person Jennifer was talking to online was actually another woman, and not a man as Jennifer was lead to believe. At any rate, Barton Corbin had a girlfriend in dentistry school about 18 years prior to that, and the relationship was abusive to say the least. He put something in her contact solution bottle, I think it was hair spray, stalked her, threatened her, ruined a project she had to do, and she was found dead, ruled suicide. Well...the investigators went back, and he was charged with her murder! He had murdered them both for the same reason, if he couldn't have them, NO ONE WOULD!

I think WH's thinking was the same. JH had hurt him, and he felt rejected, and was losing his family. He knew how things had gone when JH and ZH had split, and he wanted no part of it. So he decided to hurt JH in the same way he was hurting. That's one of my motives.

Secondly, sadly, I think will have a sexual nature to it. Maybe AJ was going to tell on him about that, or AJ had was ending it, or he feared AJ would also reject him as JH was doing, and he wasn't about to stand back and let that happen!! I really hope there was no rape, but my gut is saying there probably was. AJ had a bf but according to her twitter, they rarely talked or saw each other, even when she came in from college. I don't think the bf was a 'threat' to WH, but someone else may have been! He wasn't about to lose her to anyone, including JH!

I don't put a whole lot of emphasis on the drugs being a motive. While the drugs may have contributed to the rage, or the manic state he was in, I don't think AJ knowing he was using drugs was new knowledge. Even though she was home on weekends only, I think she probably knew about the drugs, and JH probably knew as well.

I've known lots of bipolar people, who in a manic spell will do some inappriopriate things, become highly sexual, spend lots of money, drive to another state on impulse, etc., and I've seen some anger associated with mania, especially if confronted to trying to rationalize with them why an idea isn't the grandest idea, but I haven't known any to want to hurt someone, especially murder. Most that I know that become manic are extremely outgoing, heightened sexually, flirty, and impulsive.

I guess I just don't want people to view bipolars as someone who murders. I don't think that the norm at all. In a depressive state, they frequently will attempt suicide. The ones I know actually live for the highs, but know that what goes up, must come down and dread the dark depression about to hit after a high. I've known a few unmedicated, many that were non compliant because they hate taking the meds, feel the meds make them worse or zombie like, meds stop the mania or high feeling, or they feel better and think they don't need the meds. Again, I've seen the suicidal tendencies but not homicidal. Not saying it doesn't exist at all, but I don't think it's the majority, or I've just been lucky and never been around those that felt that way.

I've seen homicidal people from other illnesses though, and had to have my own father committed for it.

While that's a possibility, I would be surprised chatty WH hasn't leaked out something about that by now.

Agree. The man is facing 10 years without the murder charge for supposedly just helping bring evidence to light. But if he was covering for someone; Then the no bail plus possible long term jail sentence would have made him snitch on the responsible party by now.

Btw: Wes looks out for Wes and nobody else. So thanks for reminding the poster of that. Like you said; He would have leaked that info by now. Good job 2Hope4

I'm not so sure of the theory that if Wes couldn't have AJ no one could as far as a kidnapping situation unless it was sexual. Why wouldn't he try to take his own biological child from JH to hurt her and get back at her, why AJ? She is his bio child and the youngest, and I would think strike the most fear in JH over AJ.

Thank you, Zach for sharing pictures of your beautiful girls who are all their Daddy's girls. Peace be with you and the kids tonight, tomorrow and moving into the future. We will remember Angelica Marie.

:tyou: ((((Zach)))) for taking the time to link these beautiful images of Anjelica here on her thread.
:heart: :heartluv: :heart: :heartluv: :heart: :heartluv:
Her beautiful smile literally touches my heart, and I can feel your love for her. What a treasure, the memories you've made, the time shared throughout her formative years. I am of the opinion that you helped to shape her into the amazing, lovely young woman she became, and for that, I absolutely thank you.
As a single mom raising two girls on my own, I know how very important it is to have a strong, positive male role model in a girl's life. I had one, and I struggle knowing my girls are doing without. Every day she had with you was truly a gift!
I wish I had more than words and prayer to give you as support tomorrow. My girls and I plan to place flowers into the Pacific for Anjelica Marie :rose:
It is our family's traditional way of honor those who have gone before us.
#FlyHigh6
#JusticeForAJ
:floating:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wes isn't a saint by any means but he had to know that his history alone was going to make him the biggest suspect. The thing is, Wes isn't the only person that knew his history and how it would make him look. It wasn't even necessary to draw attention to oneself by pointing fingers at Wes because LE was going to have no choice but zero in on him first.
It also bothers me that we have a case where AJ's death really has been overshadowed by all the "who's the daddy" jockeying yet the man who, for all intents and purposes, "won" (I don't like the connotation but ...) is being blamed for killing her. Why would he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone was in competition over who the father was. That was known by all involved. The common demoninator in that is what worries me more. How much of a control freak was the person that moved to another state with AJ and didn't tell her biological father, who loved and adored her, where AJ was? We don't know if legal stuff was done to try to find her, or what. We know the child support payments were being sent to another state out west where JH was living with ZH and AJ. BUT, when did the biological father whose name is on AJ's birth certificate, his only child, find out where AJ was? Why was the ripped out of his life? Why wasn't he allowed visitation? Why wasn't he allowed to be a part of AJ's life? At what point did AJ connect with him? We know they were friends on FB, so AJ knew who he was, but did she know why she wasn't in his life?

And Zach did raise AJ. That is fact. He was her main father figure, she even used his last name. Yet because he hadn't adopted her, he was seen as a step father when JH and ZH divorced. Thus even though he tried in legal battle through courts to maintain being in AJ's life, the courts ruled otherwise. Now, it shouldn't have had to be a battle to begin with. His biological children and AJ should have been treated the same, and custody maintained though the parents, and child support figured out through the parents, etc., but we know custody and divorces don't always work that way.

And then in steps WH for less than 5 years he has been in AJs life. During a period that teenagers have enough to deal with, she was dealing with a divorce, custody dispute, and living with a man who was a virtual stranger to her. We know WH has a past. JH knew WH has a past. Now whether he told some believeable story of how he was wronged by the courts, and served time he didn't deserve because hew as innocent of all wrong doings, or what, we don't know.

Bottom line, we don't know the actual family dynamics going on within the home during AJs teenage years, nor up to her disappearance. We know WH was no longer living at home, but not the circumstances as to why. "IF" he is guilty, it will come out in court. All skeletons will be exposed whether by the DA in setting the scene for what happened, or by the defense. No doubt there will be surprises to the public during a trial either way.

I don't think either of the 3 father figures AJ had were in a competition to 'be the best dad' or whatever. I think two felt helpless and either thought it was best they stay away until AJ was older, able to understand circumstances and choose for herself what she wanted to believe, and what relationships she wanted or not, and they would follow her lead and be there for her.

Obviously JH must have felt the same because she notified the first father figures to see if AJ was with them, even knowing the friction that was there, and the lack of relationship they had at that point. What would have her thinking AJ would have turned to either of them for help unless she knew they would have stepped up immediately to help AJ if asked!! I can't see any other reason they were contacted that early to ask if they had seen AJ, or communicated with her. Somethign happened to make JH feel AJ might reach out to either of them for help, and something made JH feel both would have helped. That's just the way I see it.

These are beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing these with us and allowing us to get to know AJ. I tried to "like" them but Facebook wouldn't let me. I can tell how much you love all your girls. I don't post often but I've been following AJ's case and I have been thinking of you and your family. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I've wanted to post a message to you for awhile but everything I thought about writing seemed so inadequate. I admire you for your grace and strength that you have shown through all this. I know that AJ is smiling down on you as you keep her memory alive by sharing these beautiful memories with us. <3

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Hey Zach thanks for the pics. But it hurts me to look at her pics. They make me cry and I never even knew her. But I am glad that you helped raise her to be a decent young lady. I am sure that AM had possessed some of your qualities. I salute.

Sending prayers to Zach, Mel, and all those who love AJ. Hoping for swift justice, and movement forward toward healing for her loved ones. May tomorrow be peaceful and drama free.

Zach, your pics of Jelly make me smile :) The fact that you called her Jelly makes me smile. All our kids have goofy nicknames too. She looked like she was a truly happy kid. Hang on to those memories with all you've got. Remember every smile, every birthday cake, every outdoor adventure. ((((Zach)))) my heart goes out to you. Keep seeking the Lord for strength, and He will be faithful to provide it. I know you KNOW that, it's just good to be reminded, amen?

But an SUV is not a truck!
A van is not a truck!

A truck is a truck right LOL
My brother uses a cube van as his company (plumbing) vehicle and it is referred to both ways by a variety of people : van or truck. I envision duch a vehicle when I think of WHs work mode of motion.

I'm trying to find the jailhouse video he did with Wavy 10. He said some people would think he planted it because of the break in and other would think he did the right thing to bring the evidence to light. Also he talks about the kids getting interigated and they were probably scared. They told LE that he broke into the house. I'm trying to find it.

LOL....Butterfly! Listen to me, Darlin'. I was just looking for the video of the lady who said she saw a white truck parked in the driveway of the house in Franklin. Stop making me crazy. ;)

Ive been absent from this post for awhile, due to rotator cuff surgery. Trying to catch up! But with all the truck/van talk, I just remember a post made on the Bring Aj Home Fb page-- and the woman was asking details of the truck, and then asking if a tweety bird rang a bell, or something along those lines... WH was quick to shut her down saying that the truck is not missing but thanks.... It was just quite odd as we sit here and thinking about these trucks/vans/work vehicles.... I wonder what his business logo was on his work truck/van --- was it a bird?? tweety bird??

I replied to the wrong quote but glad I was able to keep you on your toes! Sorry for the confusion. Lol
LOL....Butterfly! Listen to me, Darlin'. I was just looking for the video of the lady who said she saw a white truck parked in the driveway of the house in Franklin. Stop making me crazy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member