VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shifting time line and lack of upfront info from the family is so incredibly frustrating. The Bring AJ Home FB page was even sharing several versions of flyers that even had conflicting dates on them when they started up the page. I'm not convinced mom is the credible witness (not she's not A credible witness) that saw AJ Monday (March 2nd) evening since all along, she has said she last saw her Monday morning when she left for work at 7am. Unless she's now given different info to LE, along the same lines WH did when he revealed the lunch time meeting at the gas station?

I had my dates mixed up this morning for some reason. I think Mom may have seen her the evening of March 1st, but I'm not sure she actually laid eyes on her before going to work on the 2nd.

I'm glad he wrote that, really. I hope people will understand him better in this latest entry. I just really sympathize for him.

Yes. IMO they are playing very dirty to try and implicate him in anything. Who has time for games in a situation like this?

Why was he dropping the truck off, and leaving the key in the mailbox (as per the infamous interview) if this is the family home? Does he not live there? Why leave the key in the mailbox and not, for example, on the kitchen table, or where ever, IN the house??

(Does my question even make sense?!)

I'm thinking 7 am is when he got back from a dump run. The reason he didn't put the keys in the house is so no one could get into the truck until he could clean it during his lunch hour.

I'm thinking 7 am is when he got back from a dump run. The reason he didn't put the keys in the house is so no one could get into the truck until he could clean it during his lunch hour.

And we'd all know who the white car was then.. Giving a ride/helping with cleanup. They finally had to mention it to the public because LE was thinking witnesses were credible, or surveillance, etc.

But then that doesn't fit into LE's current timeline with AJ being last seen between the evening of March 2 & early morning of March 3. They have not gone into detail about this or to clarify whether this is just the texts parents got or an actual physical sighting of AJ.

So it was Porch Smoky Kid who saw her in the truck and then the white car, right? I wonder, what teenage kid actually says "driving with purpose"? It just seems like an odd way to speak for most teenage kids. Much like "departed from my presence".

Living in the South, I have a hard time seeing an over 30 white male using the word "departed" unless it was one of our many euphemisms for "dead."

I had my dates mixed up this morning for some reason. I think Mom may have seen her the evening of March 1st, but I'm not sure she actually laid eyes on her before going to work on the 2nd.
Well, she claims she did, so...either she's lying, or she saw her before leaving for work.

Living in the South, I have a hard time seeing an over 30 white male using the word "departed" unless it was one of our many euphemisms for "dead."

I showed my dh his interview last night, and the page. This was the one phrase he immediately clued in on in the interview. On the page, he also keyed in on the "what she deserves" phrase we have previously discussed several pages back.

If I read it in a non-cynical way, I would say that he is trying to sound official, or like LE. There are other things in the interview that are more worrisome to me.

I queried NPD on the "last seen" time discrepancy. Here is the answer I received yesterday afternoon:

(Don't know how to share a screenshot here, or if that's allowed?)

ME:
Anjelica Hadsell case: in your news release here, you say: "Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 am at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk"

Family and media have been saying they last saw her at home at 7 am on the 2nd, and that a neighbour saw her at 2.30pm that day.

On Thursday 3/12, her father told media he also saw her around noon on the 2nd. It's all very confusing.

Is it possible for you to clarify these "last" seen times? Thank you.

Norfolk Police Department:

She was last see between the evening hours of March 2, and the morning hours of March 3.
Yesterday at 2:26pm · Sent from Web

Annnnndddd, the news release I was referring to, has apparently gone from the NPD Facebook page....

See at one time on one release I could have sworn it was posted that the mom saw her that afternoon too. I was a very quick short statement. But I think this might go back to the fact that I'm more leaning to something that she was maybe planning to go or somewhere she was going to go that her parents might be judged for and so they didn't release all the info or just didn't release the info in order to protect the case. I think she probably had plans to leave with this person in the white car. I think she went at her will and there were plans to go do something with that $200. I think that WH is making an explanation for the $200 to throw people off but that she actually needed that money for something else (and maybe she told him and he just didn't tell us) He's mentioned that he thinks there are multiple person's involved. I am leaning more to she went out with friends or acquaintances and go into some trouble. The kids didn't know what to do or how to handle the situation and panicked and hide the evidence. They were texting the parents back and forth that night and saying she wasn't ready to come home yet. I think the parents are being quiet or not telling the truths because their (WH) lives are less than stellar and they didn't want to be judged, pointed out, their good friends finding out his previous life, and maybe the parents dabbled in letting these kids (AJ's friends) always at their house have a few beers, maybe have small house parties. I think we are trying so hard to look at WH that maybe we are closing our blinders.

Why have not come out and said that they were texting back and forth about that evening? There have to be clues in that. I think they are deliberately not sharing that because that does have serious info into what happened and who last saw her that afternoon. Mom has been too quiet.

I'm glad he wrote that, really. I hope people will understand him better in this latest entry. I just really sympathize for him.

I am too. My heart is just breaking for him. He clearly loves Anjelica so much and has been terribly hurt through all of this.

See at one time on one release I could have sworn it was posted that the mom saw her that afternoon too. I was a very quick short statement. But I think this might go back to the fact that I'm more leaning to something that she was maybe planning to go or somewhere she was going to go that her parents might be judged for and so they didn't release all the info or just didn't release the info in order to protect the case. I think she probably had plans to leave with this person in the white car. I think she went at her will and there were plans to go do something with that $200. I think that WH is making an explanation for the $200 to throw people off but that she actually needed that money for something else (and maybe she told him and he just didn't tell us) He's mentioned that he thinks there are multiple person's involved. I am leaning more to she went out with friends or acquaintances and go into some trouble. The kids didn't know what to do or how to handle the situation and panicked and hide the evidence. They were texting the parents back and forth that night and saying she wasn't ready to come home yet. I think the parents are being quiet or not telling the truths because their (WH) lives are less than stellar and they didn't want to be judged, pointed out, their good friends finding out his previous life, and maybe the parents dabbled in letting these kids (AJ's friends) always at their house have a few beers, maybe have small house parties. I think we are trying so hard to look at WH that maybe we are closing our blinders.

Why have not come out and said that they were texting back and forth about that evening? There have to be clues in that. I think they are deliberately not sharing that because that does have serious info into what happened and who last saw her that afternoon. Mom has been too quiet.

Well, now that you bring it up.... I wasn't going to post this here because I didn't want rumors to get started about her and for us to jump to conclusions, because I think this could be completely innocent. I was sleuthing her when this case first took off, and was looking through the groups she's a part of on FB. Most are typical college related groups. One, however, stood out from all of the others. It's old. There haven't been many posts. But the title is what caught my attention: https://www.facebook.com/groups/185022224862869/

It could seriously be completely innocent, and maybe even a joke page. It probably is. Who knows. But since we are 2 weeks into her disappearance, I figured it was time to throw this out. We can not dismiss any possibility...

An 18 year old is home for spring break. She bums $200 off of her step dad, then vanishes.

I would still like to know why WH said he "knew she would need the truck Tuesday"....

Yes this is all very reasonable IMO and a path we should definitely discuss. It would explain some misinformation thrown out there from people other than family..

And we'd all know who the white car was then.. Giving a ride/helping with cleanup. They finally had to mention it to the public because LE was thinking witnesses were credible, or surveillance, etc.

But then that doesn't fit into LE's current timeline with AJ being last seen between the evening of March 2 & early morning of March 3. They have not gone into detail about this or to clarify whether this is just the texts parents got or an actual physical sighting of AJ.

I really am not putting a lot into that - I think it was a typo or they're trying to trip someone up.

From WH's interview transcript, BBM:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit

Notice, WH does not say HE saw AJ at 7am, but that his wife was there and left at 7am. He also says that morning (no indication of a time) he dropped off the truck because she was going to need it Tuesday. The way this is worded, I don't think he was at the house Monday morning at all, prior to dropping off the truck. He mentions her needing the truck for Tuesday (not Monday) which does gel with mom's earlier statement saying AJ had no plans that day.

Yeah I can't figure out the Tuesday thing unless maybe the parents hadn't planned on seeing her after that. Maybe she had plans to go somewhere Tuesday and were afraid that they might not see her before that time. Maybe she was going on a fun trip adventure or down to Virginia Beach or Nags Head for the day. I know it's cold out for Spring Break but still it is Spring Break. Maybe the $200 was for partying or for a hotel stay for a night with her friends. Maybe they planned on leaving on Tuesday morning and WH and mom were worried they would miss her by coming and going. They seem like active social parents so maybe they had plans that night (which aren't being disclosed) maybe they weren't at their own homes that night or went out for the evening.

I don't know. I think we might be having tunnel vision in this case. I could see WH making the statement that he only left the ignition key and not the house key so people don't go off speculating that someone could have used that key to get into the house and wait for her because that would send people's minds way down a different direction. I also think that they or their friends might have been on this website and can read what we are posting and they can change or adjust their stories so to speak based on our speculations.

Well, now that you bring it up.... I wasn't going to post this here because I didn't want rumors to get started about her and for us to jump to conclusions, because I think this could be completely innocent. I was sleuthing her when this case first took off, and was looking through the groups she's a part of on FB. Most are typical college related groups. One, however, stood out from all of the others. It's old. There haven't been many posts. But the title is what caught my attention: https://www.facebook.com/groups/185022224862869/

It could seriously be completely innocent, and maybe even a joke page. It probably is. Who knows. But since we are 2 weeks into her disappearance, I figured it was time to throw this out. We can not dismiss any possibility...

An 18 year old is home for spring break. She bums $200 off of her step dad, then vanishes.

I would still like to know why WH said he "knew she would need the truck Tuesday"....

This is why I was trying to confirm what softball team at Longwood she played on (NCAA or Club) because someone mentioned, in last thread, that she would not mess with drugs being on the softball team where they might drug test the players (but the club team wouldn't drug test, I wouldn't think).

I thought it was interesting that the interview started, essentially, with a disclaimer.
There’s – it’s a double-edged sword and I do apologize if I’m not emotional to people’s standards but trust me, um, we have our moments. We’ve gained a little bit, uh, better control of ourselves, you know, when we’re around people; but I’m gonna tell ya, people that know us, our family, our close friends, they know – this destroys me, my wife.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit

Yeah I can't figure out the Tuesday thing unless maybe the parents hadn't planned on seeing her after that. Maybe she had plans to go somewhere Tuesday and were afraid that they might not see her before that time. Maybe she was going on a fun trip adventure or down to Virginia Beach or Nags Head for the day. I know it's cold out for Spring Break but still it is Spring Break. Maybe the $200 was for partying or for a hotel stay for a night with her friends. Maybe they planned on leaving on Tuesday morning and WH and mom were worried they would miss her by coming and going. They seem like active social parents so maybe they had plans that night (which aren't being disclosed) maybe they weren't at their own homes that night or went out for the evening.

I don't know. I think we might be having tunnel vision in this case. I could see WH making the statement that he only left the ignition key and not the house key so people don't go off speculating that someone could have used that key to get into the house and wait for her because that would send people's minds way down a different direction. I also think that they or their friends might have been on this website and can read what we are posting and they can change or adjust their stories so to speak based on our speculations.

If that's the case then why would they have reported her missing? If she had plans to go out of town and they were aware of them, then they wouldn't have suspected anything Tuesday when she never came home. That also doesn't fit with mom's statement that AJ texted her Tuesday morning saying she wasn't ready to come home yet. If she had just left to go on a trip, of course she wouldn't be ready to return yet. That wouldn't seem suspicious at all. MOO

As for the second half, I can see how people might make assumptions about the house key if he were to have left that in the mailbox. But to throw another twist onto this already windy road, maybe he really did leave the house key in the mailbox for someone else (other than AJ) to pick up....*cue twilight music*

That last SM (Twitter?) on 01 March bothers me. AJ didn't post anything on Monday (02 March) morning?

Maybe she was in a hurry. Maybe she slept in like most teenagers do when home from school and that she had to hurry to get to WH to meet him for his lunch break to get the money since he was on a time schedule. Maybe she didn't have time to get on FB or Twitter and post. But she probably had time to do some texting. I believe if we had her texts she most likely would have been talking to some friends/family at this time.

I think most folks might be surprised at who IS actually reading here and not posting. SM makes it pretty obvious, in many cases I've followed. This one is no different on that aspect.

Agreed! But I doubt your lurking this thread if it takes you 2 hours to google GoPro

>>>> AJ was LAST SEEN between the evening hours of Mar 2nd and morning hours of Mar 3rd?

by whom? Are they counting texts ? Or did someone report seeing her now Monday night?

I wonder if anyone has addressed the family regarding this new information in the timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74