VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of a sudden we have a blank on the driver. We don't even know how long the car was there or what the driver did. BIG question right there. OR did they see the red truck earlier and ASSUMED AJ was driving it?

I think there is still some question on if there is a kid that is a witness and a smoking neighbor who is also a witness. Some people think it's one person. Others think it's two people. I think it's two people. It think the kid saw the white car go by after her truck at 2pm and it was the smoking neighbor who saw a white car parked behind the truck in the driveway. This is all around 2pm. Then AJ's sister comes home at 2:25.

I guess on scenario is that she was planning to buy a GoPro from a friend or through Craig's List, or at least that is what WH seems to be implying. The seller meets her at her house, at which point she is abducted. Thoughts?

It seems (according to a convo that WH overheard, sketchy I know) that AJ was talking about getting one for her bf with her bf's mom. GoPro's seem to cost $500+ for good models, so $200 or $300 seems about right for something second hand.

The problem on this case is the lack of information from the police . If she was last seen later then what we were first told where was she seen and by whom . That answer could change everything .

It is, you're right, if that person exists. I wondered how he could do that in public and feel safe doing it? A few possibilities sprang to mind:

1. He's hot headed enough to not know the consequences of what he said, in the heat of the moment, seems natural, arguably under the circumstances and the unprofessional tenor of the interview format, so to be taken with a grain of salt, and in context. A parent would be going through the list of suspects in their head constantly in such a case, naturally, I imagine. I imagine, I would feel like AJ?'s step-dad, certainly, but I would have used my words more wisely to advance finding my child.

2. He knows for sure that person doesn't exist.

3. He knows for sure who that person is and it's a hollow threat like #2, as opposed to #1

I'm going with door #2.. MOO

I guess on scenario is that she was planning to buy a GoPro from a friend or through Craig's List, or at least that is what WH seems to be implying. The seller meets her at her house, at which point she is abducted. Thoughts?

It seems (according to a convo that WH overheard, sketchy I know) that AJ was talking about getting one for her bf with her bf's mom. GoPro's seem to cost $500+ for good models, so $200 or $300 seems about right for something second hand.

I agree your scenario is possible.

Could she have gotten in a fight with her mom about money? Perhaps her phone was taken? So, she turned to her step dad for money? Maybe she no longer had a car because her mom now needed it due to their separation? Could she have gone for a walk to blow off steam and get away from her mom? Did the step dad not want to reveal meeting and giving her money because the mom would not approve? Not trying to make her Mom sound bad - raising kids is tough and her actions may have been very appropriate.

Still a lot of holes in his story but are we confusing a complete lack of communication skills with guilt?

Yeah I think they could have gotten into a fight over money. Maybe that Sunday night. They take her debit/credit cards. This is why she actually has to ask for cash because she has no card to go to the ATM to get it out even if the parents usually transferred money into her account. So if that was the case that you take a debit card away from a kid then why would you just give them $200 the next day and not ask what the money is for?? That doesn't make sense at all. If you were just arguing about spending habits enough that you have to take a card from them you wouldn't just hand them over $200 the next day for no reason. Maybe...the card was never taken from her. It was just cut up and planted as evidence later to try to make it look like she was taken. People coming in and out of that neighborhood could easily drop evidence on the ground. People that live there wouldn't look suspicious because they are seen driving that road every day.

I agree your scenario is possible.

Yeah but that would mean that she would have most likely just pitched in with boyfriend's mom and not paid the whole amount herself. She would have given mom the money to make the purchase most likely.

Sorry. I think I have to find the info but I thought I read somewhere where the PD had found the jacket before hand and just had not publicly mentioned it.

Yes, according to WH they found the jacket in the POI's closet...:liar:

Norfolk Police Department

HAVE YOU SEEN ME?
Norfolk Police is asking the public’s help in locating a missing 18-year-old. Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 am at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk.

Police received a tip that Anjelica was possibly seen on the Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University yesterday March 4, 2015.

At this time, Norfolk Detectives have no indication of foul play, however, they are actively searching for her, and ask anyone who knows the whereabouts of Anjelica Hadsell, or who have seen her in the last 24 hours, are encouraged to call Norfolk Police Detectives at 757-664-7026 or the Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

What? Does that read right? She was last SEEN on March 3 at 5:30 a.m. Isn't that Tuesday morning? Do you think this is misinformation on their part?

I don't think they were separated just because he claimed to have "dropped off the truck." I think that's just cya in case someone saw him returning to the house at 7 am. My guess is that he left around 5-5:30 am. I'm interested in the family property someone mentioned that's about an hour away.....

OH MY LOrd. This is so much like the Hailey Dunn tragedy. Her 'stepdad' left for work very early, then mom left, and looked in on a sleeping Hailey, and then....at some point Stepdad quit his job that day inexplicably, and returned home, where 13 yr old Hailey was. HE SAID that she took a walk to a friends but she was never seen again.

It does give me chills to think of him doubling back home like Hailey Dunns stepdad did. [ case never resolved-no arrests] :mad:

Spokesperson?

No, not the spokesperson. Just someone in the neighborhood that knows this family to a certain extent and trying to look at all possibilities instead of going down a rabbit hole.

I think there is still some question on if there is a kid that is a witness and a smoking neighbor who is also a witness. Some people think it's one person. Others think it's two people. I think it's two people. It think the kid saw the white car go by after her truck at 2pm and it was the smoking neighbor who saw a white car parked behind the truck in the driveway. This is all around 2pm. Then AJ's sister comes home at 2:25.

Whether it is 1 or 2 is not entirely clear in his interview. But if the person who saw the white car said it was 'following' the truck that person - whether it is 1 or 2 witnesses - must have seen both to reach the conclusion that the white car was following. That 2nd time was when she was seen 'driving with purpose' and 'not herself'.

Unless it was 2 witnesses that saw the truck the 2nd time. But then only one noticed the white car?

This is when I wish the interviewer would have asked a follow-on question to clarify the events.

What if she went through Craigslist for the Gopro and met up with the wrong person? She could have been trying to get the most expensive one for $200.

If she did, LE would be all over it from day one. I am sure the very first thing they did was scour her computer/cell/ipad looking for stuff like that.

Norfolk Police Department

HAVE YOU SEEN ME?
Norfolk Police is asking the public’s help in locating a missing 18-year-old. Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 am at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk.

Police received a tip that Anjelica was possibly seen on the Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University yesterday March 4, 2015.

At this time, Norfolk Detectives have no indication of foul play, however, they are actively searching for her, and ask anyone who knows the whereabouts of Anjelica Hadsell, or who have seen her in the last 24 hours, are encouraged to call Norfolk Police Detectives at 757-664-7026 or the Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

What? Does that read right? She was last SEEN on March 3 at 5:30 a.m. Isn't that Tuesday morning? Do you think this is misinformation on their part?

Yesterday this was corrected in the comments at 4:48pm.

Being new here I'm not sure if I can post what a friend of hers said on SM but it puts her being seen later in perspective .

Could she have gotten in a fight with her mom about money? Perhaps her phone was taken? So, she turned to her step dad for money? Maybe she no longer had a car because her mom now needed it due to their separation? Could she have gone for a walk to blow off steam and get away from her mom? Did the step dad not want to reveal meeting and giving her money because the mom would not approve? Not trying to make her Mom sound bad - raising kids is tough and her actions may have been very appropriate.

Still a lot of holes in his story but are we confusing a complete lack of communication skills with guilt?

I have been thinking a lot about this scenario. It does seem that the family is withholding information and I agree that there is a lot word salads coming out of WH. My question is why? What exactly are they trying to protect because it doesn't seem like they are trying to help AJ by not providing ALL of the information. I admit that I am confused as much as anyone else and have been on the fence.

From what I have heard (neighborhood rumor mind you, not proven), is that the parents are not living together currently. Maybe that explains things if those rumors are true.

I do know for a fact that AJ was driving the truck to high school last year because I have seen her on numerous occasions. There has to be another vehicle that WH drives. I am still questioning how he dropped off the truck though. Someone had to be with him that could collaborate that part of the story because he would have to have a way to get to work. So, WH, if you ARE lurking please explain that part of the story!

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days. I took a while to catch up! I think that everyone has lost some perspective as to why we are all here....TO help find AJ.

I can understand all of the conclusions everyone has come to because, let's be honest, WH has made it easy to come to those conclusions. But no one should assume anything or point fingers without the facts and with NPD not providing them that's hard to do. I can say that they hardly ever give out information and have been under scrutiny lately. Perhaps that is why they are so tight lipped. IDK

WH is no published speaker but I also don't think he is intentionally trying to hide anything. He just doesn't know how to say things and sometimes tries to sound educated. That happens if you have never talked to an audience. Many of the things he has said can be explained if you look at it differently.

He left the key to the truck but now the door key. Big deal! It comes OD be an old truck. I would have to check, but there used to be a separate door key and an ignition key for those old enough to remember.

They met at the gas station. It's possible that she was filling up the truck and they just stood there and it was more than likely WAWA's. They serve food. Maybe they sat there in silence. Especially if it was awkward because the parents are split up as some think.

He gave her $200. Does it matter what for or if he asked just because some of us would? They may be different and don't ask a good kid what they need it for. People are different

Soory my rant is still not long but everyone is forgetting what the reason we are here for and stuck on laying blame for something we don't kn w the truth about yet....instead maybe start asking why NPD has said nothing and why an abandoned dog gets more coverage on local news that the two missing my people in this area.

Oh and the kid that saw AJ was out working in the front yard and lives a few blocks over from where the house is so the neighbor who saw the white car there is a different person.

FindAJ clears it up in this last comment. They are two different people. The kids and the smoking neighbor.

Yeah but that would mean that she would have most likely just pitched in with boyfriend's mom and not paid the whole amount herself. She would have given mom the money to make the purchase most likely.

If she was going to buy one second hand then maybe she wouldn't need to pitch in. Although it does seem like she was working with the bf's mom exclusively, so the mom probably would have insisted on helping out.

Of course the whole thing could be a cover for 2 hours of internet searching. Seems weird since he could have just asked her or one of the other kids in the house.

I have been thinking a lot about this scenario. It does seem that the family is withholding information and I agree that there is a lot word salads coming out of WH. My question is why? What exactly are they trying to protect because it doesn't seem like they are trying to help AJ by not providing ALL of the information. I admit that I am confused as much as anyone else and have been on the fence.

From what I have heard (neighborhood rumor mind you, not proven), is that the parents are not living together currently. Maybe that explains things if those rumors are true.

I do know for a fact that AJ was driving the truck to high school last year because I have seen her on numerous occasions. There has to be another vehicle that WH drives. I am still questioning how he dropped off the truck though. Someone had to be with him that could collaborate that part of the story because he would have to have a way to get to work. So, WH, if you ARE lurking please explain that part of the story!

Well, his Brother does drive a car, a WHITE car, maybe he gave him rides??? OR Let WH borrow his car?

As I mentioned a few pages back, IF the rumor of separation is true, and we watch what is factually being displayed by LE (not WH) and said and displayed by mom, AND articles NOT being found as claimed, I'm pretty sure the answer is clear and right in front of us.. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa