VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reread the interview a thousand times and he could be just in a plain panic. I can see why if he really isn't guilty . I'd be freaking too . IMO tips and ideas could be coming from some of AJ's friends they tell WH and he goes and finds them .

Exactly what I was thinking. It seems to me like all of that is possible.

Hey guys, longtime reader of websleuths, made an account to follow this case more closely and be able to talk to you!

So much to think about, so many stories of WH's that don't seem to add up.

What makes you think he lied about the gas station? Just curious. LE could have thrown that out there to bait him. Not all gas stations have working cameras.

That is only one of the reasons I'm convinced that he lied about that gas station meeting. After awhile...things begin to stack up, and stack up and stack up.

MOO

What's the drinking age in va ? Here in Australia its 18 but I've heard in the states its 21

Hey I can't remember which WS mentioned that program you can load on your phone that shows texts seem to be coming from another phone. She mentioned that young kids pranked her with it. It's like a program young kids might know about or play around with. Maybe similar to this app. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Fax-Telephony/Caller-ID-Spoofer.shtml Could explain the texts and that maybe they appeared to come from her phone. It's possible.

It also appears to me that most of AJ's' tweets are retweets and then with the same few boys. So why would you be tweeting at someone you were already with? I'm sure they have already been cleared but on her Twitter it looks like she was making plans to hang out with one of her friends that weekend. It could be someone very close to the family that is getting all the information about the tips and sightings too. They could easily place the evidence in areas just was well as Wes. As always just MOO.

(sorry if this is a double post! The thread is moving kinda fast and the browser thinks too hard sometimes.)

So the video. Wow. It broke my heart for AJ, but also for WH. This is a tortured soul on so many levels.

I like to give people the freedom to think whatever they wish, but I feel like I need to say just a few things about WH in general defense of the human being he is first and foremost before being a felon, liar, etc. (My background is in psychology, so I just can't help but be objective with the worst people)

He is clearly not stupid. He may come off that way, but there is a huge difference between uneducated and dumb, and lacking empathy will also make it really difficult to gauge how others think or may react to his words or behavior. I personally cannot fault someone for getting involved in crime and winding up in prison - oftentimes it is a product of their upbringing and environment, and I believe WH is just that. Try imagining for just a moment how many times he was probably beat down or abused by someone in his own life, and absolutely in prison. Part of him is generous, funny, and had a desire to be clean and "normal." The other seems deeply dysfunctional and unable to change. We give out prison sentences as punishment for crimes, and when prisoners are released, they are considered absolved. They need to have the opportunity to reforge their lives, and that includes employment. We can't just ostracize them from any contact with citizens - that is what prison is for. So that is how his employer employed him - as a qualified human being, not as a rapist, or burglar or anything else he has served his time for. I am not excusing his behavior or saying his past does not color his psyche or his capabilities, only pointing out the facts of life after prison. I urge you to be more thoughtful when questioning things like how his employer could employ him, how JH could marry him etc, out of respect for those caught up in this mess.

I believe every word about the B&E. I even believe he believes he found her hoodie/jacket, whether it turned out to be true or not. I do not believe they met up at a gas station or that a GoPro was even on AJ's mind that day. Something else happened, and WH may know why or how, but I don't think he is the cold calculated creepoid narcissist everyone else does. I can only see him losing it and doing something he didn't really pre-meditate, and no matter what, he is drowning in guilt right now, whether it is failing to protect AJ from others or from himself.

Things we can confirm(updated)

1. AJ was last seen by her mother and sisters around 7AM March 2nd. (Zach)
1a. March 2, There was evidence of chores being done but not finished sometime between 7AM and little sister getting home AJ may have left in a hurry. (Zach)
1b. Between 1 and 2PM, Witness #1 sees her red truck drive by (leaving the neighborhood) (local insiders, Zach)
2. At 2:30PM, little sister arrives home from school, texts AJ (ie "hey where are you") and AJ replies "With Friends ". Her truck is still in the driveway. (Zach/MSM)
3. Sometime between 4:30AM and 5:30AM on March 3rd JH receives a text from AJ that she is OK, just not ready to come home yet. (MSM)
4. At 9:15PM AJ still is not home and no one has heard from her since the text early in the morning. JH reports her missing.(MSM/NAMUS)
5. Sometime on March 4, the neighbor (C?) found a piece of her debit card on Halprin Dr while walking back home from work. WH and U photograph the neighbor holding it.(MSM)
6. Family and friend search the neighborhood on March 6th and find another part of the card(MSM)
7. WH breaks into the neighbor's (C) house and claims he found AJ's jacket/hoodie "balled up behind a couch cushion". Locals confirm the police were called to the house. LE did not confirm the jacket as being hers, but did show Wes pictures of some other items.
7. Between March 19 and March 21, police search a 3 mile radius around the Southern Packing Plant off Battlefield in Chesapeake and recover several items believed to belong to AJ.
8. Wes is arrested on March 20.

Things That Might Be True but Don't Fit

1. March 2, around 12:15PM, AJ meets with Wes at a "gas station" to get money (WH). He leaves at 12:45PM
2. March 2, Around 2PM Witness #2 sees the red truck driving back to the house and a white car following it, but is unsure it actually happened that day

Witness #1 has her leaving around 1PM.
Witness #2 has her returning around 2PM
WH has her gone between 12 and 1PM.
There is no evidence WH met AJ

Things that Might Be True According to Wes
The police suspect him
The police traced AJs phone to his hotel
Four of AJ's friends made a statement to LE about fearing how WH might react to information about ( C? )

"The WH actually did meet up with AJ but..." Theory

I think all of this could be true with allowance made for how we remember time. WH did not return to work until around 1:15PM, which means he could have left the area near the house as late as 1PM.

AJ left around 12, and Witness #1 sees her leaving
She meets WH around 12:15-12:30
Witness #2 sees her returning around 1PM

Both witnesses would be exactly an hour off. DST happened on March 8, so who knows if that threw off their recollection of the sun etc. It is doubtful either of them looked at a clock the instant she drove by.

If the above is true, it gives creedence to the white car, but we have no evidence of any white car at the house other than Witness #2 testimony and an MSM picture of Uncle Dude's car in the driveway which happens to be a white compact car. I think someone needs to show he neightbor that pic and ask him if it is possible that is the sam vehicle.

Things We Can (or should) Disregard

The GoPro - There is zero evidence to suggest AJ was even thinking about this on Mar 2. other than WH taking a guess at what the money maybe was for, assuming he actually gave her money.
Drugs - Zach has confirmed AJ is not a drug user. I actually believe this, though I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't smoked a little weed here and there. I do not believe it is relevant to her disappearance at all.
WH's eyelid tattoo - that tattoo on its own does not indicate a specific gang, only that WH is bad-*advertiser censored* enough to get his eyelids tattooed.
WH's past - We know he has a criminal history. It is established that he is unstable and capable of murder, as he admits freely at the end of his interview. We do not need to waste resources on digging up every tiny detail on him at this time IMO. Recent movements, assets, friends may be of more interest.
WH's employment - we especially should not be sleuthing his employer or digging up anything about his lawn business. That information actually made me feel sorry for him. He was obviously trying to keep his **** together for awhile anyway. If something is relevant to locating AJ, like storage spaces, great, but I feel like the general flow is losing focus for some people.
Assuming something had to happen to AJ in 2 hours on Mar 2. If The idea is to figure out when WH could have done something, it could have been literally any span of time someone believable did not have him in eyesight. I am confident LE has pieced together all the potential spans.

So here are the questions/comments we have specific to locating AJ:

Were there other texts between AJ and JH between 2:30PM March 2 and 5:30AM March 3?
How did she leave the house?
Were her keys found at the house or are they missing? What other items may she have had at home are no longer there?
The neighbor(C) was not arrested and we should assume he has been cleared by LE, but has he been?. Is there any other known possible reason he may be of interest?
Has it been confirmed that a dark blue sweatshirt was found in Chesapeake? I am pretty sure this was going around the day of the search...

Link to Original Post which includes the breakdown of the abduction, voluntary missing and gopro theory:
#732 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-5&p=11617684#post11617684

The hardest cases to solve are obviously ones in which the perp is skilled and has no connection to the victim. If we are to entertain an abduction theory further, let's think about any possible locations we can place AJ at on Mar2 or Mar 3 and then think about the kind of person that would abduct her from that location and try to form a picture of this guy. If that picture looks like Wes, so be it, but lets start from an objective and unbiased and more vulcan place if we can...

have there been any more recent searches or updates? info seems to be slowly reported.

Yeah I saw it. They tried to ask him about his past charges and he wouldn't talk about it. He said he wants focus on AJ. You can hear the lawyer in the background say something like "I think he's answered your question."

Good luck to his lawyer.

From Vail's excellent post above^^^:

" Something else happened, and WH may know why or how, but I don't think he is the cold calculated creepoid narcissist everyone else does. I can only see him losing it and doing something he didn't really pre-meditate, and no matter what, he is drowning in guilt right now, whether it is failing to protect AJ from others or from himself."

This is exactly the scenario I am envisioning. Something unexpected. Unplanned. Things got out of control.

OK so . maybe AJ gets invited to a party but they need money for alcohol she doesn't ask JH because JH will say no . Instead she asks WH . That's why he gives her money or at that lunchtime meeting he was giving her the alcohol for the party that night ( would explain why he's lying . giving alcohol to a minor is against the law ) She drives home and a friend picks her up in the white car ( theyre going to be drinking so she chooses not to drive ) ... She goes to the party something happens and now were left with a cover up ... Just a possible theory

Let's assume for a minute that it's not WH (I know....that's hard to do), but LE seems to be all over him. What other avenues haven't been discussed? I know these have:

1. She went for a run
2. She left to get away from the family situation
3. She left with friends and something happened

Anything I have missed? What about walking into a home invasion? And I know this is WAY out there but, what if she is in protected custody because she is a witness to something on a Federal level?

Zach wants us to look at other avenues besides WH. I think we should try to pick some of this other scenarios apart and see where we get. I am new here but you all have a lot of experience. What do you think?

1. If she went for a run somebody would have seen her. Her bag wouldn't be missing.

2. If she left to get away she would have called SOMEBODY. And if this is the case and she never called anybody then she is safe and no worries.

3. Why leave a wallet but take a bag if with friends? (Unless that friend could have taken the bag later but highly unlikely). Why debit card pieces twice in the same spot and clothes along the road? These are clues left on purpose. A game or they want to get caught.

1. If she went for a run somebody would have seen her. Her bag wouldn't be missing.

2. If she left to get away she would have called SOMEBODY. And if this is the case and she never called anybody then she is safe and no worries.

3. Why leave a wallet but take a bag if with friends? (Unless that friend could have taken the bag later but highly unlikely). Why debit card pieces twice in the same spot and clothes along the road? These are clues left on purpose. A game or they want to get caught.

Maybe the guilt is eating them up inside. So you mentioned in #3 why leave a wallet but take a bag. Can you say she left her wallet?

Yes, you are supposed to have a fishing license. I have one. We fish all the time out behind where we live which is near the high rise bridge in chesapeake. Speckled trout are in season. The marine police are out a lot. They do check. I caught a 9.9lb, 30in speckled trout about 2 weeks ago. It was citation size and the second biggest trout caught in the area. ;) I didn't get my citation, however, because my license had expired like a week before! I was pissed. Lol
But I digress.
You do see a lot of boats out fishing. I see, on occasion, people fishing from shore. Mainly boats though around this area and time of year.
There are thousands of dead fish around here too, off topic, sorry! The cold weather is supposedly the culprit.
Not sure about rentals. We have our own.

Yeah! A real fisherman!

About fishing in boats ... are the boaters mostly hanging out together in little boat clusters, or scattered all over the place? Here the boats hang out together because the fish hang out together, so a boat out on its own would be noticed. Also people fishing from the shore would be noticed because they would be either cute little kids with their birthday present fishing poles, or novice fishermen who didn't know what they were doing.

I think that if WH went fishing, he would have been seen. Am I wrong?

OK so . maybe AJ gets invited to a party but they need money for alcohol she doesn't ask JH because JH will say no . Instead she asks WH . That's why he gives her money or at that lunchtime meeting he was giving her the alcohol for the party that night ( would explain why he's lying . giving alcohol to a minor is against the law ) She drives home and a friend picks her up in the white car ( theyre going to be drinking so she chooses not to drive ) ... She goes to the party something happens and now were left with a cover up ... Just a possible theory

$200?? For alcohol for teenagers, I doubt it.
Teens buy cheap beer. Cheap vodka.
MOO only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members