VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I think we have here confirmed by Zach that WH has a work van that was parked at the "Norfolk residence". We assume WH has the red truck at the seedy hotel not far from the house (5 minutes or so). Maybe he's not allowed to use the work van for personal use after hours, just to go to and from work. Maybe he doesn't want work van and the possible valuables inside it at seedy hotel.

Why not just say "I went to get the van to go to work and left the truck key for AJ in case she wanted to use it". Why all the hullabaloo over the truck issue in his interview? Was he just trying to obscure the marital separation/living at a hotel? Or something more?

True. I mean that is what I would do. But they might have not wanted to get out into the public that he was staying at a hotel. He probably didn't want people asking questions about that. I think in the beginning they left out details like that because it probably would have pointed us straight into his direction. I think the family thought that he would be the first person we focused on and they didn't want that.

Dénouement;11619133 said:
Is there somewhere I can get a round up of this case so far?

Others have linked you to some great recaps. Another thing I try to do when I'm jumping into a case is just google it beforehand and read the MSM links for a bit - that way you have a good idea of the timeline for when people on the thread learned which details, and you can easily see the key points and players, etc. :)

I'm also very interested in where he went fishing. I guess that LE could geotag his selfie if they had need to. But does anyone have an idea offhand?
Earlier I was told we couldn't talk about it as it was screenshot from a private FB and posted on taboo blog. Otherwise, sheesh, I have a lot of thoughts on that!!!

I think the family thought that he would be the first person we focused on and they didn't want that.

RSBM. I totally agree, and I wish they would have realized by hiding things, they would cause exactly what they were attempting to avoid.

Earlier I was told we couldn't talk about it as it was screenshot from a private FB and posted on taboo blog. Otherwise, sheesh, I have a lot of thoughts on that!!!

We can't! Sorry - I wasn't around earlier when that was being discussed! I didn't realize where that info originated. :p

If one of my kids was her friend, I would tell them we are going to talk to detectives (if they had any info) & I would demand them stay off SM re: the Hadsells. Kids can inadvertently start something with their careless words and abbreviations. Would you want WH doing to your kid what he's doing to the boy at the house he did the B&E??

I would do this too. I would even go as far as hiring a lawyer if I felt that my son might have some questionable information or information that might even make him look suspect. I hope her friends did this. I have a feeling that most of them might be 18 or over so they are adults now.

I'm just wondering for Zach's own protection if this thread would be better off private. I think that if word gets out too much that he is here it might draw all kinds of people and people that might not like him discussing the case. Just my opinion, but he doesn't need any more stuff to deal with.

"Elizabella's Timeline AND Links" - is a link in one of the very first first posts on this thread. I can't get it to link here for some reason, but the timeline is great.

I went back to this to review the timeline, thanks for the reminder. I am totally bothered by why he would sit and stare at AJ for 30 minutes, then be 30 minutes late getting back to work; this makes no sense to me. I have a strange feeling, too, about another thing and almost hate to say it, but here goes...if he's only been in their life for 2 or 3 years, AJ was only 15 or so when he came into the picture. Maybe he was a little obsessive about her, wanted her to like him so much, and really just got on her nerves? The timing of him having to move to a motel just before she came home worries me, too. Had he and JH argued about her being home that week, so he needed to be out of the house (even if just to alleviate tension?). Please correct me anywhere I'm off track as I've been known to be.

I'm just wondering for Zach's own protection if this thread would be better off private. I think that if word gets out too much that he is here it might draw all kinds of people and people that might not like him discussing the case. Just my opinion, but he doesn't need any more stuff to deal with.
If we got moved to private could we then discuss topics we can't discuss here? I only joined in September so I'm not sure. But the one thing I feel is soooo relevant, we cannot discuss.

"Hampton Roads is located in southeastern Virginia where the
Atlantic Ocean meets the Chesapeake Bay. The region is
comprised of 16 jurisdictions – the cities of Chesapeake,
Franklin, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson,
Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg, and the
counties of Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Southampton,
Surry and York. The region’s land area covers approximately
2,907 square miles and includes an extensive system of
waterways including the Intercoastal Waterway and the James,
York, Nansemond and Elizabeth Rivers."
Source

Nearly 3,000 square miles of territory and the best we can get is, "We ask that anyone with information, or who has seen her since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP." Give us somewhere to look, somewhere for local people to remember having seen her. Goodness. There is a good sized population of Filipino heritage in the area. There may be many girls who could look similar to AJ, so narrowing down the field is really necessary.

We do not KNOW she is deceased. Stop acting like it is proven and give us somewhere to look for an alive AJ!

The region is massive but as a local I would be STUNNED if he went north (whichever he you'd prefer but the unknown suspect is most likely male). I realize there are many things that seem odd in this case BUT the pattern fits WH and the layout of our region. He is familiar with Northeast NC. The company he works for is not far from and on the way to the area searched over the weekend. And any one who has lived here for any peroid of time knows traveling across the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel is almost always an EVENT. If...big if...the person who's responsible is from our region...they go south. It is no less difficult of a search. But You drive 30-45 south and it gets rural in a hurry without the additional potential witnesses in stopped traffic on that bridge tunnel. Make that doubly true if you're familiar with southern vb, chesapeake, and NE NC.

I went back to this to review the timeline, thanks for the reminder. I am totally bothered by why he would sit and stare at AJ for 30 minutes, then be 30 minutes late getting back to work; this makes no sense to me. I have a strange feeling, too, about another thing and almost hate to say it, but here goes...if he's only been in their life for 2 or 3 years, AJ was only 15 or so when he came into the picture. Maybe he was a little obsessive about her, wanted her to like him so much, and really just got on her nerves? The timing of him having to move to a motel just before she came home worries me, too. Had he and JH argued about her being home that week, so he needed to be out of the house (even if just to alleviate tension?). Please correct me anywhere I'm off track as I've been known to be.

Only thing you might be off track is the timing of when he moved out. I'm not sure that's been confirmed. It could have been just before, or maybe a few weeks before. Probably not too long since he is in a motel. I'd actually like to know if this was the first time they separated, too.

I do not believe she left the house at 12, again at 1pm, and again at 2pm...I don't think she borrowed $200 from WH or even talked to him, text or otherwise..at least at this point. WH has done too much to interfere with this investigation - more like trying to control it. Very strange behavior, especially the fishing?? I hadn't heard that until now, I think I missed the first or second thread.

From jail?! People have a weird idea of help.

Hey, you never know - he might find some new "evidence" in his cell. SMH.

Seriously, WH seems incapable of thinking things through, he just acts on impulse. IMO that makes him dangerous regardless of any involvement in AJ's disappearance. I can't even imagine what her homelife has been these past years.

A few have mentioned this to him so he's definitely aware of that possibility! For now he said he's okay being cryptic if need be, but maybe that will change.

The region is massive but as a local I would be STUNNED if he went north (whichever he you'd prefer but the unknown suspect is most likely male). I realize there are many things that seem odd in this case BUT the pattern fits WH and the layout of our region. He is familiar with Northeast NC. The company he works for is not far from and on the way to the area searched over the weekend. And any one who has lived here for any peroid of time knows traveling across the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel is almost always an EVENT. If...big if...the person who's responsible is from our region...they go south. It is no less difficult of a search. But You drive 30-45 south and it gets rural in a hurry without the additional potential witnesses in stopped traffic on that bridge tunnel. Make that doubly true if you're familiar with southern vb, chesapeake, and NE NC.

I was thinking about this when the clothing was found on the Chesapeake/Moyock side. If the items were planted they should look on the opposite side...Portsmouth/Camden side. The old canal banks on that side are not used much any more and is closed to cars at a certain point. That area is mostly only used by bikers and people on kayaks these days.

Correct. If you looked up his charges yesterday in Norfolk Criminal District Court the next hearing date was 4/29 for all charges. Today, the very first obstruction charge listed shows a bond hearing scheduled for 3/27 and that's what my comment was referencing.
You can appeal an initial bond denied case and that is typically after an attorney is appointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua