VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

So I've read through the entire thread again. I wish I could say was any less confused. But based on the limited information available I'm thinking the mom in not involved. It sounds like she thought Terry took Arieanna and was calling for messaging or whatever trying to tell him to bring her back. He might have said "no" or "I don't have her" or just didn't respond and that's when she or someone else called 911.

Now, why would Terry take her? Possibly they were having some kind of dispute and he just thought "screw it, I'm taking her" out of some sort of spite and didn't think through what he was actually going to do with her. Perhaps he thought he would just take her to piss off mom, but in the process of sneaking her out accidentally smothered her. Or he's just evil and outright killed her. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention criminal history, but that first charge in 2007...

What I can't figure is if there could be premeditation. There is no way he could have done planned something and thought he could get away with it.

I also think he told LE that mom did it and he was just helping her by disposing of the body, and that is partly why moms name hasn't been made public. They know he lying but protecting the mom maybe?

I still don't understand how they got to charging him. Why would he confess to disposing of the body? I'm wondering if he texted his cousin about it and that's where LE got that info.

Also, the timeline is a bit confusing, but sounds like she saw Arieanna was missing at 11. Then messed around a bit trying to contact Terry. Then called 911, and after police were there Terry showed up. So maybe a 3 hour window?

Okay, if the baby was dead, then how did she die? Could it be there were drugs somehow involved? If the baby died of natural causes, there would have been no need for him to dispose of the body. Therefore, someone killed her. The question is who, did the father do it? I say no he did not. As stated above, he is not that smart and has always failed as a criminal. Maybe he is gambling on the baby being found after there is no more evidence pertaining to how she died. If so, that would mean he is covering for either himself or himself in conjunction with someone else. Let us not forget that Grandma said she had tried to get custody of some of her grandchildren before. Of course, we do not know for sure who she meant and have no idea of why she wanted custody.

Last edited:
I'll add that we can't be sure the original story as released to msm is how it was actually reported. What I mean is the mom could have called 911 and directly said Terry (or his relative) took Arieanna and LE decided to keep that part out of the media.

Or LE could have told Terry that without his cooperation they would go ahead and charge him with the most provable crime they could (illegal disposal of a body) unless he explained what happened. Right now we don't even know what he did or didn't tell LE; the same goes for the mom.

One thing that is clear though is that Terry and the relatives he hangs with are bad news so I'm expecting a whole lot of doo doo to come out in the next few weeks. If he knows where Arieanna is (or if anyone else knows) I wish he'd/they disclose it. It's not right.

I'll add that we can't be sure the original story as released to msm is how it was actually reported. What I mean is the mom could have called 911 and directly said Terry (or his relative) took Arieanna and LE decided to keep that part out of the media.

Or LE could have told Terry that without his cooperation they would go ahead and charge him with the most provable crime they could (illegal disposal of a body) unless he explained what happened. Right now we don't even know what he did or didn't tell LE; the same goes for the mom.

One thing that is clear though is that Terry and the relatives he hangs with are bad news so I'm expecting a whole lot of doo doo to come out in the next few weeks. If he knows where Arieanna is (or if anyone else knows) I wish he'd/they disclose it. It's not right.
Good points

Terry might have a lot to gain by saying he disposed of an already dead body (even if it was not) if there were drugs involved of the death of a child and they were his drugs. It would behoove him to say that the poor sweet baby was already dead and delaying saying where she is until he feels the body is destroyed.

<modsnipped- removed information about comments on family social media> Also I believe Arieanna is presumed dead because of the forensics they found with the search warrant on Terry's car.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great question. Nobody seems to know, but he was charged with improper disposal of a body so it's the assumption for now.
And charged so quickly. Arieanna disappeared the evening of Tuesday, September 11. Terry was arrested at 9:16 pm Wednesday. It only took about 24 hours to connect someone to her disappearance and determine that Arieanna was probably dead.

So, like Neese68 said the evidence may have indicated something. Or someone said something convincing enough for LE to bring a charge. Or both. If evidence pointing to violence was found in the house then mom has some explaining to do. And what role did Sidney play?

I have probably missed something along the way .... but how do they know she is dead or is that a presumption pf the police?
To be honest, I have wondered this myself- what evidence do they have of sweet Arieanna's passing? My guess would be blood or some kind of weapon used to harm her was found?

I would love to think this little darling is safe and sound somewhere.

<modsnipped quoted post>

IMO...it doesn't seem that the mother of Arieanna is involved. <modsnipped references to social media comments>

I do know the mother is asking anyone and everyone to form search parties for Arieanna because LE is not doing any searches. The mother also believes Arieanna is still alive but her family members think she is not alive...but the mother is in shock...cannot eat or sleep. Understandably. But LE on this matter is just crickets around here. Very frustrating like this doll baby is just forgotten.

<modsnipped response to removed information> Something else is afoot- not sure what it is but something is rotten!!!!

<modsnipped> Also I believe Arieanna is presumed dead because of the forensics they found with the search warrant on Terry's car.

The mother has not been named as a suspect or person of interest. There’s a good reason that WS doesn’t allow posts about victims.

<modsnipped response to information garnered from social media>

IMO...it doesn't seem that the mother of Arieanna is involved. <modsnipped>.

I do know the mother is asking anyone and everyone to form search parties for Arieanna because LE is not doing any searches. The mother also believes Arieanna is still alive but her family members think she is not alive...but the mother is in shock...cannot eat or sleep. Understandably. But LE on this matter is just crickets around here. Very frustrating like this doll baby is just forgotten.

WS doesn’t allow posts from personal FB accounts. If there is a missing FB page that has been set up and approved, posts can be referenced from those. I think there is one, but don’t know the name right off.

No news but the VA courts site listed that Andrew Terry had a hearing this afternoon. It had to do with a 2016 case (CR12001229-01). LE arrested him for probation violation when they arrested him for the ilegal disposal charge. I think it was granted.
Case Number: CR12001229-02
Filed: 09/19/2018
Commenced by: Reinstatement
Locality: COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant: TERRY, ANDREW C
Sex: Male
Race: Black (Non-Hispanic)
DOB: 02/03/**** (02/03/1987)
Address: BLACKSBURG, VA 24060
Charge: V/P (CONSPIRE-GRAND LARCENY)
Code Section: 19.2-306
Charge Type: Felony
Class: U
Offense Date: 09/19/2018
Arrest Date: 09/20/2018

Hearings
1 09/20/2018 9:00AM Capias Capias-Defendant Arrested
2 09/26/2018 9:00AM Advise About Attorney Arrangements Granted
3 10/29/2018 1:00PM Revocation

You can see both cases here:
Virginia Courts Case Information (Circuit)
Enter Montgomery county.
Here's the original booking info: https://www.montgomerycountyva.gov/...5/17502/17569/Jail_Booking_Log_09-09-2018.pdf

To be honest, I have wondered this myself- what evidence do they have of sweet Arieanna's passing? My guess would be blood or some kind of weapon used to harm her was found?

I would love to think this little darling is safe and sound somewhere.

I suspect a lot is going on behind the scenes that we aren’t privy to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back