VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

Thursday, Oct. 25th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ ET) – VA – Arieanna Day (3 mos) (Sept 12, 2018, not found, Roanoke) – *Andrew Christopher Terry (31) arrested (9/12/18) & charged (9/20/18) with illegal disposal of a body. Held without bond. Bond denied 9/20/18, but granted (10/16/18) a $50K Secure bond.
9/26/18: Revocation hearing on 10/29.
10/16/18 Update: Appealed ruling on “no bond”. Appeal granted a $50K Secure bond. The bond stipulations are the following: Turn in his passport, can't leave the Commonwealth of Virginia, has a curfew 10 p.m. to 7 a.m., & he is not to interfere with the current investigation. Next is Prelim hearing on 10/25.

Finally! From your link:
The case of a father accused of concealing the body of his missing 3-month-old daughter will go before a grand jury.
Prosecutors played an interview in court in which Terry told police that he buried the infant’s body in Montgomery County.

He said he had been fighting with the mother of Arieanna Day the day she was reported missing.

Terry told officers he went to pick up the baby, but when he got her, she was bruised, but alive.
Father told police he hid body of 3-month-old Roanoke baby, court testimony reveals
Terry picked up Arieanna who was alive but bruised at the time. He was afraid to take her to a hospital for treatment. While he had her, she died. He says he buried Arieanna in a shallow grave in the area of Jennelle Road near Ellet Road in Montgomery County. LE couldn't find her at that location even though Terry swears it's the right place.

If this is true then mom has been lying all along. I'll say no more for now.

Also, he says she was badly bruised at the time. IIRC, there were several older sibling and some family friends in the home that day and night. Surely one of them would have noticed if the baby was badly injured? You cannot have an adorable infant girl in the home with friends visiting, and not have them holding her and playing with her. I hope they come forward.

Much more detailed article:

From the mother, who's now been named:
Day said she breastfed Arieanna and at about 9:30 p.m. left her sleeping on Day’s bed. During the next half hour, she said that she was in her kitchen, out of sight of the bedroom, on the phone with Terry one or more times, and walked around the house. Just before 10 p.m., Day testified, she returned to her bedroom to find her 6-year-old sleeping on the bed — and Arieanna gone.

Day said that she smelled cigarette smoke and immediately called Terry and asked where he’d taken their baby. He denied having Arieanna, Day said. By 11 p.m., having talked to Terry several times, Day called city police, she said.
From Terry:
Terry gave a very different account, telling investigators that he went back to Day’s apartment after leaving his job in Roanoke. Day met him out front, carrying Arieanna, and told him to take the baby, Terry said, according to testimony from Roanoke Detective P.H. Delp.
In the interrogation video, Terry said Arieanna had a slight cut and general swelling, but seemed to be breathing all right. Asked why he did not take Arieanna for medical care, he said that he was scared. Instead, Terry took Arieanna to his car and drove toward Blacksburg.

Twenty or 30 minutes into the drive, Arieanna stopped breathing, Terry said.
Father of missing baby told police he buried her in shallow grave

There's more in the article. Some highlights:
-Day and Terry had a "turbulent relationship" with Day saying she had filed for custody and child support.

-Day admitted on cross that she did not want to be a mom for the fifth time.

-Terry took a polygraph exam - results not disclosed.

-Terry took officers to the burial location on September 12 but LE couldn't find Arieanna nor could cadaver dogs later in the evening. LE couldn't find evidence of a baby or a grave.

I'm trying to remember what exits are on 81 from Roanoke to Christiansburg. I think that Ironto exit is the first one after leaving Roanoke/Salem exits. I don't know that's where he really put her though. We do have bear, coyotes in that area, so it's possible something dug her up, but I think police would have seen some evidence of that. I don't know where he put her, but I think he murdered her.

Oh let's see, my wife doesn't know I had an affair and now have a baby. But I think it's a good idea to steal the baby, and bring it home to her. I'll just say I found it on the road and can we keep it! Yup, that should work!

He had no intention but evil in taking the baby! I don't know if she was injured at the time or not, but his reasoning makes zero sense. Just what did he think he was going to do with her after he got home? See? It's lies!

Totally agree with you 2Hope4! Doesn't make too much sense....

and this is strange - I can't get into the Virginia - Montgomery County - court site anymore....
gaah-smiley.gif

But I know his next date in court is 10/29 - a Revocation hearing - whatever "that" is??!!

Monday, October 29th:
*Revocation Hearing (@ 1pm ET) – VA – Arieanna Day (3 mos) (Sept 12, 2018, not found, Roanoke) – *Andrew Christopher Terry (31) arrested (9/12/18) & charged (9/20/18) with illegal disposal of a body. Held without bond. Bond denied on 9/20/18. 10/25/18 Judge sets bond at $50K, bonded out.
9/26/18: Revocation hearing on 10/29.
10/16/18 Update: Appealed ruling on “no bond”. Appeal granted a $50K Secure bond. The bond stipulations are the following: Turn in his passport, can't leave the Commonwealth of Virginia, has a curfew 10 p.m. to 7 a.m., & he is not to interfere with the current investigation. Next is Prelim hearing on 10/25.
10/25/18 Update: In September, Terry was arrested and charged with illegally concealing a body. Last week a judge allowed Terry out of jail on a $50,000 bond. The case is scheduled to go before a grand jury on January 8. Next hearing is Revocation hearing on 10/29.

I've been sitting on my hands, BUT there's just something about all of this that's making me think they were in on this together.

It's possible, but I don't get that vibe. I think her version makes a lot more sense. He snuck in and took the child, which he was being sued over for child support, while married to another woman---and he disposed of his problem.

I don't see any reason for Mom to have done anything violent. She was suing for custody and child support. Sounds like she was taking on full responsibility. Which she had done 4x already.

It's possible, but I don't get that vibe. I think her version makes a lot more sense. He snuck in and took the child, which he was being sued over for child support, while married to another woman---and he disposed of his problem.

I don't see any reason for Mom to have done anything violent. She was suing for custody and child support. Sounds like she was taking on full responsibility. Which she had done 4x already.
But she did say under oath that she didn't want to be a mother for a fifth time. Still, only Terry has been arrested so unless that changes it looks like he's the only person responsible for Arieanna's murder. MOO.

But she did say under oath that she didn't want to be a mother for a fifth time. Still, only Terry has been arrested so unless that changes it looks like he's the only person responsible for Arieanna's murder. MOO.

True, and it is understandable that a single mother of 4, being pregnant by a married man, would not be thrilled with the situation. But once she accepted it, which she must have done, since she went ahead and had the sweet baby, she had no reason to harm her. JMO

True, and it is understandable that a single mother of 4, being pregnant by a married man, would not be thrilled with the situation. But once she accepted it, which she must have done, since she went ahead and had the sweet baby, she had no reason to harm her. JMO
True and I agree with the reservation that right now we don't know how much LE released about the original story - taken at face value it implies she left stuff out. But if LE chose to hold back the rest of it then yeah, I think she's not involved. MOO.

She said when she first found out she was pregnant again that she didn’t want another child. I know many women who have felt the same.

Poor Arieanna has dropped to page 8 on ws. There have been 3 or 4 missing infants/toddlers over the past month or two. The others have all been found. I don’t understand why this case doesn’t have people outraged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back