VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

Is there a chance that mom was in on this disappearance too? It would be a good reason for her to be off in another room as “father” goes up to tell baby good night. Another poster made this suggestion. ^^^^. Sounds logical to me.

Since grandmother made the remark about taking other children, it may be that mom, knowing father was married,
just wanted to play with him. Oops, she ended up pregnant with a baby neither one wanted.

Didn't grandmother say there were five kids in the house that night?
Yes, My post at the beginning of this thread

"Sophia Bryant, the baby's grandmother, said five children were there and Arieanna was the only one taken. "We suspect who may have took the baby, but we really don’t know," said Bryan

Valencia E. Jones on Twitter 9/12

To be honest, this makes little to no sense to me. He doesn't want his wife to know about his affair, so he takes the child hoping her disappearance will go unnoticed? Couldn't he foresee that there would be fliers, family would be on tv, LE would question people starting with him, etc? I don't get it.

To be honest, this makes little to no sense to me. He doesn't want his wife to know about his affair, so he takes the child hoping her disappearance will go unnoticed? Couldn't he foresee that there would be fliers, family would be on tv, LE would question people starting with him, etc? I don't get it.

Not wanting his wife to find about the affair is only a social media rumor at this point. Personally, I don’t think he killed Arieanna. I do think he disposed of her body after she was already deceased. There are large rivers in Roanoke and NRV. I suspect he wrapped her well and placed her in a river or creek that’s not far off the road. It’s too muddy from all the rain to go trapsing deep into a wooded area. IMO her body isn’t in Blacksburg. I think she’s somewhere at the edge of Roanoke or Salem. I pray they find her soon!

Why is nobody talking about this missing 3 month old baby? Have we become so accustomed to reading about children going missing from their home that it’s become the norm? Or is it self-perseverance?

Just went to two of the main news websites in Roanoke WSLS and WDBJ and Arieanna's story isn't anywhere to be seen. Ah! Finally found an article from THREE days ago halfway down the page on WSLS, but notta on WDBJ. Unbelievable.

Just went to two of the main news websites in Roanoke WSLS and WDBJ and Arieanna's story isn't anywhere to be seen. Ah! Finally found an article from THREE days ago halfway down the page on WSLS, but notta on WDBJ. Unbelievable.
LE is being so tight-lipped that until Arieanna's body is found there's not much to report although I'm kind of surprised no reporter is curious enough to get into the background of her family.

Since Terry isn't charged with kidnapping I'm assuming he is Arieanna's father and must have had custody rights. Why he decided to ruin his life is a mystery to me - he had a good job and some respect in the community and apparently a family. Why throw it away?

It makes no sense that he was trying to hide Arieanna from his wife because what he did was pretty much guaranteed to make the news. So why???

LE is being so tight-lipped that until Arieanna's body is found there's not much to report although I'm kind of surprised no reporter is curious enough to get into the background of her family.

Since Terry isn't charged with kidnapping I'm assuming he is Arieanna's father and must have had custody rights. Why he decided to ruin his life is a mystery to me - he had a good job and some respect in the community and apparently a family. Why throw it away?

It makes no sense that he was trying to hide Arieanna from his wife because what he did was pretty much guaranteed to make the news. So why???
How then could he think he would be able to keep it from his wife?? His NOT being charged with kidnapping is taking me in a direction I shouldn't be going. Time to read only for awhile.

If he wants to argue that it was a natural death or someone else who killed this precious baby, then the best thing for him to do is to tell where the body is so that an autopsy can be performed.

He should also tell where the body is to that Arieanna's loved ones can have a proper funeral for her.

JMO. but I think this crime was only committed by him. Of course without her body he can say whatever he wants.

But if someone in the home were to conspire with this crime then it just doesn't make sense to me to call about the missing girl an hour after the crime had been committed. Would make more sense to call in the morning - after covering all the tracks necessary.

I really think this suspect thought the baby wouldn't be checked on again overnight, and wouldn't be discovered missing until morning at which point he would have a workable alibi ("I was home all night").

JMO. but I think this crime was only committed by him. Of course without her body he can say whatever he wants.

But if someone in the home were to conspire with this crime then it just doesn't make sense to me to call about the missing girl an hour after the crime had been committed. Would make more sense to call in the morning - after covering all the tracks necessary.

I really think this suspect thought the baby wouldn't be checked on again overnight, and wouldn't be discovered missing until morning at which point he would have a workable alibi ("I was home all night").
Keep in mind that according to msm the mother last saw Arieanna around 10 pm but I don't remember seeing the last time someone other than mom saw the baby. So it's possible that Arieanna went missing before the stated time.

For now we have to work with that timeframe since nothing has been mentioned about the mother. If her story is true then it would appear to exonerate her but for now I'm reserving my opinion until more information is released. I do hope that Andrew Terry is the only perp.

And while it's a tight window of one hour, in Levi Cole Ellerbe's case mom gave a false story to LE that he was abducted by a masked stranger at 9 pm. His body was found a little over an hour later. There have been other cases of a short period too, some were true, most were false.

He is the father, but IMO he doesn’t have custodial rights. Arieanna was only 3 months old. Her mother may have filed for custody and child support, but I think it would take a couple of months to get a hearing date.

Several areas of Roanoke were evacuated and flooding occurred overnight. The media has been busy covering local weather and the hurricane.

I’m sure we’ll hear more after his arraignment which will likely be this week.

We’ve seen it in other cases. I think they’re waiting to find her body before they levee any further charges.

If he buried the baby or placed her in a culvert, there’s a good chance her body has already been displaced. I’m afraid she won’t be found for months...maybe longer.

Keep in mind that according to msm the mother last saw Arieanna around 10 pm but I don't remember seeing the last time someone other than mom saw the baby. So it's possible that Arieanna went missing before the stated time.

For now we have to work with that timeframe since nothing has been mentioned about the mother. If her story is true then it would appear to exonerate her but for now I'm reserving my opinion until more information is released. I do hope that Andrew Terry is the only perp.

And while it's a tight window of one hour, in Levi Cole Ellerbe's case mom gave a false story to LE that he was abducted by a masked stranger at 9 pm. His body was found a little over an hour later. There have been other cases of a short period too, some were true, most were false.

Yes, that's if the time frame sticks. However, with so many other people in the house I think it would be hard to pull off a much earlier time frame without *someone* else knowing something was up.

Then keep in mind there are five(?) other kids being raised in the household...Generally if one kid is being abused, they all are. We haven't heard anything untoward about their home life and the media (and peanut gallery) loves to report on that stuff after the fact. It's not happening in this case thus far. So JMO, with what we know now, it was either a completely freak accident, and he was sent on a fools errand to get rid of the body, or Occam's razor, he kidnapped and killed her.

According to a search warrant, Andrew Christopher Terry, who was arrested in connection to the missing 3-month-old, Arieanna Day, is the father of the infant.

The warrant says Terry was on scene of the home on Hanover and had communication with the mother in the time leading up to the police report being made.

It says he was at the house on Hanover on separate occasions during the day of the police report. He was in his Black Nissan Maxima, which was the item searched.

Police took swabs from the car, shirts and carpet.

The affidavit also says “electronic communication devices” were used in reference to the missing infant before police were notified.

UPDATE: Roanoke police continue to search for 3-month-old child, with assumption that she is deceased

The plot thickens.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melyssafox42