VA VA- Arlington, 1300 block of N. Taylor Street, UID human remains found in recently purchased home, 26 Feb. 2024

dotr

Reaction score
Feb 27 2024
''ARLINGTON, Va. — Police are investigating after human remains were found inside a recently purchased home in Arlington Monday evening.
According to the Arlington County Police Department, officers were called to the 1300 block of N. Taylor Street for reports of "suspicious circumstances" shortly after 4:45 p.m.
Investigators say the human remains were found during a walkthrough of the recently purchased property. There is no word on any identification of the remains at this time. ''

Lots of questions here.

How long has the home sat empty? Is it one of those super old, abandoned homes you see on roadsides that needs major fixer upping? Would the realtor/seller not have already inspected the property before putting it on the market?

Also I'm wondering about the state of remains. They say "remains" and not body. So is it a skeleton?

the one left at the end of the road and the 2nd or 3rd from end on right needed help. there were deffo some nice remodels tho.
There are very many abandoned homes I see when driving around my area, many of which would be lovely if they had TLC, or still look quite lovely, just old. I can picture myself buying and fixing them to live in! But lately since reading about this, I've caught myself wondering if any of these houses are hiding something the public should know about.

Like human remains. Because who would go in there and look? Maybe the homeless or runaways seeking shelter, or mischievous kids looking to lift anything cool.

This reminds me. I read what I think was a Reddit post a long time ago where a user told a story about going urban exploring with friends as a teen. Don't remember where, but he and one friend climbed up into a duct of the building (or attic maybe) and discovered a skeleton an syringes. They called the cops and it was determined the John Doe died of an O.D.

Wow, that house probably looked so great back in the day. I have never seen a "corner window room" (don't know what to call them) like that before. Sun room and the kitchen perhaps? I could put so many plants in there.

FWIW, MOO the house looks very run down. I'm leaning away from the "occupant died and had no one to check on them" theory.

Though I acknowledge that there are lots of homes we could describe as "run down" that still have occupants. Sometimes a home looks run down only because it's old, and when you go inside, it's a lot nicer. Renovations and paint jobs specifically are expensive; if you have an older home, you may have to choose between "new flooring" and "new paint job" for example. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Who was the previous owner of the house? Land and property records would have that.

Electric Company and phone company records could also be checked to see who last lived there.

Arlington is a very "tear-down" place, where people replace older homes with giant homes. This house of course looks like it needs to be torn down!

700k for a tear down... VA is as bad as CA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back