VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparantly, the note was to an extended family member. And Aveion's parents do have money. At least...that's what they are saying. According to this news story.

Parents Give Details of 2-Year-Old’s Disappearance

[snip]

Avieon's stepfather said he was dozing off just before 6:30 p.m. Thursday night when there was a knock. The next thing he remembers is waking up to hysterical crying and seeing his four-year-old daughter bound and gagged.

Believing they were attacked because of an extended family member's financial debt, Morgan and Brandon Lockett can only sit, and beg, for their son's release.

A ransom note, that they way was left in their apartment demands $10,000.

"I mean we've got the money. We'll give it up," Brandon said.

"I just want my baby back," Morgan said. "Just bring him home, he didn't do nothing to nobody... we didn't do nothing to nobody, just bring him home."

[snip]

The Lockett's don't believe this is random, and are directly appealing to the men, they believe, are responsible for Avieon's disappearance.

"Please... I just want him back. I won't call the police. I'll just give the money up and just get him. You can just bring him and leave him. Just take the money. They can have it. I just want my son back," Brandon pleaded.

More: http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0110/696558.html

Apparantly, the note was to an extended family member. And Aveion's parents do have money. At least...that's what they are saying. According to this news story.

Parents Give Details of 2-Year-Old’s Disappearance

[snip]

Avieon's stepfather said he was dozing off just before 6:30 p.m. Thursday night when there was a knock. The next thing he remembers is waking up to hysterical crying and seeing his four-year-old daughter bound and gagged.

Believing they were attacked because of an extended family member's financial debt, Morgan and Brandon Lockett can only sit, and beg, for their son's release.

A ransom note, that they way was left in their apartment demands $10,000.

"I mean we've got the money. We'll give it up," Brandon said.

"I just want my baby back," Morgan said. "Just bring him home, he didn't do nothing to nobody... we didn't do nothing to nobody, just bring him home."

[snip]

The Lockett's don't believe this is random, and are directly appealing to the men, they believe, are responsible for Avieon's disappearance.

"Please... I just want him back. I won't call the police. I'll just give the money up and just get him. You can just bring him and leave him. Just take the money. They can have it. I just want my son back," Brandon pleaded.

More: http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0110/696558.html
snippet from same article:

Making the situation even more critical, Avieon's stepfather says the boy requires special attention in order to keep his body temperature at appropriate levels.
Call the tip line at 540-853-2212 if you have any information.
--

I don't understand the mom saying...... I won't call the police.....
but she did..they are all over everything now...
And they have $10,000.?
Why isn't the extended family member coughing up the money?
Are we talking a bad debt for drugs or gambling?

Hmm

Has the baby's father been interviewed or maybe drug activity is involved?I can't see tying up a little girl,but I'll tell you there has been alot of home invasions in the last few years in Virginia.Motive was robbery and revenge in another incident,but I don't think a child has been abducted.
Human trafficking for illegal adopting can also be motive,but this just really sounds odd to me.Mother not home,stepfather,tying up a little girl,I don't know.

I'm sure the State would like to know this man has $10,000 - seemingly with no problem

Heard about this little guy on HLN today...I'm not buying dad's story for a second. My first instinct is the baby is no longer with us...maybe I'm jaded by the number of cases we have here at WS without a happy ending. I hope I'm wrong.

I have posted Aveion on my site (Kidmissing) and on my blogspot as well as my new missing kids wiki. He is also on my Facebook and the Facebook I now administrate (find the missing children).

Heard about this little guy on HLN today...I'm not buying dad's story for a second. My first instinct is the baby is no longer with us...maybe I'm jaded by the number of cases we have here at WS without a happy ending. I hope I'm wrong.

Everyone local I've talked to about this today has said the same thing. Would love to know if the step-dad is the one who gave a description of these abductors...

He seemed to be very detailed in the descriptions of these guys and something in that is hinky with me. You get hit on the head hard enough that you are passed out for a period of time, but yet he can give this detailed of a description of not one guy...but 3?

I'm wondering,first I thought the four year old can tell LE a man tied her up,but this stepfather just said she was tied upstairs.So,she didn't see if anyone came in the house,unless she did see three men in her room.Did the man who tied her up have a mask on,so she couldn't really tell if it was someone she knew or not.One child is taken,he's a child with medical problems and not the stepfather's.They have thousands of dollars,money was already taken from the home,according to family and a name was on the ransom note,according to them.An abductor is going to put his name on a note?I think this is involving drugs or someone did something to the child,making it look like he was abducted,or possibly a non profit or foundation coming for donations to be sent.

Respectfully snipped:

and a name was on the ransom note,according to them.An abductor is going to put his name on a note?

My understanding about the name on the note is that it was a name of a friend/acquaintance/family member who had dealings with these people (the alleged abductors). If I'm wrong...someone please correct me!

So they have reserves of $10k, and money in the house, yet they live in the projects?

ETA: MB you are correct, the name on the note was a relative or close family friend's name. (The person that apparently this who act was pointed at..) Tony's name was mentioned earlier when the step-father chased the thugs away (which then they had mentioned that they were friends of friends..)

I think drugs and drug money are playing a HUGE part in all of this..

Respectfully snipped:

My understanding about the name on the note is that it was a name of a friend/acquaintance/family member who had dealings with these people (the alleged abductors). If I'm wrong...someone please correct me!

I see,sounds more and more like drugs involved or they're throwing it off on someone else,like Tony.

So they have reserves of $10k, and money in the house, yet they live in the projects?

ETA: MB you are correct, the name on the note was a relative or close family friend's name. (The person that apparently this who act was pointed at..) Tony's name was mentioned earlier when the step-father chased the thugs away (which then they had mentioned that they were friends of friends..)

Having access to $10,000 makes you wonder why they live in the projects, but, if you think about it, the projects are a ready-made market for selling drugs, and, if you're scamming on social security, the rent is cheap.

Maybe the "close family friend" is the keeper of the money.

I'm torn on what really happened and who is responsible, but, feel that drugs are definitely involved. MOO. So sad for the children, and hope that social services is checking into the welfare of all the kids involved.

<snip>

Aveion’s Uncle, Chris Ward, says a note was left behind written on the back of a hospital statement, demanding $10,000.
It had Chris’s name on it, “On the other side of the note it said ‘Nothing personal it is just business. We’ll contact you.“

Ward still, however, thinks there are parts to the story that don’t add up.

“I find it hard to believe they tied my neice up, took my nephew, and still had time to write a note with two different hand-writings and get out with nobody seeing them.“

Morgan Lockett says they’ve told police all they know, “Just bring him home.“

more here

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/amber_alert_still_on_family_speaks_out/75016/

Two different handwritings on a ransom note, hmmm? Yes, Mr. Ward, this makes no sense.

If one does the google walk of King Charles Ave you see it winds up as a dead-end/cul-de-sac and there are some wooded areas just off to the side.

Hope they have checked the Roanoke River bank which is also in very close proximity as well as dumpsters in the project and at the businesses close by (which there are several)

2 different hand writings on the ransom note...was he/are they trying to mimic the Ramsey ransom note?

Aw, what a dear little boy I sure hope he comes home safely. Looks like the uncle isn't buying the story.

I just checked the court records for Roanoke City - both General District and Circuit court and found nothing on Mom. Step-dad only had driving infractions. I find no criminal record.

2 different hand writings on the ransom note...was he/are they trying to mimic the Ramsey ransom note?
These people don't have a clue who the Ramsey's are...Don't mean to sound abrupt, but just based on what I've observed....

Love your avatar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members