Deceased/Not Found VA - Bethany Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011 *Guilty*

With regard to the yellow bag hanging on the door knob from the sheriff's office, how long has it been hanging there?

If Bethany was to be out of the apartment at the end of January, as reports have indicated, and she was not, it has now been 30 days from that time. I imagine the leasing company would have had her served with eviction papers after that time, right around the time that this story broke.

Even though she was reported missing on Feb 19th, I imagine that the leasing company would still have to follow their procedures, after 30 days of refusal to vacate, and have her served and that the sheriff's office, even knowing there was an active investigation, would have to follow through and serve those papers.

So maybe those eviction papers, if that's what they are, were only placed on the door at the 30 days past lease expiration time, as in this week, and have not been there since the end of January.

If they want the public's help, these little "tidbits" are going to have to be released to some degree...the public (and us!) are not stupid.

I will admit to writing NG on the first day (when I found this case) and begging for coverage - I'm glad it got covered, but doubt it had anything to do with my emails. If the family/friends want her found, LE needs to help us out with info!

This case is overflowing with hink.

There are a lot of clues that seem to indicate Decker was estranged or ready to end her marriage with her husband. Was he at peace with this, or had it been planned/know/mutual between them? Unsure. The fact that the last activity on her phone was on January 29, her husband leaves the first week of February for Afghanistan, and she is not there at the airport to see him off, is the biggest red flag ever.

1. It shows that Emile was in the area or possibly with his wife between Jan 29 and the day he left.

2. If he stayed ELSEWHERE between Jan 29 and his deployment, and NOT with his wife, that not only shows the strained relationship, but what adds more hink is why he didn't seem to have contact with his own wife via phone in those days before he left. I mean, it's bad enough you are not living or physically staying with your own wife before you head off to a warzone, but you don't have any contact with her in place of that??? HINKY!

3. Okay, aside from it being weird to me that her family had not seen or at least been in contact with her since the holidays, but when she failed to show up at the airport to see Emile off, and they seemed to just shrug their shoulders and wave away their slight concern, that is just REALLY hinky. Then, they don't report her missing until the middle of February!!!! You better believe my mother would have reported me missing to police over the phone, right there in the airport, lol. Something is just not right here. Either her family REALLY dropped the ball or has a strained relationship with her, or Decker has disappeared in the past and no one wants to mention this or fess up.

4. Emile does seem to garner some hink with this situation, especially with the neighbor complaining about hearing fighting frequently from their apt, in addition to the estrangement clues and him still being in the area when she last had contact with anyone (phone). And it seems convenient that he deploys to a foreign country for military service right after she is last heard from (phone). HOWEVER, this estrangement that they seemingly had could also mean that Decker was indeed involved with another man, if we are to believe the rumors, and that HE could be responsible, not Emile, for her disappearance.

_____

And on another hinky note, I find it VERY odd that her toddler is not living with her AND her husband and is instead with her mother. I don't buy the assumption from other posters that since she was busy with school, the baby was living APART from Decker. I've heard of young mothers LIVING with their parents, while the parents take over with the baby, while the young mother is at school/work, but the fact that they are all living apart is ODD.

I also find it odd, and very sad that this woman's family waited 2 weeks before reporting her missing. I am unsure what the situation is. Between the holidays and Jan 29, they said that they had no contact from her/not heard from her. Does that mean SHE never reached out to them, but THEY TRIED to contact her?? Or they flat out never communicated with her? After she failed to show up at the airport---did they try to call her right then and there? Did they try and contact her in the days/weeks following?

I just find it sad---if this is the actual situation---that her family goes for a full month without communicating with her, and then another 2 weeks before going to police. UNLESS, there is a pattern of her going missing.

My final "hink"ling is why I have not heard of this case until today. I live about 1.5 hours away from Ashburn and occasionally watch the DC/NoVa news and NOTHING. No local or national media coverage. Sad and odd.

We'll see what happens I guess.....

This case is overflowing with hink.

There are a lot of clues that seem to indicate Decker was estranged or ready to end her marriage with her husband. Was he at peace with this, or had it been planned/know/mutual between them? Unsure. The fact that the last activity on her phone was on January 29, her husband leaves the first week of February for Afghanistan, and she is not there at the airport to see him off, is the biggest red flag ever.

1. It shows that Emile was in the area or possibly with his wife between Jan 29 and the day he left.

2. If he stayed ELSEWHERE between Jan 29 and his deployment, and NOT with his wife, that not only shows the strained relationship, but what adds more hink is why he didn't seem to have contact with his own wife via phone in those days before he left. I mean, it's bad enough you are not living or physically staying with your own wife before you head off to a warzone, but you don't have any contact with her in place of that??? HINKY!

Yes, you better believe my husband is spending every last waking moment he can with me before he leavs for a deployment or even a short TDY. Naturally I would still have to work but that doesn't mean he would just leave me early to go off with friends instead. Unless of course these rumors are true and there was a problem in the relationship. However, if there was a problem then why go to Hawaii (where her father is) and then her grandparents for "vacations". Do we know if their son went with them on these trips? If so maybe it was just a we are bringing your grandson to you since we have time thing?!

3. Okay, aside from it being weird to me that her family had not seen or at least been in contact with her since the holidays, but when she failed to show up at the airport to see Emile off, and they seemed to just shrug their shoulders and wave away their slight concern, that is just REALLY hinky. Then, they don't report her missing until the middle of February!!!! You better believe my mother would have reported me missing to police over the phone, right there in the airport, lol. Something is just not right here. Either her family REALLY dropped the ball or has a strained relationship with her, or Decker has disappeared in the past and no one wants to mention this or fess up.

This is where there are conflicting reports so we really don't know. I have read the holiday is the last time they had contact with her, I have read a couple of days before the 29th is the last time, I have read she and Emile were with her grandparents around the 28th, I have read her family was at the airport and also that they weren't. That's the issue ... we really don't know.

4. Emile does seem to garner some hink with this situation, especially with the neighbor complaining about hearing fighting frequently from their apt, in addition to the estrangement clues and him still being in the area when she last had contact with anyone (phone). And it seems convenient that he deploys to a foreign country for military service right after she is last heard from (phone). HOWEVER, this estrangement that they seemingly had could also mean that Decker was indeed involved with another man, if we are to believe the rumors, and that HE could be responsible, not Emile, for her disappearance.

_____

And on another hinky note, I find it VERY odd that her toddler is not living with her AND her husband and is instead with her mother. I don't buy the assumption from other posters that since she was busy with school, the baby was living APART from Decker. I've heard of young mothers LIVING with their parents, while the parents take over with the baby, while the young mother is at school/work, but the fact that they are all living apart is ODD.

I do know some that have done this. Would I do it? No, but that's me. Shoot I'm about to be in the same prediciment as her after my little one is born. I will work, finish school, and have/raise a child while my husband is deployed ... it's just the way of my life and I knew that going in. Anyways, so while I find it odd I just don't think it's an issue in regards to her disappearance. JMO

I also find it odd, and very sad that this woman's family waited 2 weeks before reporting her missing. I am unsure what the situation is. Between the holidays and Jan 29, they said that they had no contact from her/not heard from her. Does that mean SHE never reached out to them, but THEY TRIED to contact her?? Or they flat out never communicated with her? After she failed to show up at the airport---did they try to call her right then and there? Did they try and contact her in the days/weeks following?

Yes this has been my main concern as well. Why wait 2 weeks and especially after no being at the airport ... but this brings me back to the conflicting airport stories in general. We don't know if it was planned for her to not be there, we don't know if her family was truly there, we don't know anything for sure and that bites!

I just find it sad---if this is the actual situation---that her family goes for a full month without communicating with her, and then another 2 weeks before going to police. UNLESS, there is a pattern of her going missing.

My final "hink"ling is why I have not heard of this case until today. I live about 1.5 hours away from Ashburn and occasionally watch the DC/NoVa news and NOTHING. No local or national media coverage. Sad and odd.

We'll see what happens I guess.....

Purple done by me ... just extra thoughts. :) The lack of information is killing me ... and Bethany ... on this case!

this case is overflowing with hink.

There are a lot of clues that seem to indicate decker was estranged or ready to end her marriage with her husband. Was he at peace with this, or had it been planned/know/mutual between them? Unsure. The fact that the last activity on her phone was on january 29, her husband leaves the first week of february for afghanistan, and she is not there at the airport to see him off, is the biggest red flag ever.

1. It shows that emile was in the area or possibly with his wife between jan 29 and the day he left.

2. If he stayed elsewhere between jan 29 and his deployment, and not with his wife, that not only shows the strained relationship, but what adds more hink is why he didn't seem to have contact with his own wife via phone in those days before he left. I mean, it's bad enough you are not living or physically staying with your own wife before you head off to a warzone, but you don't have any contact with her in place of that??? Hinky!

3. Okay, aside from it being weird to me that her family had not seen or at least been in contact with her since the holidays, but when she failed to show up at the airport to see emile off, and they seemed to just shrug their shoulders and wave away their slight concern, that is just really hinky. Then, they don't report her missing until the middle of february!!!! You better believe my mother would have reported me missing to police over the phone, right there in the airport, lol. Something is just not right here. Either her family really dropped the ball or has a strained relationship with her, or decker has disappeared in the past and no one wants to mention this or fess up.

4. Emile does seem to garner some hink with this situation, especially with the neighbor complaining about hearing fighting frequently from their apt, in addition to the estrangement clues and him still being in the area when she last had contact with anyone (phone). And it seems convenient that he deploys to a foreign country for military service right after she is last heard from (phone). however, this estrangement that they seemingly had could also mean that decker was indeed involved with another man, if we are to believe the rumors, and that he could be responsible, not emile, for her disappearance.

_____

and on another hinky note, i find it very odd that her toddler is not living with her and her husband and is instead with her mother. I don't buy the assumption from other posters that since she was busy with school, the baby was living apart from decker. I've heard of young mothers living with their parents, while the parents take over with the baby, while the young mother is at school/work, but the fact that they are all living apart is odd.

I also find it odd, and very sad that this woman's family waited 2 weeks before reporting her missing. I am unsure what the situation is. Between the holidays and jan 29, they said that they had no contact from her/not heard from her. Does that mean she never reached out to them, but they tried to contact her?? Or they flat out never communicated with her? After she failed to show up at the airport---did they try to call her right then and there? Did they try and contact her in the days/weeks following?

I just find it sad---if this is the actual situation---that her family goes for a full month without communicating with her, and then another 2 weeks before going to police. Unless, there is a pattern of her going missing.

My final "hink"ling is why i have not heard of this case until today. I live about 1.5 hours away from ashburn and occasionally watch the dc/nova news and nothing. No local or national media coverage. Sad and odd.

We'll see what happens i guess.....

ita!!!

this case is full of hink and i dunno why families wont clue the public in as to the truth. maybe this will help people talk. where are her friends? I can understand going to school, working etc and having mom take care of the little one, but not even calling to check on your kid? ummm...riiiight. Something is off.

it will be up to the commander but any commander worth his weight would send this soldier home asap.

I asked mr. nursebeeme about this (((he is a commander right now))) and said absolutely this soldier will be sent home if he is needed/requested or even if he is requesting himself to go.

moo

. Emile does seem to garner some hink with this situation, especially with the neighbor complaining about hearing fighting frequently from their apt, in addition to the estrangement clues and him still being in the area when she last had contact with anyone (phone). And it seems convenient that he deploys to a foreign country for military service right after she is last heard from (phone). HOWEVER, this estrangement that they seemingly had could also mean that Decker was indeed involved with another man, if we are to believe the rumors, and that HE could be responsible, not Emile, for her disappearance.

Snipped from Wathful eye's post for space.
The fighting that was heard by the neighbor was between Bethany and her boyfriend - not the husband.

Army Husband of Missing Virginia Woman Agrees to Cooperate in Search

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/03/army-husband-missing-virginia-woman-agrees-cooperate-search/#

So does this mean that he is not planning to come back to the states to search for his missing wife? Yikes!

This is just a summary (it references the news website in that article) taken from this article:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/vir...-bethany-decker-calls-from-afghanistan-030211

Hours after the story broke
on D.C. television stations, Pvt. Emile Decker called from Afghanistan. He called again at 10 a.m. (Eastern Time) and "He wants to cooperate fully," according to Capt. Ken Pratt.

Pratt said Decker spoke with an investigator. Capt. Pratt also said Decker expressed concern for his missing wife.

Lawmen are asking the Army to send Decker back to Virginia for in-person interviews.

I would not be at all surprised if they don't let him come back. Webcam is probably just as good as an in person interview as far as they are concerned. Their thinking will be... since Baby K is living elsewhere, if he is not a suspect, what purpose does it serve for him to return?

In Lori Arrowood's case I was completely stunned that Nate was on a plane back here so quickly. It was the first time I had seen that for just a "missing spouse." Nate hadn't been here when she disappeared and they knew there was foul play involved. I think they were trying to get him back before the body was found. He was also a Sgt, which may have played a part.

I have known of other military wives who went missing and just didn't make the news. Even ones who had young children, even a young child with special needs or medical issues. The husband never came home early from their deployment.

The military wanted to know if the soldier was a suspect if someone was missing.

They wanted to know if the child/children would go into foster care if the husband didn't return.

If the answer was no to both, the husband stayed deployed. Unless someone died or the missing person's body was found and he needed to return for that.

I have a friend who had 5 children under 10.

While her husband was in Afghanistan she had a 4 year old child diagnosed with leukemia Monday. A 1 year child diagnosed with a severe heart defect on Friday that needed surgery immediately. She was due with her 5th child the following Friday.

2 kids in two separate hospitals, 2 hours apart with home in the middle an hour from each... delivering the baby at a 3rd hospital plus a 8 and 9 year old at home. That is 3 places someone needs to be... after baby is born. Without the 3rd person it leaves at least one terrified baby at a hospital without a parent or grandparent.

It was almost laughable when they asked for her husband to come back.

They asked if the kids would go to foster care if he didn't. Since the answer was no... He did another 6 months of his deployment before coming home.

What she went through was horrible and she has never gotten over the guilt. That her babies woke up crying for her and it was a stranger who was there.

Interesting.. I had children in 2 different hospitals and it was a hospital policy 1 person NON hospital staff be with each child at all times (Relative or family friend). When i went to the hospital cafeteria they made me take a beeper even.

Police search home of missing woman's boyfriend

Posted at 4:49 PM ET, 03/ 4/2011

Loudoun County Sheriff's deputies on Tuesday searched the home of the last person to see Bethany Anne Decker, 21, a pregnant Ashburn woman missing for over a month, according to authorities.

The Loudoun Sheriff's Office declined to detail the outcome of the search of the Centreville home where the man, described in court papers as Decker's current boyfriend, lives with his mother.

The search warrant affidavit indicated that investigators were looking for evidence that might help locate Decker. The results of the search were not available Friday afternoon at the Fairfax County Courthouse. The Centreville man, the father of Decker's unborn child, saw Decker on Jan. 29, the papers say. He moved out of Decker's Ashburn apartment in February, police said, and made conflicting reports to police about when he first noticed Decker's car parked outside her apartment, according to the affidavit.

more at link

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/update-on-the-news/police-search-home-of-missing.html

So there is a boyfriend? I wonder if NG will still cover the case; she tends to drop people if they don't meet with her original theories...

Interesting..... they've changed the title of the article since I posted it above.

Now it says: Home search in missing woman case. The article itself is still the same though.

Well, well, well. I'm predicting a 10+ thread for this strange case. So sad that innocent children are involved.

Police search home of missing woman's boyfriend

Posted at 4:49 PM ET, 03/ 4/2011

Loudoun County Sheriff's deputies on Tuesday searched the home of the last person to see Bethany Anne Decker, 21, a pregnant Ashburn woman missing for over a month, according to authorities.

The Loudoun Sheriff's Office declined to detail the outcome of the search of the Centreville home where the man, described in court papers as Decker's current boyfriend, lives with his mother.

The search warrant affidavit indicated that investigators were looking for evidence that might help locate Decker. The results of the search were not available Friday afternoon at the Fairfax County Courthouse. The Centreville man, the father of Decker's unborn child, saw Decker on Jan. 29, the papers say. He moved out of Decker's Ashburn apartment in February, police said, and made conflicting reports to police about when he first noticed Decker's car parked outside her apartment, according to the affidavit.

more at link

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/update-on-the-news/police-search-home-of-missing.html

So the mystery comments were true after all. It seems they've found their perp... MOO.

It's seems to me like her BF didn't quite like her taking a trip to Hawaii with her husband. IMO

I agree with a lot of the other posters here. Now that the "boyfriend" is officially part of the mix, I think we've found our perp. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back