VA VA - Bonnie Santiago, 56, Carter Mountain, 12 July 2014

Vigil Held for Bonnie Santiago, Others Who Have Disappeared

http://www.nbc29.com/story/31335342/vigil-held-for-bonnie-santiago-others-who-have-disappeared

Saturday, the family of Bonnie Santiago remains hopeful to find the missing mother who vanished from Albemarle County in 2014.

Dozens of people in Staunton released balloons in Santiago's honor, to share that message of hope. It's the first time they've gathered since police announced they believe Santiago is dead.

Fifty-six-year-old Bonnie Santiago disappeared from a home on Carter's Mountain on July 12, 2014.

Though police now believe her 2014 disappearance ended in foul play, and she has died, her family is not giving up hope.

I think we can all agree that everyone here knew that Bonnie was not missing voluntarily and was most likely deceased, poor lady 😕 I feel so bad for her family.

Santiago's family ties green ribbons for two-year anniversary of disappearance

http://www.newsplex.com/content/news/Family-of-Bonnie-Santiago-puts--386352831.html

"I just want to bring her home, and put her in her final resting place is all I want. And I want justice," said Lois Roberts, who is Santiago's former daughter-in-law.

Family and friends are making sure her case isn't forgotten by making an anniversary flyer, tying green bows around trees in Central Virginia, and using the hashtag #BowsforBonnie.

"We don't have her and I will push until the day I die," said Roberts. "When this do go to court and we bring her home, I will be the one sitting in the front row."

Bonnie Kay Santiago – The Charley Project

bonnie_kay_santiago_1.jpg
bonnie_kay_santiago_4.jpg
bonnie_kay_santiago_5.jpg
bonnie_kay_santiago_6.jpg
bonnie_kay_santiago_7.jpg

Bonnie Kay Santiago

Missing Since 07/12/2014
Missing From Albemarle County, Virginia
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Female
Race Hispanic
Age 56 years old
Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'5, 160 - 175 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A white shirt with designs on it, blue denim capri pants and flip-flops.
Medical Conditions Santiago suffers from a heart condition and was taking life-sustaining medication for it at the time of her disappearance; the medicine was left behind.
Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Black/brown hair, brown/hazel eyes. Santiago wears eyeglasses; these were left behind.

Details of Disappearance
Santiago was last seen at his boyfriend's residence on Carter Mountain in Albemarle County, Virginia at 1:00 a.m. on July 12, 2014. She has never been heard from again.

When her van was located a few days later, there was evidence of a violent struggle: the vehicle's rear-view mirror had been nearly torn off, there was blood, thought to be Santiago's, at the scene, and there were footprints on the inside of the windshield. Santiago's belongings, including her cellular phone, eyeglasses, flip-flops and medication, were left in the van.

Santiago lived in Brands Flat, Virginia at the time of her disappearance, and left behind seven children and fourteen grandchildren. Her niece, Sabrina High, also known as Sabrina Rock, was on the cast of the reality television show Breaking Amish for the first three seasons.

Since Santiago disappearance, she hasn't refilled her prescriptions or accessed her bank accounts. Investigators believe she met with foul play and is probably dead. They drained a septic tank and and searched it for her body in 2016, but their efforts turned up nothing. Her case remains unsolved.

Her NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Article from July 2019 Family still looking for answers after Bonnie Santiago's disappearance

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back