Found Deceased VA - Broque 'Brock' Cockrum, 25, Norfolk, 13 Dec 2016

On the missing poster it said he was expected to be back at 6 a.m. after he went out. Sounds like to me his sister or whoever knew he planned on staying the night with his date. Also if the girl returned his things she must have known his sister or at least enough to know where she lived (he was staying) to return them. Was he ever stationed in the area? Tons of military--- Navy, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, and Marines. You name it the Hampton Roads area has it. Oceanview isn't the best area. We also have another WS case in that area AJ Hadsell. But totally unrelated.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

This is local for me. I don't live in Norfolk but am somewhat familiar with the city. It doesn't look like Ocean View and Grandy Village are close. If he was walking there are many areas where he might not be safe.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-23-08-27-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-12-23-08-27-26.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 288
I'm also local, but not in Norfolk. Its disappointing that there has been nothing in the news media since the WTKR and WVEC articles on the first page.

I read that Broque has PTSD & is bi-polar. Do you know if he was suicidal? I'm wondering if family/friends have checked hospitals? It sounds like he wasn't in a good place, leaving the woman's home without his trousers & other personal belongings. This makes me think he wasn't in the best state of mind. Also, could drugs be involved? Could he be hiding out/partying while away from his responsibilities? (Ie. Significant other, children, stress of the holidays, etc.)

Brock- no matter what, your family loves you and wants you home. Your children need you home. Nothing you've done is too much for them. Please find a way to reach out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have read some of his sisters post and some of the stuff people are saying doesn't make sense to me. That isn't the broque i knew. But people change. Don't wanna say whats going on till its released to the public.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

I have read some of his sisters post and some of the stuff people are saying doesn't make sense to me. That isn't the broque i knew. But people change. Don't wanna say whats going on till its released to the public.

I read a lot of family stuff on facebook late one night and connected some of the pieces and I believe found who he was with that night. None of this I have yet to see in MSM yet. So I will wait and continue to watch.
I hope he is found safe soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I read a lot of family stuff on facebook late one night and connected some of the pieces and I believe found who he was with that night. None of this I have yet to see in MSM yet. So I will wait and continue to watch.
I hope he is found safe soon.

Thank you for keeping the info private for now.

Were there any cameras in the area that he was last seen? Just to get a timeline to confirm he was actually leaving this persons house, or in a certain area would be something to start with.

That is so sad. I know it was coming. My deepest sympathy to his family.

RIP Brock
Sad, not surprising. I spent a night reading among post's on facebook and in media and I was concerned.

So sad. We need for help and resources for our vets and active duty militarily. Military life is stressful for every family member too. Makes me so upset when we're worried more about the feelings and humanity about illegals on our country than our vets. Where are the protests for them?! Okay rant over. [emoji26]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This is so sad. My thoughts are with his family. My community is still grieving the loss of a family. The son was a member of the armed forces and had PTSD. He shot his mother, his wife, his daughter and then himself last week. Such a tragedy. We must end the stigma of mental health in addition to looking after veterans. I'm in Canada but I think it's the same as the US. The government shouldn't be able to discharge them without a plan and resources in place.

This is so sad. My thoughts are with his family. My community is still grieving the loss of a family. The son was a member of the armed forces and had PTSD. He shot his mother, his wife, his daughter and then himself last week. Such a tragedy. We must end the stigma of mental health in addition to looking after veterans. I'm in Canada but I think it's the same as the US. The government shouldn't be able to discharge them without a plan and resources in place.
My understanding as a military spouse there was one. My husband went through many resources but he was also a career airman of 26 years.

My understanding as a military spouse there was one. My husband went through many resources but he was also a career airman of 26 years.

ETA sometimes multitasking, my phone choosing words for me and not proofreading. I realize later my words are a jumbled mess.

What I was trying to say as as a key spouse of an active duty airman I feel there were many resources on base available.

Sadly, after they leave the service those resources are not as easily available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back