VA VA - Clarksville, Kerr Lake, WhtMale 35-50, UP6315, Doberman head tatt w/Capone 2/14/92, Nov'09

Wow, over 1200 ruleouts back in 2016 - LE sure are motivated with this one. Surely with all those man-hours they have devoted they could just sign him up to DDP or another ID project?
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/6315/details

Thumbnail

White male, estimated age 35-50, found Nov. 21, 2009 in Kerr Lake, near Crescent Lake, in Clarksburg, Mecklenberg Co., Virginia. Died of blunt force trauma. Was wearing blue jeans, canvas belt and black Nike sneakers. Tattoo of doverman pinscher's head with the word "Capone" and date, "2-14-92" on right shoulder. Call 434-738-6171. http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-now-mecklenburg-body.d08,0,2253619.story

did anyone else find this lead: Longevity Certified Listing | Doberman Pinscher Club of America

Marcel Melo is listed as the owner of Little Man Capone

did anyone else find this lead: Longevity Certified Listing | Doberman Pinscher Club of America

Marcel Melo is listed as the owner of Little Man Capone

That's interesting. I did a little digging and found out that Marcel bought Little Man Capone off of a breeder. I looked up the breeder's name and only found one match, and she has only been breeding Dobermans since 2002. The dates are too far off to be the Doe's dog.

I really think Capone was a friend/relative of this person, who died in 1992. Maybe a street name?

I really think Capone was a friend/relative of this person, who died in 1992. Maybe a street name?

I also suspect that Capone was a person. I just discovered this case and have been looking into it, and while I can't find any "Capone" mentioned in obituaries from February 14, 1992, I did find a Jerry Caponigro who died on that date. He is buried in Pennsylvania so is in the mid-Atlantic region at least in a nearby part of the country to where the body was found: Genaro “Jerry” Caponigro (1904-1992) - Find A...

I can't find his actual obituary, just the findagrave page, so I don't know whether he was nicknamed "Capone" at any point, but it seems plausible to me. I'm also not really sure what to do with this information...should I suggest the connection to case detectives or does it seem like a waste of their time?

That's weird. There's only one MP exclusion listed now in NamUs, and their page is unavailable. Has a match been made?

BTW, there were some recent good suggestions here from new WS members.

Last edited:
There was an older comment about whether this person was a local. Clarksville is not itself very large, but Kerr Lake certainly is. It takes a couple of hours to drive around it going through VA and NC, so there's a lot of other small communities to consider.

That's weird. There's only one MP exclusion listed now in NamUs, and their page is unavailable. Has a match been made?

BTW, there were some recent good suggestions here from new WS members.

Oh, that's interesting. I know that Virginia UIDs always have hundreds of rule-outs because of an automatic procedure that checks every UID against practically every MP aside from the ones that are physically impossible. So it's not really surprising that he had over 1200 exclusions in the first place, but it's weird that they removed most of them. I wonder if someone in LE decided to hide his whole list while working on the case? Or have Virginia changed their procedure for rule-outs in general?

Oh, that's interesting. I know that Virginia UIDs always have hundreds of rule-outs because of an automatic procedure that checks every UID against practically every MP aside from the ones that are physically impossible. So it's not really surprising that he had over 1200 exclusions in the first place, but it's weird that they removed most of them. I wonder if someone in LE decided to hide his whole list while working on the case? Or have Virginia changed their procedure for rule-outs in general?
I looked at few other UID cases in VA. Several have 1200+ rule-outs. Maybe this is just Mecklemburg County's way of organizing things. Of their 3 other UIDs, one has 3 rule-outs now, the others none.

I'm still puzzled by the single rule-out listed now for the Kerr Lake JD. His page is still unavailable so I won't add his name here as maybe he has a match pending somewhere or was found alive. He didn't have a WS thread. The one MSM article I could find about his disappearance didn't mention any tattoos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back